Won't anyone think of the poor, sensitive Lawful Gun Owner?

LA Grant

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

12 pages of Grant blathering emotionally about wanting to stop shootings...

Yet he hasn't said boo about the fact the school system, local politicians, and sheriffs office allowed this to happen by selling out the kids for federal dollars. 

39 times they were warned, yet did nothing. 

4 officers outside the building as the shooting happened, yet they did nothing. 

Since he he is only outraged about guns, it shows us that he doesn't really care about saving kids or stopping murder. 

Just getting the guns. 

Its a shallow argument devoid of reason and made for completely partisan reasons. 

These guys hate trump more than the nutjob shooters imho.

Totally irrational.

Sitting here reading this post, all I can do is shake my head.

I'm ashamed and embarrassed at how much hatred there is towards

our great country from the left.

Its as if the media and the left celebrate these incidents as holidays.

Edited by Albwan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Albwan said:

It's not 'as if.'

They simply do. They are poised and ready to take any incident and turn it into their latest effort to label groups of people as dangerous, evil,  and even murderous, and quickly dispatch their gatorman/tiberius/lagrant-like chuckleheads to Facebook to yell and scream about how the world would be a better place if only Hillary wasn't robbed of her due seat.

On the bright side, most Americans don't fall for it any more. The country sees the left for what they are, because the left is TOO quick to turn everything political. They literally moved this nation to make Donald freaking Trump our president because the thought of another leftist in charge was genuinely a worse option.

Amazing, really, when you think about it. They mock the middle of the country that elected Trump without realizing the role they played. And it was a magnificent role, really. I'm not kidding. It was huge. Biggest we've ever seen.

Bigly, even.

1 hour ago, Albwan said:

Well, at least they come forward with the fake outrage if you call them out on it:

“I don’t know anybody in the media that likes mass shootings,” Camerota said. “You’re wrong on every single level. We pray that there’s never another one. And the idea of them being ratings gold … guess what? They’re not ratings gold. Because Americans have reached saturation levels. They’re so sick of it. It’s so heartbreaking that they actually often turn away.”

“It’s not true, you know this!” Camerota replied. “It’s just not true! How dare you!”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dare-cnns-camerota-clashes-nras-loesch-claim-media-love-mass-shootings-151738545.html

Of course, CNN staged a heavily scripted town hall (complete with plants), heavily promoted it for the better part of a week, and sold advertising because they're not trying to improve their ratings. Nah, it was all for humanitarian reasons. Handing students scripted questions to ambush that idiot Rubio was clearly to aid in the healing process...

3 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

And now in addition to calling me a pedophile, you're calling me a plagiarist?

Sources now, or GTFO.

Way ahead of you, as always. Already did this on page 8. But sure, if you want to be shamed again, sure. Here's you from page 8. Below is Wayne, a few hours earlier.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence, right? hahaha.

On 2/22/2018 at 8:20 PM, TakeYouToTasker said:

Finally, you don't care a whit for those 17 dead children.  If you did, you'd be interested in solving the problem that killed them.  You aren't.  You're just grateful that they died so you'd have more stacked corpses to raise your pulpit on.

'"The elites don’t care not one whit about America’s school system and school children,” he said to a favorable reception at the conservative event. “If they truly cared, what they would do is they would protect them. For them it’s not a safety issue, it’s a political issue. They care more about control and more of it, their goal is to eliminate the Second Amendment and our firearms freedoms so that they can eradicate all individual freedoms.”

http://www.newsweek.com/wayne-lapierre-nra-cpac-guns-816294

6 hours ago, LA Grant said:

I just find it amusing that you think this is the grown-up's table. Hahahaha. How do you make that conclusion, Joe? 

Are you suggesting PPP is full of thoughtful, respectful discourse, philosophically engaging in comparative arguments on the value of ideas? lol WHERE?? Every other thread is a bunch of conservative snowflakes in a bubble agreeing with each other as B-Man shares conservative memes & links from often incredibly dubious sources and the rest of you do your tired schticks to each other. There must be 200,000 posts on PPP with "Hillary" in there somewhere and that might be a conservative estimate.

Revising this previous estimate. I think it might just be 20,000 posts of LABillzFan mentioning Hillary. It's sad.

54 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

It's not 'as if.'

They simply do. They are poised and ready to take any incident and turn it into their latest effort to label groups of people as dangerous, evil,  and even murderous, and quickly dispatch their gatorman/tiberius/lagrant-like chuckleheads to Facebook to yell and scream about how the world would be a better place if only Hillary wasn't robbed of her due seat.

On the bright side, most Americans don't fall for it any more. The country sees the left for what they are, because the left is TOO quick to turn everything political. They literally moved this nation to make Donald freaking Trump our president because the thought of another leftist in charge was genuinely a worse option.

Amazing, really, when you think about it. They mock the middle of the country that elected Trump without realizing the role they played. And it was a magnificent role, really. I'm not kidding. It was huge. Biggest we've ever seen.

Bigly, even.

24 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Well, at least they come forward with the fake outrage if you call them out on it:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dare-cnns-camerota-clashes-nras-loesch-claim-media-love-mass-shootings-151738545.html

Of course, CNN staged a heavily scripted town hall (complete with plants), heavily promoted it for the better part of a week, and sold advertising because they're not trying to improve their ratings. Nah, it was all for humanitarian reasons. Handing students scripted questions to ambush that idiot Rubio was clearly to aid in the healing process...

Ah yes, here again comes the idea that these mass shootings are orchestrated media events. Plants! George Soros! Crisis Actors! Anything, anything but guns.

Edited by LA Grant

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

But you don't seem to have a problem when I...

...oh, wait.  Uninformed blowhard.  Never mind.

Point of note: England is moving to regulate and even ban the sale and possession of knives - including kitchen knives - because of the epidemic of knife fatalities.  

So no, it's not a strawman argument.  It's an actual, real thing, regulating kitchen cutlery.

Buy stock in plastic knives or napkins lol

What’s next? Envelope openers? Ice picks? Box-cutters? Razors? I suppose they never watched a movie based in prison lol. You can make a shank out of just about anything. Lol

Edited by Justice

4 hours ago, joesixpack said:

You realize, twatwaffle, that not all people who oppose gun control own guns, right? Prohibition literally never works. See: alcohol and drugs.

You realize that not all people who own guns oppose restrictions, right? Gun restrictions clearly work. See: a mountain of evidence, already posted in this thread by me, multiple times, data that's been established and available for years. You. Just. Don't. Want. To. Hear. It. 

4 hours ago, Foxx said:

some might say that the SAFE act is an infringement.

after they take away your guns, what's next, baseball bats? knives, forks , then spoons? what the hell r u going to eat with?

Another common & very lame excuse. The same stupid logic works the other way. If AR-15s can be bought as long as you're 18 w/ no convictions, why can't the same kid also buy a grenade launcher or a land mine? Why can't I bear those arms? I need them for hunting and to protect my family.

7 minutes ago, Justice said:

What’s next? Envelope openers? Ice picks? Box-cutters? Razors? I suppose they never watched a movie based in prisons lol. You can make a shank out or just about anything. Lol

See above. There's a million reasons this is incredibly stupid — go ahead and list all of the mass killings perpetrated with ice picks. Also, those other tools have other utility besides murder. Guns can't open your mail. Well, not efficiently, anyway.

Edited by LA Grant

18 minutes ago, LA Grant said:

Ah yes, here again comes the idea that these mass shootings are orchestrated media events. Plants! George Soros! Crisis Actors! Anything, anything but guns.

Orchestrated? Don't be a dumbass.

Exploited is a more accurate assessment.

7 minutes ago, LA Grant said:

Another common & very lame excuse. The same stupid logic works the other way. If AR-15s can be bought as long as you're 18 w/ no convictions, why can't the same kid also buy a grenade launcher or a land mine? Why can't I bear those arms? I need them for hunting and to protect my family.

How does one shoot a landmine?

11 minutes ago, Justice said:

What’s next? Envelope openers? Ice picks? Box-cutters? Razors? I suppose they never watched a movie based in prison lol. You can make a shank out of just about anything. Lol

Bed Bath & Beyond might have to implement background checks and a waiting period

28 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Orchestrated? Don't be a dumbass.

Exploited is a more accurate assessment.

How does one shoot a landmine?

Is a landmine not 'Arms' because it doesn't shoot? Seems like it fits the definition.

arms
ärmz/
noun
  1. 1.
    weapons and ammunition; armaments.
    "they were subjugated by force of arms"
    synonyms: weapons, weaponry, firearms, guns, ordnance, artillery, armaments, munitions, matériel

Maybe you're thinking of "firearms," which a landmine is not. But the Second Amendment quite clearly says "Arms" so land mines do fit. 

Perhaps you want to restrict the definition of "arms"? Well, that's very troubling. Tasker or other fundamentalists would tell you any restriction is the slippery slope to tyranny. But okay, let's just keep it to things that can shoot as "arms." Why can't I own a grenade launcher? A mini-gun? A fire launcher?

Do you know?

Because the answer is I could, actually. Those are legal if you really want one.

https://www.online-paralegal-programs.com/crazy-weapons-that-are-still-legal-in-the-us/

They're just a little more difficult to get than AR-15s as they require background checks & licenses & registration. Would you prefer that an 18 y/o like the Parkland shooter be able to buy one of these as easily as he did an AR-15? Or is the more logical solution to require similar background checks & licenses & registration?

EDIT — The shooting victims are exploited... by the right, who ghoulishly use the grieving to punt on the discussion, to avoid discussing solutions. When the victims who survived speak out in the way that the right doesn't want them to, then the tactics are all about discrediting them & shutting them up. Somehow the kids who were in the school being shot at are "Fake News" crisis actors, scripted, whatever InfoWars nonsense. It's perverse and horrible.

You see these exact same tactics every time the right receives a message they don't want to hear (see: player protests & liberal veterans), but because the right's base is so easily tricked, they falsely assume the rest of us don't see through that crap.
Edited by LA Grant

44 minutes ago, LA Grant said:

Way ahead of you, as always. Already did this on page 8. But sure, if you want to be shamed again, sure. Here's you from page 8. Below is Wayne, a few hours earlier.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence, right? hahaha.

'"The elites don’t care not one whit about America’s school system and school children,” he said to a favorable reception at the conservative event. “If they truly cared, what they would do is they would protect them. For them it’s not a safety issue, it’s a political issue. They care more about control and more of it, their goal is to eliminate the Second Amendment and our firearms freedoms so that they can eradicate all individual freedoms.”

LOL

That's hilarious.  You think those sentiments originated with Wayne LaPierre over the past few days?  

That's been a consistent critique of people holding your belief set for just about as long as it's been in existence.  LaPierre was echoing those sentiments as was I because it's a common and accurate argument against your position.  If you were better read, or more aware of anything outside of your neo-Marxist bubble, you'd know that already.

Good grief.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

LOL

That's hilarious.  You think those sentiments originated with Wayne LaPierre over the past few days?  

That's been a consistent critique of people holding your belief set for just about as long as it's been in existence.  LaPierre was echoing those sentiments as was I because it's a common and accurate argument against your position.  If you were better read, or more aware of anything outside of your neo-Marxist bubble, you'd know that already.

Good grief.

Mm, not quite. Sure, the sentiment of the right accusing the left of being disingenuous is "consistent" but that doesn't mean stealing the phrasing and structure isn't "plagiarism."

Look, it's not like I'm expecting you're going to admit that you've been merely parroting the NRA's position. You couldn't admit that your argument was dismantled. Hell, you can't even admit to yourself what your own position is. It's funny: the only things that bother you are the things that directly, personally affect you. You're more horrified at being called names than mass shootings because one affects you and the other doesn't. I know the word "libertarianism" sounds cool & smart but that's the core of your dumbass beliefs. 

Back to the plagiarism thing, the issue that's really got you bothered. Go ahead & show me "one whit" of evidence of that quote, that you passed off as your own thought, being used before LaPierre said it.

"Sources or GTFO."