Bears Decline Option on Guard Josh Sitton

26CornerBlitz

They declinded it to save like 8 mil or something close to it

2 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Cost cutting? Age?

Weird for a team to cut a highly ranked player for any other reason then cost is too high or looking to get younger.

Edited by CDogg20

I think the Bills are in great shape on the line especially if we can move Cordy or Dawkins to RT.  We might need to draft a guard in the middle Rds to take over for Incognito in 2019 and for depth but otherwise we are in great shape.

LT Dawkins 

LG Incog

C Groy

RG MILLER 

RT CORDY

We have way to many holes at other positions to start using our assets on the oline.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I think the Bills are in great shape on the line especially if we can move Cordy or Dawkins to RT.  We might need to draft a guard in the middle Rds to take over for Incognito in 2019 and for depth but otherwise we are in great shape.

LT Dawkins 

LG Incog

C Groy

RG MILLER 

RT CORDY

We have way to many holes at other positions to start using our assets on the oline.

Why do you think Miller will start this year?

Why do you think Cordy will play RT?

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Why do you think Miller will start this year?

Why do you think Cordy will play RT?

The Bills might move away from the zone blocking scheme that Rico used last year which would make Miller back in the fold as he started in 2016 when we went with a power running game. Glenn at RT makes sense since Dawkins seemed to struggle a bit there and seemed better at LT.

7 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

LT Dawkins 

LG Incog

C Groy

RG MILLER 

RT CORDY

I disagree with this.  It would be a mistake to not address the offensive line better than that this offseason.  Miller has big question marks and Groy does too.  Just because he started a few years ago in a handful of games doesn't mean much when there is a new scheme and new coaches.  The interior of the offensive line should be addressed and Cordy needs to be healthy.  He hasn't been so who do you have behind Cordy?  That needs to be addressed as well.  Don't overlook the needs of an offensive line on a team that likes to run the ball and will likely have a rookie QB next year.  

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Why do you think Glenn wouldn't play RT?

I didn’t say he wouldn’t. I asked a question to a poster. The question was based off the poster putting Cordy at RT. 

3 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

The Bills might move away from the zone blocking scheme that Rico used last year which would make Miller back in the fold as he started in 2016 when we went with a power running game. Glenn at RT makes sense since Dawkins seemed to struggle a bit there and seemed better at LT.

The move away from zone could benefit Miller and probably Richie as well. 

I agree Dawkins looked more comfortable at LT . Why does is seem so hard to find a RT? It almost feels like you need to find a Vet that can’t play LT anymore to move over to the right side. 

20 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I didn’t say he wouldn’t. I asked a question to a poster. The question was based off the poster putting Cordy at RT. 

The move away from zone could benefit Miller and probably Richie as well. 

I agree Dawkins looked more comfortable at LT . Why does is seem so hard to find a RT? It almost feels like you need to find a Vet that can’t play LT anymore to move over to the right side. 

Forgive me for assuming; I think Glenn-to-RT makes a lot of sense given Dawkins' comfort level at LT.  I also think that moving a veteran to the opposite side is a safer bet than a young guy.

Plus, you have 2 more seasons before you can even consider giving Dawk an extension, so there's no harm in putting your most expensive tackle on the "other" side.

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Forgive me for assuming; I think Glenn-to-RT makes a lot of sense given Dawkins' comfort level at LT.  I also think that moving a veteran to the opposite side is a safer bet than a young guy.

Plus, you have 2 more seasons before you can even consider giving Dawk an extension, so there's no harm in putting your most expensive tackle on the "other" side.

You and i are on the exact same page. Do you have any question on IF Glenn will agree to play RT? I do not think it is ultimately up to him, but players have learned how to work the system. 

11 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

You and i are on the exact same page. Do you have any question on IF Glenn will agree to play RT? I do not think it is ultimately up to him, but players have learned how to work the system. 

I don't see any reason for him to refuse to be honest.  He's the 5th highest-paid OT in the NFL, and if he agrees to make the swtich, he's unlikely to be going anywhere for at least another 2 years.  In those 2 years, he'll pocket $20.5M in cash

If the team decides to move on from him at that point and sign Dawkins to a LT deal, he'll be hitting the open market at 30 years old and have 6 years of LT play to his credit.

I mean, I suppose he could argue that shifting to RT diminishes his value, but the reality of the situation is that (a) he's being paid as a LT, and (b) he'd be doing the team a solid by moving.