The Garbage Plate Video

rockpile

5 hours ago, rockpile said:

I did not see this posted so I decided to share it. 

Nick Tahou's s 100 Yeas Old! Official HQ of the WNYTBDGPS. Click for video!

mmmmmmmmmmmmm yum.

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Bay Hots had the best garbage plates.  Too bad they closed.  Never liked Tahou’s.   

Empire Hots in Webster and Gitsis on Monroe had good plates. Gitsis closed awhile back though. i don't know if the same owners opened under the new name or not, the Avenue Diner.

On 2/22/2018 at 11:58 AM, teef said:

oh i'm with you.  the last one i had was about a year ago.  when we were younger, it was a regular after a night of drinking.  now at 40, i just can't do that ****.

Barfed a garbage plate up one time on the sidewall of the crapper in the Nick Tahou's in the city in my early 20's.     Went there after getting completely shitfaced at some bars in the city.     Spent so much time in the shitter - my buddies came in to check on me.   Found me in the stall with new barf wallpaper everywhere.   

Felt sorry for the poor bastards who work there who had to clean that up.    It was beyond disgusting.    Had to have happened a bunch of times there though.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

Barfed a garbage plate up one time on the sidewall of the crapper in the Nick Tahou's in the city in my early 20's.     Went there after getting completely shitfaced at some bars in the city.     Spent so much time in the shitter - my buddies came in to check on me.   Found me in the stall with new barf wallpaper everywhere.   

Felt sorry for the poor bastards who work there who had to clean that up.    It was beyond disgusting.    Had to have happened a bunch of times there though.

What did you do for the rest of the day..

• Haha (+1) 1

Was with a couple buddies a few years ago and we went out of our way to check out the original Tahou's on our way home from playing some golf out in the ROC area and it left me with two lasting impressions 1) the garbage plate being decent but nothing on the level of Buffalo Wings, Deep Dish Pizza from Chicago, Fish Tacos from Cali etc...2) The place being an absolute DUMP

Not something I would ever go out of my way for again but I could certainly see the appeal for the drunken college kids 

On 2/22/2018 at 11:22 AM, FappyTheClown said:

Garbage plates are disgusting. Why this city is so proud of something so nasty is beyond me.

Not If You Have A Good One.

Mammas Smokin BBQ In Shongo Is Money!

My dream garbage plate consist of: homes fries, baked beans,mashed potatoes n gravy, smoked brisket, kielbasa, hamburger, chicken tenders, bacon, Texas sauce, chedder cheese throughout and over easy eggs. :wub:

On 2/23/2018 at 3:02 PM, PolishDave said:

They close at 8:00 PM now. It became too much of a magnet for drunks and druggees and other pillars of society. I am not judging - I was there too! I just never wasted a plate by donating it back to Nick's. :P

On 2/23/2018 at 6:18 PM, BillsPride12 said:

Was with a couple buddies a few years ago and we went out of our way to check out the original Tahou's on our way home from playing some golf out in the ROC area and it left me with two lasting impressions 1) the garbage plate being decent but nothing on the level of Buffalo Wings, Deep Dish Pizza from Chicago, Fish Tacos from Cali etc...2) The place being an absolute DUMP

Not something I would ever go out of my way for again but I could certainly see the appeal for the drunken college kids 

That is called "ambiance".

On 2/25/2018 at 7:20 PM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Not If You Have A Good One.

Mammas Smokin BBQ In Shongo Is Money!

My dream garbage plate consist of: homes fries, baked beans,mashed potatoes n gravy, smoked brisket, kielbasa, hamburger, chicken tenders, bacon, Texas sauce, chedder cheese throughout and over easy eggs. :wub:

Sounds good but it is not a Garbage Plate! 0:)

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/23/2018 at 11:03 AM, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Come to Ra Cha Cha for lunch the Friday before the opener tailgate...

BTW - the Garbage Plate Wrap from Hungry's in Pittsford is amazeballs

LDR Charpit on Lake Avenue in Charlotte has one of the best beef burgers in town, along with excellent onion rings. 

LDR Char Pit

On 2/22/2018 at 8:56 AM, LeviF91 said:

Yeah, I like them and all but it's a twice a year thing for me.

That's about how many times I get back to Rochester. Enough for me, but I have to dive in once during my visit. So good! Taking my family w/ us for my daughter's graduation in May. My Bro / Law has heard of these for years now. He's looking forward to the plate. 

4 hours ago, rockpile said:

They close at 8:00 PM now. It became too much of a magnet for drunks and druggees and other pillars of society. I am not judging - I was there too! I just never wasted a plate by donating it back to Nick's. :P

That is called "ambiance".

Sounds good but it is not a Garbage Plate! 0:)

Its My Gadbage Plate :D