Bears cut Jerrell Freeman LB

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

I'd be okay with Freeman or Brian Cushing as our new MLB over Preston. Cushing is also familiar with John Butler so there is familiarity there. And they don't count toward comp picks. 

Cushing is an injury liability. I'd like to get younger at the position, not older. 

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I'd be okay with Freeman or Brian Cushing as our new MLB over Preston. Cushing is also familiar with John Butler so there is familiarity there. And they don't count toward comp picks. 

How good will Cushing be w/o the benefit of PEDs?

25 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Why do we love old players in Buffalo? I'll never understand it.

Russ Brandon, he has warped our minds and expectations of an off season with promises of players returning to their former glory when they put on a Bills Helmet.  You don't think Cushing would be all over the promotions for season tickets if he did sign with us?  

I think sometimes people do not look to see what they were last year, just that they once were good and that is all they need, something to hope for.  

1 hour ago, ndirish1978 said:

Cushing is an injury liability. I'd like to get younger at the position, not older. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Fong said:

A 31 year old LB with two strikes? Kind of a risky pickup.

I'm thinking that a guy like Cushing or Freeman or even Derrick Johnson could be nice transitional players as a starter in front of whoever we draft. Depth or low cost starter for a year. 

Besides the suspensions, Cushing pretty much oozes process and all that stuff. Hard worker, leader etc etc. Just sayin. Plus they wouldn't count for comp picks. 

2 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22514058/chicago-bears-release-jerrell-freeman-two-seasons

looks like the injury contributed to the second suspension - so may not be a head case. If so, we shd be all over him.

Wait, the guy says he got such a serious concussion that gave him after effects for months, and whatever team picks him up will lose his services for a 10 game substance abuse suspension....and you want us to be all over him?

I can't imagine McBeane take a chance on Freeman given his suspension history, but no doubt he's an intriguing option. Maybe some other LB-needy team scoops him up and allows Buffalo to get a better option from what's otherwise pretty slim pickings in free agency this year for linebackers.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Wait, the guy says he got such a serious concussion that gave him after effects for months, and whatever team picks him up will lose his services for a 10 game substance abuse suspension....and you want us to be all over him?

He's only out for two weeks this upcoming season, but I suspect his suspension history will be enough to keep McBeane away anyways.

I want NOTHING to do with Cushing unless we pay him very little.  Dude is never healthy.  Freeman, eh.  31 years old, Good player, but he’s not very fast and coming off injuries and suspension. Similar to Cushing, no thanks, unless he’s paid little.