Now they like Josh Allen in Trade Up?

PIZ

3 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

We all have our opinions on who we like the most. That said, whoever the Bills get, if they do get somebody, and it's high, I hope the fan base will be supportive early. 

The only scenario I won’t support is if they keep Tyrod. I’m open for anyone else

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

We all have our opinions on who we like the most. That said, whoever the Bills get, if they do get somebody, and it's high, I hope the fan base will be supportive early. 

Same. I watch a ton of cfb but I’m not a scout and don’t pretend to be. I don’t watch film, grade players, or have a “board.” I’m just a fan. Beane and his scouts have had zero QBs and drafts to judge this far. I have no reason not to trust their evaluation until I’m given a reason not to. 

There is only ONE quarterback that I hope the Bills don't pick in this draft.

Josh Allen.

Losman/Manuel all over again. Big arm, good build, awful accuracy.

Just say no to Josh Allen.

Edited by Logic
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, offyourocker said:

That would seriously depress me.  Ryan Leaf

Not even close to the same type of prospect as Ryan Leaf. Not saying Allen  is gonna be great but his bust/boom doesn't rely on whether he will work hard (he will) or whether he will do a bunch of drugs like Leaf.

55 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

Agreed.

I also hope that if it's apparent that the chosen one isn't going to make it after 2+ years, the usual suspects aren't crying that he just needs more time.

20 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

I saw it, but not from the 49ers perspective.  That's interesting.  I'd love to get a QB at 9 and still have our 2nd and 3rd round picks.  Would 21 and 22 be enough to get pick 9?

Obviously, the Bills are working to cover all their bases.  They want to learn what it will take to move up.  I take Beane at his word when he talks about valuing draft picks.  I suspect that if all teams want from the Bills is draft picks,  Beane will be less inclined to move up.  If he can throw in a player like Glenn, he might be more interested in moving up because he'd have to sacrifice less in the way of draft picks.  If the price is too high for Beane,  can also see him passing on a trade and picking a QB wherever he thinks the value is right, be it at #21 or #22, or later on in the draft.  Only one thing is certain.  The Bills will have opinions and contingencies throughout the draft.  No matter what happens, Beane wants to make the choices that are best for the Bills, and does not want to be caught off guard without knowing wt to do.

56 minutes ago, Logic said:

There is only ONE quarterback that I hope the Bills don't pick in this draft.

Josh Allen.

Losman/Manuel all over again. Big arm, good build, awful accuracy.

Just say no to Josh Allen.

I tend to agree. I’m not pretending to be an expert, but I saw him one hop a bubble screen in the first game I saw him. It just brought on EJ flashbacks giving me bad dreams! Now, I will saw his upside looks much greater than EJ’s.  He CAN look great at times, where I thought EJ just looked serviceable at best. I’m surprised how high the talking heads have him.

I’m glad putting food on the table for my family doesn’t depend on making the right call here.