Interesting idea in this CBS.com Mock

JÂy RÛßeÒ

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

Nobody will say it in retrospect, but if I were given a choice between a guy with EJ's physical tools and charisma and Rudolph's mediocre at best tools and better accuracy, I'd probably rather take the EJ guy and hope he puts it together. I just think Rudolph has a very low ceiling. At best, I think he's a worse starting QB than Tyrod currently is.

Hmm.  I hope you're wrong, only because I have a guy feeling Beane likes him.  I desperately want a good QB for this team.

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think he certainly has better film than EJ. He doesn't have the physical upside that EJ did. Obviously he failed, but he was overdrafted and was really a third or fourth round pick. EJ had much higher potential with a lower floor. Rudolph is very average to below average physically but has some good college tape. If you want a solid backup he's your guy. If you want a possible high upside starter he is not. 

We we need a true franchise quarterback and that is why this guy just doesn't move the needle imo. 

You guys have me thinking I am wrong about Rudolph.

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

That's from Chris Trappasso.  He's a Bills fan from Rochester that has for whatever reason had Rudolph as his #1 overall prospect for like a year now.  He's either nuts or he's a genius.  Time will tell.  Most people have Rudolph as the #6-7 QB and not even a first rounder so take it with a grain of salt

I have him 4th and a borderline 1st rounder. I think a lot of the criticisms of him just don't stack up when you put his games on. He isn't perfect but he is better than I think some of the consensus especially on here. 

I would not trade up for Rudolph and trading up is my first preference.... but taking him at 21 I could absolutely support. Less sure on Washington. 

17 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Is he a better prospect than EJ was?  I am one that thinks Rudolph will go in the 1st.

Stick to your guns. There is plenty of good there. He is a much better passer than EJ was. 

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

This will tell us a lot about this new regime....

...how so?.....Beane sacrifices major draft capital to move up for a QB and he busts....OR...he stays put at 21/22 and drafts a QB (Rudolph has been suggested) and HE busts.....pick your poison......'''damned if he does, damned if he doesn't"......

12 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Hmm.  I hope you're wrong, only because I have a guy feeling Beane likes him.  I desperately want a good QB for this team.

You guys have me thinking I am wrong about Rudolph.

If Buffalo drafts him, I'll root like hell for him. I thought he was a really intriguing option last year when he was considering entering the draft and was viewed as a 3rd or 4th rounder. I'd still be okay taking him around that range this year, but like I said, I think he's a low-ceiling choice.

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...how so?.....Beane sacrifices major draft capital to move up for a QB and he busts....OR...he stays put at 21/22 and drafts a QB (Rudolph has been suggested) and HE busts.....pick your poison......'''damned if he does, damned if he doesn't"......

The Bills do not move up to get QBs and it is a position that honestly has not been addressed with any success since the 1983 draft (35 years). If you need a QB (we do) and you have the opportunity go get him; period. There is no need to play Williams/Mularkey/Jauron/ ball with the draft and take what is given to you. You make your own success, success in today's NFL revolves around the QB; if you have one rated highly and you have that need, make your moves and secure the guy you believe in...Rudolph is not in the top 5 QBs in this draft