Can NFL prospects manipulate the draft through interviews? I think Mayfield did.

YoloinOhio

If so, Baker is the true millennial jackass here. 

Despite what people perceive, the idea of putting yourself out there and being honest and open, not trying to be fake, ala Josh Rosen, that is quite the opposite of a spoiled millennial child. 

Most of those people learn, from their parents, to try and manipulate the system in some way. Lie, deceive, present yourself as something you're not. Apparently there was a little of that with Mayfield and his dad, and probably more of that here. I'm a teacher...I deal with it every day. 

I have faith that someone like Kim Pegula would be smart enough to see what a loser this guy is. It makes sense that the Jets would like him. 

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

If so, Baker is the true millennial jackass here. 

Despite what people perceive, the idea of putting yourself out there and being honest and open, not trying to be fake, ala Josh Rosen, that is quite the opposite of a spoiled millennial child. 

Most of those people learn, from their parents, to try and manipulate the system in some way. Lie, deceive, present yourself as something you're not. Apparently there was a little of that with Mayfield and his dad, and probably more of that here. I'm a teacher...I deal with it every day. 

I have faith that someone like Kim Pegula would be smart enough to see what a loser this guy is. It makes sense that the Jets would like him. 

I've thought about this as well. Not trying to be sexist, just from experience. I always try to have some women in the interview teams at my place, no matter the job. They just seem to pickup on things that men don't. It has really helped the success rate.

The problem with this theory, REX RYAN!

She was part of that process. Either they didn't consider what she said(Russ Brandon) or he is just the ultimate BS artist-which could be the case. Maybe she was just naïve. The McDermott process seems to have been better, maybe they learned.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

I've thought about this as well. Not trying to be sexist, just from experience. I always try to have some women in the interview teams at my place, no matter the job. They just seem to pickup on things that men don't. It has really helped the success rate.

The problem with this theory, REX RYAN!

She was part of that process. Either they didn't consider what she said(Russ Brandon) or he is just the ultimate BS artist-which could be the case. Maybe she was just naïve. The McDermott process seems to have been better, maybe they learned.

She might even be better with interviewing  “kids” as  she is the mom of 3, age teen to early/mid 20s... her BS meter is probably pretty decent!

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

It's potential career suicide to "tank" an interview; personnel people in the NFL DO talk to one another, and the media runs with anything they hear as well.

I think a savvy player's best course of action is to be up front with a team and say, "why would I fit here?"  Expressing interest and concern over the direction a team is headed and the head coach/GM's philosophy can't be seen as anything other than a positive, if done the right way.