NFL Sunday Ticket Price Increase for 2018

26CornerBlitz

DirecTV Raises Price for NFL Sunday Ticket

Being a hard-core NFL fan is getting more expensive.

DirecTV is raising prices on its NFL Sunday Ticket package, which is the only way to watch every NFL game. The retail price will reach an all-time high of $293.94 in 2018, with the package that includes Red Zone Channel increasing to $395.95.

Many subscribers don’t pay full price, as DirecTV often offers discounts to entice new subscribers, or to convince current subscribers to renew. But the base price of the package is higher than ever.

1 minute ago, Captainrc4 said:

I am not shocked at all. Thanks to AT&T and NFL greed they are increasing the prices. They lost a lot of viewers this past season with all the protesting that went on and now they need to recoup some of that money. 

Yet Fox just paid a lot of money for Thursday games. This increase is ridiculous. Having said that, I call every year and get enough discounts to offset the cost

Just now, nucci said:

Yet Fox just paid a lot of money for Thursday games. This increase is ridiculous. Having said that, I call every year and get enough discounts to offset the cost

Agreed and so do it. Sometimes, I cancel my account and whomever name was on the account between my wife and I, the other person gets the name on the account since they will be considered "new customer"

1 minute ago, Plano said:

good thing I can get it streaming for $40 total for the entire season.

The thing I hate about streaming is you can only stream on one equipment, unless that has changed

15 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

DirecTV is raising prices on its NFL Sunday Ticket package, which is the only way to watch every NFL game. The retail price will reach an all-time high of $293.94 in 2018, with the package that includes Red Zone Channel increasing to $395.95.

Many subscribers don’t pay full price, as DirecTV often offers discounts to entice new subscribers, or to convince current subscribers to renew. But the base price of the package is higher than ever.

So about $18 per game. That’s not too bad considering before Sunday Ticket I used to drop about $50 a game at the sports bar with overpriced beer and mediocre bar food.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If they only knew how much we would actually pay here in CBus to not have to watch the Browns every week. This is a bargain!

So was paying a flat fee of $100 up front last season.  

I expect the same this season.  

You just need to call them and ask for Customer Retention and bargain for a good deal.   

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

I wonder what the price for streaming will be this year. We usually do it through PS4 and pay about 240ish? I'd have to look.

That's what I'm wondering. I think I paid $100 last year through a friend's college e-mail. If I have to pay anywhere near $400, there's no chance I'm getting it this year.

47 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

And this is what the Boycott that was called causes. When contract are already signed snd checks already cut to the NFL and ratings and advertising revenue drop for the person carrying the product. Prices increase. 

9 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

That's what I'm wondering. I think I paid $100 last year through a friend's college e-mail. If I have to pay anywhere near $400, there's no chance I'm getting it this year.

Even the $400 package can be "lowered" if you call.  That package includes a number of extra perks if you are into watching what they offer beyond a special RedZone package  (the RedZone channel is part of the $100 pay up front price) 

Not to be rude, but if a call to save $ is beyond you, you deserve to get hosed with an increase.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

Pay for 5 boxes during season ?    My friend has a similar setup to watch all the games at once 

Honestly going to have the boxes year round, I added the regional sports networks. $14 a month, pick up a ton of baseball. Being a degenerate gambler its worth it to me

• Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Even the $400 package can be "lowered" if you call.  That package includes a number of extra perks if you are into watching what they offer beyond a special RedZone package  (the RedZone channel is part of the $100 pay up front price) 

Not to be rude, but if a call to save $ is beyond you, you deserve to get hosed with an increase.  

Does calling work even if you're not actually a DirecTV customer? I've just bought the Sunday Ticket Streaming service in the past.