NFL Network to replay Snow Game

JÂy RÛßeÒ

Is this a “get off my lawn” contest or something?

Why is it so impossible to fathom that some people had a fantastic time while experiencing one of the more unique home games in the history of the franchise?

Why is it also so hard to fathom that some people go to the games for the camaraderie, the tailgate routine and the experience of just being there?

Yeah X’s and O’s are cool, but in my opinion not the be all, end all of how I enjoy home games. 

I like quirks. I like the unexpected. I like CFL football and classic 1-0 NHL goaltender duels. 

You guys still wanna hang

onto and carry on about Joe Webb and botched play call months after the fact, then have at it. Not gonna prevent me from hanging onto a great memory that I shared with a some of my closest friends.

• Like (+1) 3

44 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Is this a “get off my lawn” contest or something?

Why is it so impossible to fathom that some people had a fantastic time while experiencing one of the more unique home games in the history of the franchise?

Why is it also so hard to fathom that some people go to the games for the camaraderie, the tailgate routine and the experience of just being there?

Yeah X’s and O’s are cool, but in my opinion not the be all, end all of how I enjoy home games. 

I like quirks. I like the unexpected. I like CFL football and classic 1-0 NHL goaltender duels. 

You guys still wanna hang

onto and carry on about Joe Webb and botched play call months after the fact, then have at it. Not gonna prevent me from hanging onto a great memory that I shared with a some of my closest friends.

well if this is directed at me you totally got the wrong feel off of what I said...... as I also said i'm gonna dvr it and probably be able to enjoy it more knowing now it got us into the playoffs and we won. as a spectator on a couch watching it unfold live that doesn't mean it wasn't horribly frustrating. it friggin was, man. 

believe me. I thoroughly enjoyed the season from start to finish. 15 hour drive after a loss in j-ville be damned. LOL. I bought in at 5-2. I held on hope going into arrowhead when McDermott made the switch back and then again going into week 17 and all the way down to duval county. I live in the moment. I don't do the whole "i'm not buying in yet" BS... and that made this season the most enjoyable one ive ever had as an invested adult in the franchise.

I made 5 games this year. that one didn't happen to be one of them and its bittersweet because 2 of my best buddies basically sum it up as saying it was totally awesome but they really don't care to ever deal with it again. 

for me i'd have to say the most perfect experience I've had weather-wise so far was in 16 vs the steelers. obviously the outcome sucked but it was just the most awesome dry snowfall all day to tailgate and watch a game in. the stadium looked so crisp that day. really cool.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

I gotcha Stank, no worries man.

Just humorous to me some of the “yeah buts”.

Same type of people that like to point out, for example, that wrestling is fake. Or watch a superhero movie and say things like “psh that couldn’t really happen”.

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You are the most obsessed person when it comes to Tyrod Taylor, by far. You just have to bring him up in conversation when he's not even relevant. Just amazing. :doh:

Well you got that he is not even relevant right. Haha, I just LOLed when you said it was the funnest game you watched and it didn't include your boy.

9 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Watching right now the decision to punt on 4th and 1 with 4:13 left in OT.

Still one of the worst coaching decisions in the annals of the NFL. 

You realize we won, right? 

The call worked. I'd rather have a coach that makes the right decisions based on all factors including playing backups and historic snow conditions than blindly following your coaching decisions flowchart.

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

The call worked. I'd rather have a coach that makes the right decisions based on all factors including playing backups and historic snow conditions than blindly following your coaching decisions flowchart.

lol classic results-oriented thinking. 

23 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Sean McDermott was quoted saying that he made the call, because he didn't want to lose, and was ok with tying this game. He got lucky that Indy wasn't able to move on the following drive, and that the colts had an incomplete pass, which stopped the clock. Just because they won, doesn't mean it was the right call. When they finally got the ball back, it was 20 yards lost from where the ball previously was, and half the time left on the clock to score.

7 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

Sean McDermott was quoted saying that he made the call, because he didn't want to lose, and was ok with tying this game. He got lucky that Indy wasn't able to move on the following drive, and that the colts had an incomplete pass, which stopped the clock. Just because they won, doesn't mean it was the right call. When they finally got the ball back, it was 20 yards lost from where the ball previously was, and half the time left on the clock to score.

We won.  Good call. There are no style points in coaching decisions. They're good if they work and bad if they don't.  Its not that complicated.

Edited by reddogblitz

2 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

We won.  Good call. There are no style points in coaching decisions.

Its not about style points. Its about the odds of winning. You have a better chance at winning, when you keep the ball on 4th and 1, with that much time left, then when you willingly give the ball to the other team.

1 minute ago, wagon127 said:

Its not about style points. Its about the odds of winning. You have a better chance at winning, when you keep the ball on 4th and 1, with that much time left, then when you willingly give the ball to the other team.

With that decision, the odds of winning that game was 100%.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

We won.  Good call. There are no style points in coaching decisions. They're good if they work and bad if they don't.  Its not that complicated.

Im not sure why I’m always shocked at how absolutely clueless some supposed football fans are. 

But hey, you be you. 

1 hour ago, Domdab99 said:

Im not sure why I’m always shocked at how absolutely clueless some supposed football fans are. 

But hey, you be you. 

Whatever pal. I'm certainly not going to be you.

All this stats and big data analysis has made some of y'all clueless  What other teams have done against other teams over the last X years has ZERO impact on how 1 play is gonna go.   Its like making your roulette bet by looking at the last 20 winning numbers

Again, I'll take a coach that makes his decisions based on game conditions and how his team is playing as opposed to one blindly following the Domdab99 flow chart. AND it worked AND we won AND made the playoffs. Good call coach.

Its hard to argue with results, but you will anyway.

Edited by reddogblitz