NFL Sunday Ticket Price Increase for 2018

26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, Buftex said:

Have to wonder if the traditional "I'm going to cancel my DTV unless I get a discount on the Ticket" hurts things as well...I would guess that plays a bigger role than protests.

It pushes me over budget and I don’t know if I can afford to have NFL ticket.   

Close enought to saying cancel my ticket.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, nucci said:

Well, we're football fans here so we like to watch......football. I watch Bills, redzone channel and any game that has a close finish

You know, I don't have Direct TV, or the ticket, though I suscribe to Game Pass every year, since they have offered it, I think. I do get the Red Zone, and the rare week that the Bills aren't playing at noon, I have tuned in to watch the Red Zone in liu of the Bills...I don't care how much action, I find it a miserable way to watch football...what am I missing? Maybe I am just too old...  I know people who only watch the NFL via the Red Zone...if I had grown up watching the NFL like this, I don't think I would care one way or another about it.  Is it just a Fantasy Football thing?

Edited by Buftex

2 hours ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

Dale Jr. isn't racing anymore. That's a major chunk of "bandwagon" type NASCAR fans that aren't watching anymore. It's like golf without Tiger. Or what the ratings drop will look like in New England markets when Tom and Bill are gone.

Are you trying to say that nearly 1 out of 4 NASCAR fans were Dale Jr. fans and also 100% of those Dale Jr. fans quit watching entirely because he retired? 

8 hours ago, Buftex said:

You know, I don't have Direct TV, or the ticket, though I suscribe to Game Pass every year, since they have offered it, I think. I do get the Red Zone, and the rare week that the Bills aren't playing at noon, I have tuned in to watch the Red Zone in liu of the Bills...I don't care how much action, I find it a miserable way to watch football...what am I missing? Maybe I am just too old...  I know people who only watch the NFL via the Red Zone...if I had grown up watching the NFL like this, I don't think I would care one way or another about it.  Is it just a Fantasy Football thing?

Just a different way to watch...not really for fantasy but it's called red zone because they try to go to games where teams are in scoring range so it may be more exciting

• Like (+1) 1

On February 20, 2018 at 8:30 AM, Captainrc4 said:

I am not shocked at all. Thanks to AT&T and NFL greed they are increasing the prices. They lost a lot of viewers this past season with all the protesting that went on and now they need to recoup some of that money. 

I highly doubt they lost viewership due to protests.

I wish people would stop bringing this myth up.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, JM57 said:

Are you trying to say that nearly 1 out of 4 NASCAR fans were Dale Jr. fans and also 100% of those Dale Jr. fans quit watching entirely because he retired? 

You'd be surprised.

I wasn't necessarily disagreeing with the point you made, but there's certainly other factors involved in the ratings drops. In the NFL, the anthem protest had an effect. The election had an effect. More and more people watching via overseas streams had an effect. 

As for NASCAR and Dale Jr fans, his retirement definitely had an effect. To what extent, I'm not sure. 

I was at the Daytona 500 last year (I'm usually at the track at least once a year), and as soon as Dale wrecked and was out of the race, a mass exodus ensued, and well more than half of the stands emptied. That says something, and I would say relates to the ratings last Sunday.

• 3 weeks later...

fyi.  i just called to do the song and dance and at&t will happily disconnect your account.  been there 10 years.  was offered $10 a month and free hbo for 6 months.  tried 2 different reps.  

guess ill have to look into bundling my spectrum internet

Edited by May Day 10

21 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

fyi.  i just called to do the song and dance and at&t will happily disconnect your account.  been there 10 years.  was offered $10 a month and free hbo for 6 months.  tried 2 different reps.  

guess ill have to look into bundling my spectrum internet

Did you talk to someone in another country or someone who speaks proper English? I've found if you can get connected to their English speaking people they are much more generous 

39 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Did you talk to someone in another country or someone who speaks proper English? I've found if you can get connected to their English speaking people they are much more generous 

yes.  both spoke english.  it felt like the retention discounts of the past are done and the party is over

Edited by May Day 10

On 2/20/2018 at 8:26 AM, 26CornerBlitz said:

DirecTV Raises Price for NFL Sunday Ticket

Being a hard-core NFL fan is getting more expensive.

DirecTV is raising prices on its NFL Sunday Ticket package, which is the only way to watch every NFL game. The retail price will reach an all-time high of $293.94 in 2018, with the package that includes Red Zone Channel increasing to $395.95.

Many subscribers don’t pay full price, as DirecTV often offers discounts to entice new subscribers, or to convince current subscribers to renew. But the base price of the package is higher than ever.

..smart move in a DOWN market......NFL is quickly becoming NASCAR........

On 2/20/2018 at 8:46 AM, CajunBillsBacker said:

So about $18 per game. That’s not too bad considering before Sunday Ticket I used to drop about $50 a game at the sports bar with overpriced beer and mediocre bar food.

I drive about 8 miles to the Clubhouse Race Book in Albany.  I pay $1 to get in & get my own TV.  Some times I bet the horses as well while I'm there so at times I get paid & also get to watch the Bills game & other times the game can get very expensive.  

• Haha (+1) 1

On 2/20/2018 at 8:35 AM, Plano said:

good thing I can get it streaming for $40 total for the entire season.

Please share how to do that? I'm tired of the expense, had the ticket for about 15 years, strongly thinking of bagging it.

Thank you