Rapaport: Bills won’t cut Tyrod, fine with paying 6 mill bonus

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Tyrod + Lamar Jackson = worst case scenario, as they are pretty much the same player; Jackson just happens to be a bit taller.

The more I read about Jackson, the more I like him. If we were to stand pat at 21, I would be ok with him, moreso than Rudolph. 

4 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Tyrod and Lamar Jackson?

It's actually a smart move if they do plan on drafting Lamar Jackson. Taylor's contract is off the books in 2019 and any decent FA QB signed this year will want more than a one year deal. That means they'll have a lot of draft picks (this year) and salary cap (next year) to support Jackson's chances of success.

Edited by 1billsfan
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Tyrod + Lamar Jackson = worst case scenario, as they are pretty much the same player; Jackson just happens to be a bit taller.

The only thing Jackson and Taylor have in common is, they're both black and can run. Jackson is a much better passer.

Edited by NewDayBills
  • Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So they want to pay the bonus to make it easier to trade?

That sounds like a part of it. From what he said it was basically that the Bills aren’t just going to walk away without another plan in place. They won’t cut Tyrod to go try to find someone. If they have someone then they can try to trade him. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1