Now they like Josh Allen in Trade Up?

PIZ

Relax guys, Mel Kiper has Allen going #1 overall to the Browns. Todd McShay has the top 4 QBs going in the top six in this draft and states he think the top four will all be good NFL starters. Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Allen.

So, unless the Bills can move up into the top four, #3 Colts, #4 Browns they will miss out on one of those top four guys because if they don't trade up the QB needy Broncos are sitting at #5 and the NY Jets at #6. 

EDIT, Oh BTW Arizona is also looking to draft a QB at the #15 spot so perhaps the Bills FO thinks one of those top four will fall past The Browns, The Giants, The Broncos, The Jets, and Buffalo moves up to beat out The Cardinals.

Get ready for Mason Rudolph or Lamar Jackson and if those are the choices at 21,22 I'd say wait until round two and draft luke Faulk or later for Mike White.

Edited by Nihilarian

2 hours ago, BuffAlone said:

Wow, im surprised they didn't even scout White. Not sure why they wouldn't have....

I think they're methodical.  The first question for them to answer is: do you like any of the "Big Dogs" enough to really strategize how you might to move up for them?

This is the question to address first, because it's going to take some groundwork.  In addition, while Beane is presumably going to want to see the potential 1st and 2nd round picks for himself, at some point in the later rounds he has to trust the evaluations of his scouting staff.

47 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

People still believe everything they read before the draft?  ??‍♂️ 

Isn't the truth?  It cracks me up when Kiper, McShay, etc. post another mock draft when there's no reason why it should've changed from the last one.

10 minutes ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Isn't the truth?  It cracks me up when Kiper, McShay, etc. post another mock draft when there's no reason why it should've changed from the last one.

And people get violently abusive on here over mock drafts.  It’s truly pathetic. 

28 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

awful ?  he is a huge arm.  He may have accuracy issues but he is not awful 

Who cares that he has a big arm? JaMarcus Russell and EJ Manuel had big arms too. O, and they both put up great numbers in the SEC and ACC.

Allen couldn’t even cut it at Wyoming playing against weak competition.

Just say no to Josh Allen. He will be out of the league in 3 years.

It's "throw crap at the wall and see what sticks" time of year. This Allbright dude gets quoted a lot but I've yet to see any of his "scoops" turn out to be true or even in the same ballpark as true. 

And I'm pretty sure the Bills have scouted just about every draft eligible QB for this year, Allen included. They were in on him earlier than most teams just like they were the first pro team to send scouts to go see Wentz while he was still at ND State. 

All sorts of things are gonna be thrown around between now and the draft. I still maintain that in order for them to make a massive leap up the board it's gonna have to be a ridiculously good deal. They aren't gonna sell out all of their draft capital and pull a Ditka. And they aren't gonna go ham in free agency and sign a ton of top tier free agents, they don't have the cap space. I just feel like it's going to be pretty tough for them to pull off a major trade to get their guy. It could happen, I mean, they have been stockpiling picks but if the cost of moving up equals both first round picks, one the twos, something from next year, when you factor in the players they traded to acquire said picks, the deal could potentially look like four or five picks, some which were gained via trading Watkins, Darby and Dareus, and while they got Gaines and Matthews in return, let's say those dudes don't re-sign here, so if you string it out like that it could look like, "Bills give up two first round picks, two second round picks and a sixth (players lost to gain picks equal Watkins, Darby, Dareus, Gaines and Matthews) for unknown QB commodity who might be good...someday." Kind of an oddball way to look at it but if they do make a trade, someone will figure it all out and find out just exactly what was lost versus what's being gained. 

2 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

Relax guys, Mel Kiper has Allen going #1 overall to the Browns. Todd McShay has the top 4 QBs going in the top six in this draft and states he think the top four will all be good NFL starters. Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Allen.

So, unless the Bills can move up into the top four, #3 Colts, #4 Browns they will miss out on one of those top four guys because if they don't trade up the QB needy Broncos are sitting at #5 and the NY Jets at #6. 

EDIT, Oh BTW Arizona is also looking to draft a QB at the #15 spot so perhaps the Bills FO thinks one of those top four will fall past The Browns, The Giants, The Broncos, The Jets, and Buffalo moves up to beat out The Cardinals.

Get ready for Mason Rudolph or Lamar Jackson and if those are the choices at 21,22 I'd say wait until round two and draft luke Faulk or later for Mike White.

I wouldn't trust anything Todd Mcshay says about QBs. Does the name Jevan Snead ring a bell?

McBoob

Is there some sort of reward system or something I'm missing for starting threads? I never used to care but as of late I feel like I read this exact same link in one of the other 10 threads it's being discussed yesterday. Today, it has it's own thread with the same arguments that in the end no one will know anyway. I mean I guess whatever floats your boat.. but holy cow!!

4 hours ago, PIZ said:

Sure Why Not. Draft Em All.

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

?

they scouted 0.0 of his games this season

http://billsmafia.com/2018/01/27/bills-scouting-scouts-winter-edition/

So we are going after Allen , White and Lauletta :D

4 hours ago, Buftex said:

If they cant get Rosen, Mayfield or Darnold, I really hope they stay put in the first round.

Or trade back.

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

?

they scouted 0.0 of his games this season

http://billsmafia.com/2018/01/27/bills-scouting-scouts-winter-edition/

I don't understand this spreadsheet since there are no column headings.  What does 48 over 4 mean? What are the last 2 columns?  Why is Tyrod's height and weight shown? What is the color coding?

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, #34fan said:

Eeeeeee.... Josh Allen reminds me SO MUCH of Ryan Leaf... 

Except Allen doesn't seem to be a headcase like Leaf.

Allen has a heck of a ceiling, and looks like the most physically gifted guy in the draft.

He also needs a ton of work.

Will the fan-base be okay with drafting a guy who needs 1-2 years on the bench?