Terry and Kim, I implore you to make this man rich, and he will reciprocate.

Kelsos cap

19 minutes ago, Kelsos cap said:

I will wait and see. You also seem like a good and rational guy. Go Bills!!! I’m 44 iwant winning and offense! Lol

I’m new, I don’t know how to respond individually, and never look for altercation. But if anyone would like to educate me, I would appreciate it.

Just hit the quote button on a post and it'll populate the post you're responding to.

McD made it to the playoffs with a no name defense and a QB that threw for under 200 yards 8 times - twice under 100 yards - and did not have a 300 yard game.  He sent clear messages that if you aren't pulling your weight - you will be gone and he sent some of those players packing.  He's a little maniac fireball that's not playing around.  He's a demanding coach that the players respect and respond to.  We had no business being in the playoffs yet we were there.  Let's let this little psycho build the team with players he wants and let his defense win games.  

2 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Just hit the quote button on a post and it'll populate the post you're responding to.

McD made it to the playoffs with a no name defense and a QB that threw for under 200 yards 8 times - twice under 100 yards - and did not have a 300 yard game.  He sent clear messages that if you aren't pulling your weight - you will be gone and he sent some of those players packing.  He's a little maniac fireball that's not playing around.  He's a demanding coach that the players respect and respond to.  We had no business being in the playoffs yet we were there.  Let's let this little psycho build the team with players he wants and let his defense win games.  

I like mcD. But I feel they chase rainbows without the qb I think they need a new approach. Whaley did his best to build for his era or time. But it remains the same, qb or bust.

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If this guy is such a offensive "fix it all",why isn't he hired by just maybe even a college team? A offense should be unpredictable....really? Chuck Knoll said that when he had Bradshaw,Harris,Blier,Stallworth,Swann and also had Ham,Lambert,Greene,Greenwood,Blount on defense.That guy is WAY to hyper for one and I doubt he's ever played the game outside of Pop Warner. He sounds like a Wall St. broker

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

Absolutely!! Ya mean the guy that called into Sal’s show and talked about how to make the team better? I think it was Chuck from Cheektowaga. Hire him now. 

I’ve obsevered for years, you’ve definitely cleared up that your a doushebag 

13 minutes ago, Kelsos cap said:

I like mcD. But I feel they chase rainbows without the qb I think they need a new approach. Whaley did his best to build for his era or time. But it remains the same, qb or bust.

But you haven't seen what they'll do at QB.  They inherited TT and they're already scoring points in my book by clearly wanting to get away from him.  

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Warren Sharp

People who don't like my Tyrod and McD takes won't like this.:lol:

Analyst says that McD with his WR personnel decisions and then Dennison with predictable and ill conceived play calls hamstrung the offense and made very poor use of Tyrod Taylor.   Used the obvious example of the Eagles catering their offense to Foles.

According to him.......after a pass with no gain on 1st down the Bills ran the ball 82% of the time(versus 50% league average) and were then only successful 13% of the time(versus 28% league average).:doh:

And when asked to explain why they made the playoffs........the answer was because of turnover differential.    Pointed out that teams win about 80% of the time if they win the turnover differential.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Warren Sharp

People who don't like my Tyrod and McD takes won't like this.:lol:

Analyst says that McD with his WR personnel decisions and then Dennison with predictable and ill conceived play calls hamstrung the offense and made very poor use of Tyrod Taylor.   Used the obvious example of the Eagles catering their offense to Foles.

According to him.......after a pass with no gain on 1st down the Bills ran the ball 82% of the time(versus 50% league average) and were then only successful 13% of the time(versus 28% league average).:doh:

And when asked to explain why they made the playoffs........the answer was because of turnover differential.    Pointed out that teams win about 80% of the time if they win the turnover differential.

The guy stated the obvious,we all watched the games this past season..but he didn't say anything about Taylor not viewing the entire field when he had open receivers..he also neglected to comment on key drops by Jones and Clay in vital situations.The list goes on...

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

The guy stated the obvious,we all watched the games this past season..but he didn't say anything about Taylor not viewing the entire field when he had open receivers..he also neglected to comment on key drops by Jones and Clay in vital situations.The list goes on...

The point was clear........the Bills put Tyrod in position to fail.

He wasn't a good fit in that style of offense, with poor receiving personnel and the type of play calling that was used was egregiously poor for a team that was trying to score points(which in fairness, they quite often WERE NOT trying to do when they had leads).

Sal didn't like that opinion, you could tell.......but Sal also never thought Foles could win a playoff game, let alone the SB versus NE,  either........and he felt that way, like many other people paid for their opinions,  because Foles had been awful in a system that he wasn't comfortable in in St. Louis.

26 minutes ago, Kelsos cap said:

Because of the caveman way of your thinking. He’ll get there, and you’ll question yourself, smart guy 

Nah...numbers are numbers..it takes talent and execution to win...the guy was playing armchair QB  and most likely didn't watch our team play week in and week out.The first time our astronauts landed on the moon..NASA saw flaws and corrected them before the next launch...but those people were engineers and mechanical gurus...this guy is a stat man..using a computerized breakdown

Edited by Misterbluesky

I'm listening now.  The guy has his own stats website; he's all about analytics. 

Of note:

Bills called a run play 82% of the time on 2nd and 10 last year, which was the 2nd most in the league.  The league average was only 54%.

The idea (of the Bills) was to run the ball on 2nd down and not get a first down, but get enough yards to make it 3rd and manageable.

We were successful on only 13% of those 2nd down run plays.  We averaged 3.4 yards per carry on those 2nd and 10 run plays.

His analysis/model suggests we need to do more PASSING on 2nd and 10.  Passing on 2nd and 10 is significantly more efficient and effective than running.  Success rate league wide on 2nd down with a pass is over 50%, whereas a run is only successful 22% of the time(I believe he said).

This is the sort of stuff he was talking about. 

He's basically saying that we had the wrong tendency and could have given ourselves a better chance of success had we understood the data as he has presented it. 

I.E., McD is a dummy.

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The point was clear........the Bills put Tyrod in position to fail.

He wasn't a good fit in that style of offense, with poor receiving personnel and the type of play calling that was used was egregiously poor for a team that was trying to score points(which in fairness, they quite often WERE NOT trying to do when they had leads).

Sal didn't like that opinion, you could tell.......but Sal also never thought Foles could win a playoff game, let alone the SB versus NE,  either........and he felt that way, like many other people paid for their opinions,  because Foles had been awful in a system that he wasn't comfortable in in St. Louis.

So it's all moot now because we have a new OC. Ok..then don't B word if Taylor is our starter again next September.

4 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I'm listening now.  The guy has his own stats website; he's all about analytics. 

Of note:

Bills called a run play 82% of the time on 2nd and 10 last year, which was the 2nd most in the league.  The league average was only 54%.

The idea (of the Bills) was to run the ball on 2nd down and not get a first down, but get enough yards to make it 3rd and manageable.

We were successful on only 13% of those 2nd down run plays.  We averaged 3.4 yards per carry on those 2nd and 10 run plays.

His analysis/model suggests we need to do more PASSING on 2nd and 10.  Passing on 2nd and 10 is significantly more efficient and effective than running.  Success rate league wide on 2nd down with a pass is over 50%, whereas a run is only successful 22% of the time(I believe he said).

This is the sort of stuff he was talking about. 

He's basically saying that we had the wrong tendency and could have given ourselves a better chance of success had we understood the data as he has presented it. 

I.E., McD is a dummy.

Or......McD replaced the dummy. I like it better that way. I’ll sleep better, and I need my sleep. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1