The Bills NEED to go all in on getting Saquan Barkley

SAFTB

Some posts bring out the worst side of my sarcasm. This would be one of those posts. In an effort to overcome that tendancy, I'll simply ask:

1. What makes you think this way? Are you just counter-culture at heart?

2. Knowing QB is the glaring need and considering this franchise has historically drafted RBs in years we didn't need one and still needed a QB, again, what makes a person come to this conclusion?

I'm earnestly trying to understand your train of thought.

• Like (+1) 1

When you have a unsettled QB situation you need to address that before going up for a !@#$ing running back. Even if the team landed Kirk Cousins and had their picks freed up to spend on other positions I would rather draft a pass rusher and DT in round 1 and then go after offensive players in rounds 2 and 3. 

6 hours ago, Playoffs? said:

Guessing an Ohio State fan?

Does it matter? It doesn’t have anything to do with Ohio State. Unless I’m offending the likes of Curtis Enis and Kijana Carter ... or you want to go back 35 years...he’s obviously the best RB to come out of penn State, but the bar wasn’t high.

Edited by YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

Some posts bring out the worst side of my sarcasm. This would be one of those posts. In an effort to overcome that tendancy, I'll simply ask:

1. What makes you think this way? Are you just counter-culture at heart?

2. Knowing QB is the glaring need and considering this franchise has historically drafted RBs in years we didn't need one and still needed a QB, again, what makes a person come to this conclusion?

I'm earnestly trying to understand your train of thought.

I cant speak for the OP, but to be fair, Barkley has the look and feel of a generational talent.  So not surprising some people might covet him around here, his tape might be the most impressive I have ever seen since Bo Jackson or Barry Sanders coming out of college.  

Adding to that, there is more than one way to get our QB this year.  For instance, they could sign Cousins in which they dont need to draft a QB.  Or they go sign someone like AJ or one of the Vikes to battle it out with TT perhaps, or just give them the job all together and get rid of TT...then again look to add a talent like Barkley.

To be clear, there is a ZERO percent chance Barkley will be a Bill next year.  Just providing scenarios that might give someone the hope it could happen, even though its still unrealistic.  Beane wont make the trade up that big to get anything other than a QB, and also, I strongly feel Barkley is going #1 overall to Cleveland anyway where they will take either Allen, Rosen, or Darnold at #4...and IMO thats exactly what they should do.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

17 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

Wonder what it would take for the browns to move up to number 2 from their 4 spot? Imagine that happens.. 

A 2nd (which they have 3) and a 4th (which they have 2) and something else.

The something else could be DeShone Kizer.  After Cleveland eats 1.2 million of signing bonus he would only cost the Giants less than a million per year.

Maybe the Giants and Eli can help "fix" Kizer.

If the Giants go QB or just don't want Kizer, Cleveland has a lot of young high draft pick talent for the Giants to look at OR throw in another 4th-5th draft pick.

Cleveland has enough capital to do what they want.  Dorsey can really change things on Lake Erie.

Cleveland has 20 draft picks still on their team from the last 2 drafts.

They got 12 picks this year.  They need talent and experienced vets (which is hard for them to acquire in FA), not more draft picks.

That's why I don't see them trading down.

I do however see them as a trading partner for experienced vets with some contract remaining.

The Bills could trade with them for some picks to use to move up for a QB.

7 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

A 2nd (which they have 3) and a 4th (which they have 2) and something else.

The something else could be DeShone Kizer.  After Cleveland eats 1.2 million of signing bonus he would only cost the Giants less than a million per year.

Maybe the Giants and Eli can help "fix" Kizer.

If the Giants go QB or just don't want Kizer, Cleveland has a lot of young high draft pick talent for the Giants to look at OR throw in another 4th-5th draft pick.

Cleveland has enough capital to do what they want.  Dorsey can really change things on Lake Erie.

Cleveland has 20 draft picks still on their team from the last 2 drafts.

They got 12 picks this year.  They need talent and experienced vets (which is hard for them to acquire in FA), not more draft picks.

That's why I don't see them trading down.

I do however see them as a trading partner for experienced vets with some contract remaining.

The Bills could trade with them for some picks to use to move up for a QB.

I mean if they really wanted to get their QB and Barkley, I'd do it. It's a cheap price for getting your Franchise QB and a stud talent in Barkley. 

I also know several Giants fans personally that like Kizer a lot. They probably would love a trade involving picks(if they get to move to 4th with the trade) and Kizer.

9 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

I mean if they really wanted to get their QB and Barkley, I'd do it. It's a cheap price for getting your Franchise QB and a stud talent in Barkley. 

I also know several Giants fans personally that like Kizer a lot. They probably would love a trade involving picks(if they get to move to 4th with the trade) and Kizer.

If I was Dorsey I would do it.

I would also look for a vet QB with 1 year left on his contract to trade for...................I got someone in mind.

11 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I would also look for a vet QB with 1 year left on his contract to trade for...................I got someone in mind.

Dorsey might be able to move up even cheaper than your projection but from his point of view it is correct to secure Barkley and his top rated QB.

23 hours ago, SAFTB said:

All this QB talk is great but the safest pick, and the best pick in this draft is Penn State running back Saquan Barkley. I've watched him throughout college and he will be one of the BEST running backs to play this game when all is said and done. The things he does on the field is jaw dropping and off the field he's a stand up guy.

Trade McCoy to get rid of that contract AND to get younger AND better. Trade up to #2 and get the future Hall of Famer and build around him.

Sign a QB like Bradford, draft a QB in the 2nd round and let him sit a year to learn. 

This will get us on the path of winning consistently 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0VALn4r8mg

To bad they can't categorize posts.  Stuff like this should have a separate category of "little to know knowledge of football"

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

I think I know someone as well. Their biggest issue was INT's in the redzone and leading the league in INTs. This someone isn't apt to throwing many INTs. 

It seems like a match to me. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffaloflash said:

Nah....That idea suck,why not try to separate one of those Eagles QB?

I would do that too...

but that would cost all (most) your draft picks......two firsts and a third......and then you would still need to pay them +$25 mil or more

my plan...pay cousins $30 mil and keep your picks......we have way to many needs besides QB

15 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I cant speak for the OP, but to be fair, Barkley has the look and feel of a generational talent.  So not surprising some people might covet him around here, his tape might be the most impressive I have ever seen since Bo Jackson or Barry Sanders coming out of college.  

That is high praise. Personally I don't have him quite graded as high as I had Zeke. He is a cut above the other 1st round backs we have seen in recent years though... Gurley, Fournette, Cook, Gordon etc...

4 hours ago, papazoid said:

I would do that too...

but that would cost all (most) your draft picks......two firsts and a third......and then you would still need to pay them +$25 mil or more

my plan...pay cousins $30 mil and keep your picks......we have way to many needs besides QB

Yeah I hear you, maybe it's me,I just don't see Cousins like that.

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

That is high praise. Personally I don't have him quite graded as high as I had Zeke. He is a cut above the other 1st round backs we have seen in recent years though... Gurley, Fournette, Cook, Gordon etc...

I had Zeke up there too in that regard like you.  I will admit, I actually like Barkely as a prospect even a bit more than I liked Zeke, but like I said, I felt Zeke was a sensational RB prospect coming out too.  

Just when I watch the tape on Barkley I am just left with amazement.  I feel like he is a more explosive and shiftier back than Zeke.  He has that ability to stop and cut on a dime like Barry Sanders had, and to do it with not only speed, but also power.  

Its college tape though, nothing matters other than what the kid does in the NFL, but you can put me down as a big believer in him having the potential to be really special in the NFL.  

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I had Zeke up there too in that regard like you.  I will admit, I actually like Barkely as a prospect even a bit more than I liked Zeke, but like I said, I felt Zeke was a sensational RB prospect coming out too.  

Just when I watch the tape on Barkley I am just left with amazement.  I feel like he is a more explosive and shiftier back than Zeke.  He has that ability to stop and cut on a dime like Barry Sanders had, and to do it with not only speed, but also power.  

Its college tape though, nothing matters other than what the kid does in the NFL, but you can put me down as a big believer in him having the potential to be really special in the NFL.  

That is fair. I think Barkley can be special too. I was just a bit higher on Zeke.... though ironically I actually thought the Cowboys should have picked Jalen Ramsey (who has the highest grade of anyone in the years I have been doing it) at #4..... but it has worked out for Dallas and Jacksonville so no sure either would do it any differently.