Round 2 Pick 24: Harrison Phillips, DT, Stanford 

B) TRADE UP TO #3

Give up

Round 1 Pick 21 (21) (BUF),

Round 1 Pick 22 (22) (BUF),

Round 2 Pick 21 (53) (BUF),

Round 2 Pick 24 (56) (BUF),

2019 Round 1 Pick (BUF)

Draft either Darnold\Rosen\Mayfield (whoever tickles your fancy)

C) TRADE BACK from 22 & DRAFT A QB

Round 1 Pick 21: Vita Vea, DT, Washington 

Round 1 Pick 30 (MINN): Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville 

Round 2 Pick 21: Kolton Miller, OT, UCLA

Round 2 Pick 24: Sony Michel, RB, Georgia

Round 2 Pick 30 (MINN): Leighton Vander Esch, ILB, Boise State

D) STAY PUT AND DRAFT BQBA

Round 1 Pick 21: Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State

Round 1 Pick 22: Billy Price, C/OG, Ohio State

Round 2 Pick 21: DaShawn Hand, DE, Alabama

Round 2 Pick 24: Dorance Armstrong Jr., DE/OLB, Kansas

*obviously there is more to consider here like FA but it’s assumed here that Tyrod is gone. 

I'd give up our entire draft just to choose a franchise QB who we can have for 12 years not 5 years. I just want this team to actually hit on that position in the draft. Cousins is a fine QB but it makes me weary that Washington had him in house and didn't think enough of him to resign him to a big deal and Snyder loves blowing his money on players. This isn't just one you can chalk up as poor management, there have been several talking heads who say they wouldn't shell out big bucks for him.

Don't like any of your scenarios or draft choices within the various options.

I voted "B" however.

People need to tune into the fact that Cousins just isn't that good.  

This forum grossly overrates his abilities, probably b/c most Bills fans aren't watching a lot of Skins games.

• Like (+1) 2

For anyone still thinking the Bills have a chance to sign Cousins, the Jets have over double the cap space of the Bills. Not going to happen. The Jets will give Cousins an offer he can't refuse.

That leaves the Broncos, Cardinals and Bills in the running for Rosen, Allen and Jackson (assuming the Browns take Mayfield and the Giants take Darnold). There's probably a good chance that either the Broncos or Cardinals go the free agent QB or in a trade to get their starting QB (Keenum, McCarron, Foles, Bridgewater). The Bills have a great shot to get one of the top QBs.

As very good as everyone thinks this QB class is, there are a lot of serious question marks with each first round QB prospect. I can see a scenario of Allen or Rosen (or both) fall to the Bills at #21. Once the slide starts happening, teams get very nervous to be the one to take a shot on that player. They see all the other teams shying away and think there's a real reason why no ones taking them. With Rosen it's the attitude and concussions, with Allen it's his actual play on the field that's being questioned. What about Lamar Jackson? He's a rare talent and he lights up the field and who will probably be there for them at #21.

Edited by 1billsfan

Why are we getting a QB in all of these scenarios and in most of them avoiding assets to surround the QB with?  No wide receivers???  I think you that is too much defense for my taste in a year where we are expected to get a QB.  Getting a QB and then avoiding the other needs on offense is setting the QB up for failure.  

35 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Why are we getting a QB in all of these scenarios and in most of them avoiding assets to surround the QB with?  No wide receivers???  I think you that is too much defense for my taste in a year where we are expected to get a QB.  Getting a QB and then avoiding the other needs on offense is setting the QB up for failure.  

I was picking BPA

2 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

I think it's bc there just isn't much wr talent in this draft.  Some better free agent options.  Like maybe Paul Richardson. Loaded at rb though.

Edited by DallasMac

12 hours ago, Bakin said:

A) SIGN COUSINS & STAY PUT

Round 1 Pick 21: Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan

Round 1 Pick 22: Tremaine Edmunds, OLB, Virginia Tech

Round 2 Pick 21: Ronald Jones II, RB, Southern California

Round 2 Pick 24: Harrison Phillips, DT, Stanford 

B) TRADE UP TO #3

Give up

Round 1 Pick 21 (21) (BUF),

Round 1 Pick 22 (22) (BUF),

Round 2 Pick 21 (53) (BUF),

Round 2 Pick 24 (56) (BUF),

2019 Round 1 Pick (BUF)

Draft either Darnold\Rosen\Mayfield (whoever tickles your fancy)

C) TRADE BACK from 22 & DRAFT A QB

Round 1 Pick 21: Vita Vea, DT, Washington 

Round 1 Pick 30 (MINN): Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville 

Round 2 Pick 21: Kolton Miller, OT, UCLA

Round 2 Pick 24: Sony Michel, RB, Georgia

Round 2 Pick 30 (MINN): Leighton Vander Esch, ILB, Boise State

D) STAY PUT AND DRAFT BQBA

Round 1 Pick 21: Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State

Round 1 Pick 22: Billy Price, C/OG, Ohio State

Round 2 Pick 21: DaShawn Hand, DE, Alabama

Round 2 Pick 24: Dorance Armstrong Jr., DE/OLB, Kansas

*obviously there is more to consider here like FA but it’s assumed here that Tyrod is gone. 

No disrepsect, but I don’t like any of these.  And the trade compensation to get to 3 is way way way over exaggerated.  Not a chance it will take 3 first rounders and 2 second rounders, nor would Beane ever pay that.  

Of all the choices here, Cousins route would be best, but i don’t like who you are mocking as our picks.  I would go Payne/Vita at DT instead then also grab Evans or Edmonds if Evans is gone.  Could also use one of the picks on OL here too

I went with C but have problems with every scenario.

A. I've seen Cousins play and always thought he was average. Average shouldn't cost you 30 million per year. I also don't believe that Edmunds will be available at @22 and don't think Phillips will be there that late in the 2nd round.

B. 3 Firsts and 2 seconds doesn't sound like something McBeane would do.

C. I chose this but doubt Vea, Michel or Vander Esch will be there when we pick.

D. Most likely scenario IMO

Edited by frostbitmic