Bills fire Randy "Woody" Ribbeck after 35 years

45 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I have the dirt on the firing. 

He only used the word “process” 47 times a day. The requirement is 62 times a day with 10 hand clapping events daily. 

The minimum was actually 47 times a day, but do you really just want to do the minimum, Woody?  Besides, his pieces of flair sucked. 

I guess I am heartless, but I could not care less that they fired him or who they hire in his place.

I stop caring past coordinators. It's not like we know enough about them to actually have valuable opinions.

It's kind of like people getting bent out of shape when their favorite 3rd stringer gets cut. Ultimately it doesn't matter.

The absolute sandblasting and fumigation this organization should have received on Day 1 of Pegula's ownership is finally taking place.

There has been a lot of cleanup going on for a while now, including shoving Russ Brandon into a tightly defined business/marketing box where he belongs.

As I've been saying for about a year now, it hasn't looked this good at 1 Bills Drive for a generation.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Hemet said:

Someone was oggling Mrs. Pegula methinks

Got to be more discreet about it sir

Her nickname at Pegula Entertainment is The Black Widow. Really!

35 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Wonder why they couldn't just let him retire.

because they did not want to give him a pension. Don't worry he will end up getting a nice settlement after the "process"

Edited by Jamie Muellers Ghost

I remember Woody from the late 80's when i had a small part-time job at the stadium.  Dude was always running around.  Nice guy as i recall and super hard worker.  I'm sure like everything they want to get younger, smarter, more efficient-at doing things the way they are done in 2018.   Who knows...

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

I remember Woody from the late 80's when i had a small part-time job at the stadium.  Dude was always running around.  Nice guy as i recall and super hard worker.  I'm sure like everything they want to get younger, smarter, more efficient-at doing things the way they are done in 2018.   Who knows...

Rumor is Woody was talking with McDermott about keeping track of equipment and getting more organized.    McDermott asked to see Woody's spreadsheet.

Woody came back with a bedsheet.

McDermott perplexed, cocked his head and assumed a look of (seriously WTF?) on his face.

Firing the long time assistant equipment manager?  It seems like a gratuitous move.  Was he late removing a tee after a kick off? Did he not have enough experience folding laundry after 35 years?

Of course, McCoach fired the team chaplain . . . so I suppose he will fire just about everyone.

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I get it that he was an old and valued employee, but after 35 years it's not uncommon for even a good employee to

1) lose a step in energy and enthusiasm

2) be "stuck" in an old way of doing things, maybe out-of-touch with the latest developments in the field, and maybe unwilling to change

Yup...he must have refused to participate in the Tide Pod challenge and that was it for McD

1 hour ago, PolishDave said:

Rumor is Woody was talking with McDermott about keeping track of equipment and getting more organized.    McDermott asked to see Woody's spreadsheet.

Woody came back with a bedsheet.

McDermott perplexed, cocked his head and assumed a look of (seriously WTF?) on his face.

Hahahaha

• Haha (+1) 1

IF it was for leaking information it is justified up to and including trying to deny any pension.

We do not know reason for firing (firing means he is entitled to unemployment rather than just retiring unless it was for cause).  I do not believe staff are guaranteed salary unlike some of the coaches who were fired (Ronnie Jones, Rex) who got salary for not working.

Anyone know about "Minor Pro Football Hall of Fame"?  He was inducted into it a few years ago.  I am assuming it is for staff type positions - trainers, doctors, equipment managers, towel boys like Leroi, etc?

I will miss Randy Ribbeck. I actually didn't even know his name until today. It was comforting seeing him at camp year after year. He gave me a sense of continuity. Come to think of it he's the only Bills staff at camp who does anything besides stand around during practice. They will probably need two people to replace him, at least during camp practices.

Obviously I have no idea why they fired him. But I will say it is just plain stupid to say he was the source of some kind of leaks. 

The so called big "leaks" of the past have been stuff that could only have been known by Pegula, Whaley, Brandon, and the head coach. Unless they just blab and blab like idiots which you never know. So let's not blame the equipment guy, 

So lets stop with the stupid stuff about this man being fired for being a leaker which y'all just made up on the spot in case anyone didn't know you were prone to saying stupid and mean things when a man is down. Now we know.

I have no information why he was fired. But the way the world works most of the time says he was fired because he is getting older and statistically is more likely for some kind of ailment that will could put him out of commission for a month or two. Also he is not beholden to the new regime. Control freaks like to have hired everybody. That way everybody is in their debt and also is the "type" of person who they want around. Last , 50% chance the job will go to a friend of McD or Bean's like they did when they got rid of Byrd and hired the guy McD went to high school with.

Those are the everyday reasons things happen in every business every day. And that is probably all this is.

Edited by BadLandsMeanie