The Bills NEED to go all in on getting Saquan Barkley

SAFTB

5 hours ago, SAFTB said:

All this QB talk is great but the safest pick, and the best pick in this draft is Penn State running back Saquan Barkley. I've watched him throughout college and he will be one of the BEST running backs to play this game when all is said and done. The things he does on the field is jaw dropping and off the field he's a stand up guy.

Trade McCoy to get rid of that contract AND to get younger AND better. Trade up to #2 and get the future Hall of Famer and build around him.

Sign a QB like Bradford, draft a QB in the 2nd round and let him sit a year to learn. 

This will get us on the path of winning consistently 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0VALn4r8mg

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

Barkley is going to go #1 overall most likely and Cleveland isn’t trading that pick, then they will grab Allen or another QB at 4.  So I don’t think we could trade up for him even if we wanted to.  

Barkley is a rare generational talent IMO.  I think he has a strong chance to become one of the best RBs in the NFL for the next decade, if not the best.

But, we need a QB if we trade up, can’t give up the assets to get anything other than a QB.  Plus, this draft is deep at RB and I actually do expect a RB to be drafted at some point personally given McCoys age and cost.  I think it’s going to be someone like Penny though between rounds 3 and 4.

We have too many holes to trade a ton of picks to get a RB instead of a QB. 

Although, I would love it if Bills signed Cousins then landed Barkley in a trade up :) even though i think there is almost no chance of that happening lol

22 minutes ago, njbuff said:

How about no on going all in for Barkley.

i agree that the Bills might draft a RB high because RB2 is one major weakness on this club. And none of us should complain if the Bills take a RB high.

We need an upgrade from mike Tolbert. Which shouldn’t be hard to do through free agency 

11 hours ago, SAFTB said:

All this QB talk is great but the safest pick, and the best pick in this draft is Penn State running back Saquan Barkley. I've watched him throughout college and he will be one of the BEST running backs to play this game when all is said and done. The things he does on the field is jaw dropping and off the field he's a stand up guy.

Trade McCoy to get rid of that contract AND to get younger AND better. Trade up to #2 and get the future Hall of Famer and build around him.

Sign a QB like Bradford, draft a QB in the 2nd round and let him sit a year to learn. 

This will get us on the path of winning consistently 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0VALn4r8mg

it's easier to learn while playing....there's nothing wrong with McCoy's contract

33 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Trading up two firsts for a RB is something Nix might do and even Whaley would only do that for a WR. 

When did Nix do anything like that? He didn't. Pretty much what he did was build a terrific defense, but not ever get a good QB or successor at GM.

Anyway, while getting an RB early can be sensible in a few situations, we aren't in any of those kinds of spots. And trading up to do so ... insane in any situation at this point. I think this guy was doing a pretty solid job of trolling. Lots of takers, including me, really.

Edited by Thurman#1

He is a faster version of Zeke, but you don't sell the farm for a RB. Shady, who has proven to be one of the better RB's of his generation, was a 2nd Round pick. If you are at the top and have your QB already then by all means take Barkley. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

When did Nix do anything like that? He didn't. Pretty much what he did was build a terrific defense, but not ever get a good QB or successor at GM.

Anyway, while getting an RB early can be sensible in a few situations, we aren't in any of those kinds of spots. And trading up to do so ... insane in any situation at this point. I think this guy was doing a pretty solid job of trolling. Lots of takers, including me, really.

Yep, I was just trolling with that Nix comment trading up for a RB. It was Wilson who loved drafting RB's.

However, Nix did trade up in the 2012 NFL draft to get WR TJ Graham in the third round #69th pick and then boasted "see, I do trade up".

Meanwhile, Nix missed on QB Russell Wilson in the third round #75 and QB Nick Foles in the third round #88th pick. Ty Hilton went in the third round #92 pick and finally, QB Kirk Cousins was a fourth rounder #102 pick.

If Nix knew what he was doing the Bills would have been better than 4-12, 6-10, 6-10 and no defense under Nix did better than 14th in 2011. His defenses might have had decent talent but they were in the 20's stat wise. 

2 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

Trading up two firsts for a RB is something Nix might do and even Whaley would only do that for a WR. 

the Browns smartest move of the last twenty years was getting their first back from the Colts. 

1 hour ago, H2o said:

He is a faster version of Zeke, but you don't sell the farm for a RB. Shady, who has proven to be one of the better RB's of his generation, was a 2nd Round pick. If you are at the top and have your QB already then by all means take Barkley. 

Well said, he could take the Giants to Super Bowl contention (assuming OBJ is back). You take impact players at the beginning of the draft and Barkley is one. His versatile skill set will impact the outcome of games.

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Unfortunately they used it to draft Johnny manziel 

Comeback sZn!!