and Newton #2... 15th overall

Last year he had

Quarterbacks

1. Mitchell Trubisky, North Carolina
2. Patrick Mahomes, Texas Tech
3. Deshaun Watson, Clemson
4. Nathan Peterman, Pitt
5. DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame

So he had the top 3 right,  but Kizer was drafted in the 2nd and then 3 other QB before Peterman in the 5th.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Last year he had

Quarterbacks

1. Mitchell Trubisky, North Carolina
2. Patrick Mahomes, Texas Tech
3. Deshaun Watson, Clemson
4. Nathan Peterman, Pitt
5. DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame

So he had the top 3 right,  but Kizer was drafted in the 2nd and then 3 other QB before Peterman in the 5th.

I woulda flipped kizer and Peterman. Kizer is just in a **** spot

also woulda moved Watson to #1 on mine over Trubisky and Mahomes... 

still not sold on Mahomes... never liked air raid QBs

Mayock is your boy. 

Forget Kiper he's a trainwreck.

2016 Mock Drafter

Walter Football 81
Draftsite.com 76
Rob Rang 64
Chris Burke 62
Mel Kiper/Todd McShay 60
Sporting News 55
Dan Brugler 52

The clear champion from 2016 was Mike Mayock, who pulled a Usain Bolt on the rest of the mock drafters and totally ran away from the field. He racked up more than 50% more points than his next closest competitor, which, to my surprise, was Walter Football. Mayock was correct on eight of the first 12 picks, which was almost twice as many as Kiper and McShay had in their entire first round mock.

Here's a link to Mayocks latest.   The best anyone can do right now is rank positional players, we still have free agency and draft day moves based on need obviously disrupt everything.    This is interesting though:   https://www.sbnation.com/2018/2/15/17016560/mike-mayock-positional-rankings-2018-nfl-draft-sam-darnold-josh-allen-josh-rosen

Edited by Da webster guy
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I would love to have Kiper's top 10 QB off his big board for the last 6 or 7 years and compare to

1) actual draft order

2) actual NFL performance

You bring da data and I can bring da compare

Say 2010-2016, you can skip 2013

There is always a way cuz Google is your friend 

https://www.reddit.com/r/NFL_Draft/comments/3jj606/mel_kipers_first_2016_big_board/

https://fansided.com/2014/06/10/2015-nfl-draft-mel-kipers-top-10-qb-prospects/

https://fansided.com/2013/09/12/mel-kiper-jr-2014-big-board-jadeveon-clowney-rated-best-player-draft/

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

I don't think many people understand that Mel Kiper's job isn't to guess which team players go to in mock drafts. He watches endless film on players, and by film I mean he goes through every college game that kid plays since his first start and gives them a # from 1-100, then ranks them how they should be choosen. Mayock is getting real good but Kiper is still the best in the business.

26 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Mayock is your boy. 

Forget Kiper he's a trainwreck.

2016 Mock Drafter

Walter Football 81
Draftsite.com 76
Rob Rang 64
Chris Burke 62
Mel Kiper/Todd McShay 60
Sporting News 55
Dan Brugler 52

The clear champion from 2016 was Mike Mayock, who pulled a Usain Bolt on the rest of the mock drafters and totally ran away from the field. He racked up more than 50% more points than his next closest competitor, which, to my surprise, was Walter Football. Mayock was correct on eight of the first 12 picks, which was almost twice as many as Kiper and McShay had in their entire first round mock.

Here's a link to Mayocks latest.   The best anyone can do right now is rank positional players, we still have free agency and draft day moves based on need obviously disrupt everything.    This is interesting though:   https://www.sbnation.com/2018/2/15/17016560/mike-mayock-positional-rankings-2018-nfl-draft-sam-darnold-josh-allen-josh-rosen

Unfortunately none of this actually determines how good the player will actually be and whether it was a wise choice for the team to actually draft him.

34 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Alas, not quite the sought gouge - looking for final not first, and position rankings not overall "big board". But the 2014 is fun with Bridgewater as the #1 QB.

And thanks so much for trying!

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Alas, not quite the sought gouge - looking for final not first, and position rankings not overall "big board". But the 2014 is fun with Bridgewater as the #1 QB.

And thanks so much for trying!

I am not gonna lie I was a huge fan of Bridgewater throughout his Louisville years. The kid was special

I felt he really needed to go to the right spot to maximize his potential though and I'm not sure Minnesota was the place

hed be a good dome QB IMO

He had literally the worst pro day I've ever seen out of a top prospect. I was in awe, not in a good way

it was so off I tried rationalizing that he did it purposely so he wouldn't be drafted high to a crap team lol

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I am not gonna lie I was a huge fan of Bridgewater throughout his Louisville years. The kid was special

I felt he really needed to go to the right spot to maximize his potential though and I'm not sure Minnesota was the place

hed be a good dome QB IMO

He had literally the worst pro day I've ever seen out of a top prospect. I was in awe, not in a good way

it was so off I tried rationalizing that he did it purposely so he wouldn't be drafted high to a crap team lol

That was such a strange draft year.  Right now two QB drafted in the 2nd (Garappolo and Carr) are by performance, arguably ahead of any QB drafted in the 1st that year.

Between Bridgewater, Bortles, and Manziel I would take Bridgewater. 

Why is Minn. not the right place?  They do have that dome.....