Bold Combine Predictions

I've got one for you: Taven Bryan of Florida will be talked about as a potential top-15 pick after his workouts.

Scouts will see a guy whose frame can handle the weight of an interior player and an athlete with the athletic traits required to wreak havoc on the EDGE.

• Like (+1) 2

My prediction is that someone who does not deserve it will be pushed up the draft board because that could run faster and jump higher that folks thought while wearing shorts.  If they let players play in shorts that these pieces of information would be interesting.  We'll also see that Mayfield is shorter than his program height and that will scare some folks when it should not.  

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

I've got one for you: Taven Bryan of Florida will be talked about as a potential top-15 pick after his workouts.

Scouts will see a guy whose frame can handle the weight of an interior player and an athlete with the athletic traits required to wreak havoc on the EDGE.

I think him and Tim Settle will leave the scouts drooling from workouts.

8 minutes ago, VirginiaMike said:

My prediction is that someone who does not deserve it will be pushed up the draft board because that could run faster and jump higher that folks thought while wearing shorts.  If they let players play in shorts that these pieces of information would be interesting.  We'll also see that Mayfield is shorter than his program height and that will scare some folks when it should not.  

I think he was measured at the Senior Bowl @ 6' 3/8".

He gets into his late 50's, he might drop under 6' but probably will have retired by then.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

i hate when guys get drafted because of their combine workout.  yet when they put the pads on they stink.  combine should just be another tool used to evaluate in addition to tape, interviews, meetings, measurements, etc

I feel the combine should only be useful when trying to determine which of 2 or more closely rated prospects you should take. In no way should any player dramtically move up or down a draft oard based on the ocmbine.

As you said a tool in addition to

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’ll say Vea moves into the top 10. 

STOP IT.  we want him at 21! 

But i agree with you.  He will confirm to teams that he is a "dancing bear" on the D-line.  

15 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Rich Eisen will twist an ankle. 

Josh Allen will show the arm everyone thinks he has and will get serious conversation as #1. (accuracy pending) 

There will be one person severely over-drafted because of the combine. I think maybe Donte Jackson of LSU.

I think you are spot on.  And I think Allen's arm talent will cause him to be picked higher than he should.  

4 hours ago, kdiggz said:

i hate when guys get drafted because of their combine workout.  yet when they put the pads on they stink.  combine should just be another tool used to evaluate in addition to tape, interviews, meetings, measurements, etc

Agree.

Except for 40 times, I think most everything else is overrated.