Bills Salary cap discussions

MAJBobby

Nice break down, thank you. If the Bills want to move on from Glenn then they need to trade him post June 1st. His contract has the biggest swing and most glaring disparage  from a trade as opposed to a cut. 

Tyrod, Hughes, Lorenzo, and Richie have similar savings be it cut or traded. I would like to see Richie and Lorenzo brought back. 

I would look for Beane to make another trade similar to the Watkins deal with Glenn in August as teams see  needs. A healthy Glenn displayed during some preseason games could bring back a nice player and high pick. I feel like the Bills have been able to find left tackles but struggling to fill the RT. Mills started to come on and Henderson might finally be back to playing form. Henderson would be a good swing tackle if healthy. Dawkins did very good for a rookie and I can see him becoming the LT. 

Hughes traded after June 1st would be a good savings. Hopefully Beane can find a defensive scheme similar to the one Schwartz runs with a team that has cap space and needs a pass rusher.

Tyrod needs to be cut or traded pre March 16th or post June 1st. 

1 hour ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I have the Bills moving on from all of them except Hughes. Bills looking at taking a few steps back in  2018, but a big 2019. 

Get your QB this year. Let him take his lumps and learn. 2019 we surround him with talent. 

...think you can get your QB this year AND begin to surround him with talent......finish up in 2019....wouldn't surprise me one bit if McBeane is working with a two year window......he may already have his staff analyzing 2019 collegian possibilities as well as NFL list of upper echelon UFA's..........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

25 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Dumping Richie would be absolutely assinine.

...doubly asinine....he still is a force on the left side and watching him pull remains a thing of beauty.....he's on the books for $6.4 mil in 2018.....remember everybody screaming about possibly paying Levitre $8 mil back in 2012?.......hell I'd extend Richie for one more year....BTW, EVERY holding call against him has been bogus.....damn zebras need to understand that sometime your opposition needs to be "momentarily detained" which is FAR different than holding IMO.........:thumbsup:.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

If they trade up and take a qb in round one they can start free agency with around 45 million by cutting Glenn, taylor and wood.  Personally I would not be in a rush to cut glenn ,

Granted they should spend 5-7 on somekind of vet qb weather it be Derek Anderson , Matt Moore , ect.   That would leave around 40 million to buy some players

Corner, linebacker , D tackle would be my personal choice..  Then hit the draft and lets see what happens.

With wood gone I can not see them cutting Richie and If Kyle doesn't comeback I think Alexander stays, Although in  a different role.  Special teams and pass rusher playing in conjunction with Lawson