LOL have you heard Mel Kiper's mock 2.0?

Just now, Buffalo30 said:

I just think Daniels ability to get to the second level is elite.  He is what teams are looking for in terms of athleticism at that position.  Wynn could play all of the positions IMO but he would probably fair the best at guard.

Agree on Wynn.  I think Daniels lacks power and I think against big powerful D tackles that can move at speed he has problems as well... you see that level of opponent very rarely in college but pretty regularly in the NFL.  I think he is a solid 2nd round prospect and he'd have a chance to compete for the job day 1 but for me there are enough deficiencies to see him as a reach at 21/22.  

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't have Price as a 1st rounder either.  Wynn I do have a 1st on but as a G/T.   

In a few of the early mocks I have seen Price going to Buffalo in the 1st. I'm hoping that's just guys being lazy and pencilling him in because of the Wood retirement.

26 minutes ago, Tsaikotic said:

if the top 4 or 5 QB's go before Bills can get one Id rather they take DT Hurst/DT Phillips and LB Evans @ 21 and 22

same here.  if we can't get a top 4 or 5 QB, take 2 D guys.  Imagine how good our secondary and overall D would be with a viable front 7.  I think we are talking top D in the league.  

That said, we then need a good FA QB, and Luke Falk in Rd. 2 or 3.  

Also for consideration, take 2 top D guys in Rd. 1, and snag L. Jackson by moving up in the 2nd if he falls, or whomever is the "next" QB on the Bills list.  

2 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

In a few of the early mocks I have seen Price going to Buffalo in the 1st. I'm hoping that's just guys being lazy and pencilling him in because of the Wood retirement.

I def. think they are being lazy.  I think Price will be a beast in the NFL, but we have Groy, so no need to go C/G in 1st.  Take the guy from Iowa, or Alabama later in the draft.  

Im not sure why all of these mocks having us taking a center early. These people must not pay enough attention to the bills to realize they really like Ryan Groy. If we take a center with one of our 2 first picks over LB, DT, CB, QB, WR ill join in killing kittens with puppies

40 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Darnold to Denver, Mayfield to Jets, Rosen to Dolphins, and the Bills take a CB and a C...

It's like they're not even trying.  I'm not in the head of the front office or coaching staff, but would think that Groy will play center.  Assuming that Groy does play center, there's no way the Bills draft a Center in the first round.  Also, cornerback?  That's just lazy.

1 minute ago, Luxy312 said:

It's like they're not even trying.  I'm not in the head of the front office or coaching staff, but would think that Groy will play center.  Assuming that Groy does play center, there's no way the Bills draft a Center in the first round.  Also, cornerback?  That's just lazy.

IMO Bills are one of the harder teams to predict, new GM, back to back picks, roster in flux, glaring hole at QB. 

If they don't trade it all to move up and get a QB I'd like an edge guy but I don't see much value at 21/22 in this class.

It is certainly possible that the Bills get shutout of the top QB prospects.  In spite of having an extra 1st and 2nd round pick, those are both bottom 1/3 of the respective rounds.  Relative to the Broncos and Jets, the Bills do not own a massive draft capital advantage that would unquestionably allow them to jump ahead of either.  It is possible that the Bills might be able to pull off a trade, but it is by no means a certainty.

3 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

IMO Bills are one of the harder teams to predict, new GM, back to back picks, roster in flux, glaring hole at QB. 

If they don't trade it all to move up and get a QB I'd like an edge guy but I don't see much value at 21/22 in this class.

Like everyone else, I'm sitting here guessing what will happen in the offseason before the draft.  Before consideration of free agency, they are woefully thin at DT.  Even if Kyle Williams comes back and lines up next to Adolphus Washington, who else is there?  If he falls to 21, Vita Vea would be huge value.  I also wouldn't be upset with DaRon Payne or even Tim Settle.  Settle is a youngster and has to grow up a bit, but he's a house.  Like you, I don't see any edge guys in that 21/22 draft pick range.

• Like (+1) 1

It makes sense but most of these mock draft don’t take into account trades because its so unpredictable.  The only way the Bills get a QB aid by trading up

13 minutes ago, Luxy312 said:

I would wait until after free agency because there’s a strong chance that 2 of the 3 teams could sign a QB.  If Denver signs Cousins there’s a very good chance they trade out of the #5 spot

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

It makes sense but most of these mock draft don’t take into account trades because its so unpredictable.  The only way the Bills get a QB aid by trading up

Do this for me.  Tell me how many times in the last 20 years that there's been 6 QB's taken in the first round, much less before pick21.  I'll give you a hint that it's NEVER HAPPENED.  Now tell me that this draft class for QB's is also projected to be "can't miss" prospects more so than any of the prior 20 drafts.  This is also not the case.  6 QB's in the first 20 picks would be unprecedented.  If this does happen, the Bills are going to get some players that should never have fallen to them where they pick.

8 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

I would wait until after free agency because there’s a strong chance that 2 of the 3 teams could sign a QB.  If Denver signs Cousins there’s a very good chance they trade out of the #5 spot

I don't disagree here at all.  Even if they don't trade out of their pick, they're not drafting QB, so the picks get pushed down.  There are many questions with free agency that I think will completely change the shape of the draft.  Cousins, Keenum, Bridgewater, Bradford,  and McCarron come to mind immediately.  Sneaky plays like Chase Daniel and others could come into play as well.  Unless he's tagged, I think Cousins obviously is the first to go.

2 minutes ago, Luxy312 said:

I don't disagree here at all.  Even if they don't trade out of their pick, they're not drafting QB, so the picks get pushed down.  There are many questions with free agency that I think will completely change the shape of the draft.  Cousins, Keenum, Bridgewater, Bradford,  and McCarron come to mind immediately.  Sneaky plays like Chase Daniel and others could come into play as well.  Unless he's tagged, I think Cousins obviously is the first to go.

Agreed, but the only FA QB on that list that I think teams will seriously think are long-term answers (ie, no need to draft a QB) is Cousins.  A team signing any of the other FA QBs would still be wise to draft a QB early.  Keenum and McCarron have limited track records of success and have always been thought of as backups - they could blossom, but they could prove to be what most always thought.  Bridgewater has serious health questions (knee) and was promising, but not great before his devastating injury.  Bradford is very good when healthy, but has a long injury history.

33 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Agree on edge value at 21 and 22. I think after Chubb and Davenport there is Arden Key who may or not be trouble and then a lot of 1st / 2nd borderline guys with not much between them who I'd feel 21 was a bit early for.