Ryan Shazier Wants to Come Back and Play Football

26CornerBlitz

Does anyone know if he can even walk right now?  What is the state of his recovery? 

Even if he were to recover to the point where he is capable of performing on an NFL field (I doubt that's possible) he would be insane to step foot out there. 

4 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Selfish and stupid. 

I don't agree with this.  I think it's great to have that as a goal to become 100% healthy.  It's to keep him in the right frame of mind with a positive attitude.  

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I don't agree with this.  I think it's great to have that as a goal to become 100% healthy.  It's keep him in the right fram of mind with a positive attitude.  

*I edited my post to make my point more clear.

Edited by Chicken Boo

Enjoy life after being on the field Ryan. Get a gig on NFL Network or ESPN discussing the NFL or NCAA Football somewhere. Think about your long-term health, not getting on the field. You are very fortunate. Embrace that. 

On one hand, I get the fire in him and passion to play the sport he loves and was supposed to be how he provided for him and his family and set them up for life after football.  Then on the other hand, he has to think about the risk vs reward and the danger he is more vulnerable to if he comes back.

The danger isn't just physical, its also the mental side of it too.  Its easy to sit there going through rehab and use the desire to play again as motivation and feel like you can get all the way back.  Its an entirely different animal to put those pads back on and go out on that field and not let the fear of what he went through not impact his game.  A guy playing fearful is only going to raise his injury risk.  

I just can't see someone going out there after what he went through and playing without fear or concern of it happening again.  And a guy playing tentative or in his head is only going to increase the risk of injury again.  Not to mention how his mind will respond when hard contact occurs.  

I just dont see it.  I think right now, he NEEDS this motivation to fight his way back.  But I don't think he realistically will play again if he gets all the way back physically and has to look at his family before going back out on that field. 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Must be the CTE.

No team physician will clear his spine.  

Someone needs to talk to this poor kid...

Dude just needs a goal and Nfl football is probably his most familiar goal. Odds are low he gets there but if he works like he’s trying to  get back hopefully he ends up somewhere pretty good 

• Like (+1) 3

50 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I don't agree with this.  I think it's great to have that as a goal to become 100% healthy.  It's to keep him in the right frame of mind with a positive attitude.  

100% healthy has nothing to do with returning to the NFL.  His goal should be 100% health, that's all.  He's financially set for life, he should be happy he isn't paralyzed permanently.

12 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Dude just needs a goal and Nfl football is probably his most familiar goal. Odds are low he gets there but if he works like he’s trying to  get back hopefully he ends up somewhere pretty good 

I don't think it's healthy for him to be deluded by dreams of returning to the NFL.  He needs to be redirected to being healthy in general and satisfied that he is otherwise intact.

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

100% healthy has nothing to do with returning to the NFL.  His goal should be 100% health, that's all.  He's financially set for life, he should be happy he isn't paralyzed permanently.

I don't think it's healthy for him to be deluded by dreams of returning to the NFL.  He needs to be redirected to being healthy in general and satisfied that he is otherwise intact.

You don't, but he does and that's what matters.