Time for Bill Polian to Retire

KDIGGZ

Hall of Famer and Buffalo Bills Wall of Famer Bill Polian has been in the headlines recently for some head scratching comments.  Old Bill might be losing it and it might be best for him to call it a career.

- Bill's take on 6'3" Lamar Jackson is that he's too short to play QB:

https://deadspin.com/bill-polian-thinks-tall-person-lamar-jackson-is-too-sho-1823155003

- Bill says Nick Foles is so valuable as a backup that the Eagles shouldn't listen to any offers that don't start with 2x 1st round picks and 2x 2nd round picks:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/20/bill-polians-take-on-nick-foles-gives-the-lie-to-his-past-claims-about-tom-brady/

- Bill continues to make the claim that he was the only person that knew Tom Brady was great and had a 1st round grade on him, yet proceeded to not draft him even when he "fell" to the 6th round:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bill-polian-claims-that-he-had-a-first-round-grade-on-tom-brady-before-2000-draft/

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I remember growing up seeing reporters flock to interview Yogi Berra in the hopes that another "Yogi-ism" would be made.

I think that's what the talkshow people do now with Polian. Bring him on hoping he will say some wacky out of reality thing that helps get them clicks.

Don't forget this is also the guy that said TO and Moss weren't HoF receivers. 

10 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Wentz will be out 9-11 months - I believe the point he was trying to make is that Foles is untouchable unless they get an offer that blows them out of the water....

The others - who knows

Agreed. Might have to start week one. Wait for week 6 or 8 and rob someone.

17 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Hall of Famer and Buffalo Bills Wall of Famer Bill Polian has been in the headlines recently for some head scratching comments.  Old Bill might be losing it and it might be best for him to call it a career.

I heard the same thing on the radio here in DC region.  

I’m not sure Lamar will measure 6’3 at the combine. That said, I personally like him as a prospect and think he can play QB. But Polian just gave his opinion, unpopular as it may be. I don’t think it’s nuts though. He can’t make a living running in the nfl with his frame size. That’s a fact. He needs to be more accurate than he was in college. That’s a fact, too. He said he hopes he’s wrong and that he succeeds as an nfl qb, but he’s just giving his assessment. He thinks he would make a better WR than QB in the pros.  Others currently employed by teams may be afraid to say something like this but may have similar concerns.

3 hours ago, Sweats said:

Yeah, poor ole Bill is losing it.

...he's not the only one.....Casserly got Mario right so now he's preeminent....said on NFLN Gettleman is "wasting a pick on Rosen" because he'd sit behind Eli who has 2+ years left....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, kdiggz said:

I heard Bill Polian said same thing about you kdiggz without you getting your HoF jacket. 0:)

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, teef said:

maybe he was just super coked out.  it happens.

I've seen it.

Polian should have gone away years ago.

"Mentoring the Pegulas" was one of the most ill advised arguments many here were pounding the Table for.

Bleeechh.

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m not sure Lamar will measure 6’3 at the combine. That said, I personally like him as a prospect and think he can play QB. But Polian just gave his opinion, unpopular as it may be. I don’t think it’s nuts though. He can’t make a living running in the nfl with his frame size. That’s a fact. He needs to be more accurate than he was in college. That’s a fact, too. He said he hopes he’s wrong and that he succeeds as an nfl qb, but he’s just giving his assessment. He thinks he would make a better WR than QB in the pros.  Others currently employed by teams may be afraid to say something like this but may have similar concerns.

that is a rather dramatic statement about a highly ranked QB before the draft. Maybe 6 months ago would be less careless?
Some folks listen to Bill Polian still.

Could this affect how teams feel about drafting him? If so. Uncool trying to manipulate the consensus.

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

What makes Polian think Jackson can catch a football, let alone throw one???