The Bills NEED to go all in on getting Saquan Barkley

SAFTB

9 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

CJ Spiller says hello

Apples and oranges. Barkley can do it all. Best running back to come out of penn state. I watched every game he played in. He’s an absolute freak of nature. He will be a game changer in the nfl. Just saying... 

How many teams had Fournette as the best RB? Before he even played one game the Jags fans must have been wondering why they didn't take Kareem Hunt after his Thursday night showing. 

Using a high pick on a RB is a luxury the Bills can't afford. I want Guice as much as any other none QB but I'd probably smash my tv if they picked him.

9 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

I am not questioning that. I am saying that we have taken a RB high before. Without a decent QB, it goes nowhere. Even Fournette couldn't carry the Jags with Bortles playing like crap.

While the Bills shouldn’t trade up for a RB with their current needs it isn’t a terrible idea for the right teams. Zeke, Gurley and Fournette all went high and totally transformed their teams. This isn’t a decade ago when Spiller went. The pendulum is swinging back. Barkley is really going to change an offense, just not ours.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

While the Bills shouldn’t trade up for a RB with their current needs it isn’t a terrible idea for the right teams. Zeke, Gurley and Fournette all went high and totally transformed their teams. This isn’t a decade ago when Spiller went. The pendulum is swinging back. Barkley is really going to change an offense, just not ours.

Offensive lines change RBs, not vice versa. A good RB can always be found later. That doesn't mean teams a tthe top of the draft should pass up Barkley. He is a stud. But the Bills have a lot of needs and backup RB (And even good starting RBs) can be found in rounds 3 and 4. . 

18 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

I am not questioning that. I am saying that we have taken a RB high before. Without a decent QB, it goes nowhere. Even Fournette couldn't carry the Jags with Bortles playing like crap.

OK.  I see.  Yes, I agree.  As much as I like Barkley, we need a young top QB.  I agree with you.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Offensive lines change RBs, not vice versa. A good RB can always be found later. That doesn't mean teams a tthe top of the draft should pass up Barkley. He is a stud. But the Bills have a lot of needs and backup RB (And even good starting RBs) can be found in rounds 3 and 4. . 

We disagree there. The Cowboys has a great line, added Zeke and had homefield advantage. He’s suspended for half of the year and they are out of the playoffs. Fournette goes to the Jags and they go from 3-13 to a score from the Super Bowl. Gurley was in contention for the MVP of the league on a team that went from the 1st pick to division champs. While I agree that you can find quality RBs throughout the draft the stars are going early again. It’s working for the teams that are taking them.

We really need to stop looking at 10 years ago when analyzing this stuff. The NFL is constantly in flux. This has only been 2 or 3 years but it isn’t a trend that is changing. The top guys are back in the top 5.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

53 minutes ago, SAFTB said:

All this QB talk is great but the safest pick, and the best pick in this draft is Penn State running back Saquan Barkley. I've watched him throughout college and he will be one of the BEST running backs to play this game when all is said and done. The things he does on the field is jaw dropping and off the field he's a stand up guy.

Trade McCoy to get rid of that contract AND to get younger AND better. Trade up to #2 and get the future Hall of Famer and build around him.

Sign a QB like Bradford, draft a QB in the 2nd round and let him sit a year to learn. 

This will get us on the path of winning consistently 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0VALn4r8mg

:Sigh Christ Almighty. When is mini camp?

41 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Barkley is the best player in the draft no doubt, but when does having the best RB win you games? Lol nice try though

Jacksonville? 

Seattle? 

Vikings for like 5-10 years?

Paired with an elite defense you can can do ok. A safe qb like taylor isn’t terrible for that. Won’t win the super bowl often though and is definitely the exception and not the rule 

18 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

And that said - I really do believe getting a second tier guy on day two (not waiting til day 3) would be a great investment. Someone that can reliably spell shady would be huge. And lays the groundwork for when shady is gone or falls apart.