Rumor: Shady on the Trade Block

1 hour ago, Ittakestime said:

Just his social media. All about the 10k chase. Don't think he said anything about playoffs until we actually got in. 

I see where you’re coming from with that situation. But, there was an article written several months ago about Sammy’s time here. They interviewed him and he said when he came out to the media and stated he needed more targets. The next offensive meeting they had Shady handed him a Manila envelope with shooting targets in it, and told him “we heard you needed more targets.” 

I think he is team first, but also isn’t shy about promoting his brand. 

This website is obviously bogus but I heard the Bills really are asking for a 1st or 2nd for McCoy and a 3rd for Glenn. They almost had a deal worked out last year for Glenn but it was nixed by McD . They are asking a lot for Tyrod based on his low salary but I doubt they get it. They are also shopping Lawson but I didn't hear how much they are asking. At least Beane is doing his due diligence and being proactive even if he doesn't find any takers. At least teams will know the Bills are open for business.

Hopefully somehow this can result in a top 5 pick in the draft where we can get one of the top 3 QB's. This is the year to make some moves.

4 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

It's not exactly written in English either.

I had no issues reading it.... fwiw

Even still,  I'd hardly take some missed punctuation as a sign that a trade is inimant..

2 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

so this is just some bogus spam article because it includes a 2017 pick.....right? could someone explain the validity or lack thereof of this?

Correctamundo! 

At this point it's yesterday's news, which, ironically was dated today when it was featured and laughed at in its very own thread yesterday!

Not you, but some of these threads and topics...

What's in the water around here lately? Season just ended and the new one already can't start soon enough! Smh

Look... At 30 years old this is the time to trade him. I think he is still worth a late third round

and this is the year we are rebuilding the team around who ever our QB is going to be.

6 Picks in 3 rounds would Address  OL, DT, True ILB, CB, C and then get running back in 4th round/FA and get QB in FA. same with WR.

I would have no problem letting him go. I Thank him for what he did here since he has been here but this is the NFL.. Not For Long.

4 hours ago, Steptide said:

Nobody thought we'd trade Watkins. We did. I 100% can see beane trading Mccoy, as much as I don't want that to happen. 

Big difference though. Shady is beloved by the entire fanbase, while Sammy was not. I don't know if Pegs would sign off on trading him.

6 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

What if Shady were part of a package to trade up with the Browns, who also need a running back? Browns draft 1st and 4th. If we wait until 21st, who will be left?

I would trade him to the browns no question.

I don't get theses other posters saying he is untouchable and should retire a Bill? He's a RB , which is easily replaceable, and only been here 3 years , they act like he's Fred  or Thurman.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

According to thebuffalofanatics Instagram page - the Bills are shopping LeSean McCoy. They claim they "dug deep" and "spoke to a source close to the situation".

I don't buy it. At his age and contract number, the return would be minimal for our best player on Offense. But a lot of people take them with their close to 50k followers as gospel.

If they did move him, I would be furious. I think it would be a terrible decision. What say you?

If we get a 2 would u be furious? Not me. 

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I would trade him to the browns no question.

I don't get theses other posters saying he is untouchable and should retire a Bill? He's a RB , which is easily replaceable, and only been here 3 years , they act like he's Fred  or Thurman.

Neither of whom retired as Buffalo Bills (one day contract not withstanding).

Trading him makes perfect sense for where the Bills are, as a team, right now.

I don't think Beane wants to build a team that has to rely on 50+ yard field goals, lucky INTs and limps backwards into the playoffs every year.

The Bills have a lot of needs and trading McCoy will help that situation, as well as make the Bills younger.

For the record - I'm a huge McCoy fan.  I loved when we got him and he's been one of my favorite Bills since he's been on the team.  Sometimes, it just makes sense to let someone go while you can get something for him.  Just as Bill Belichick.

• Like (+1) 3

14 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

The process is about to die with this move.

The Watkins trade and passing on Watson/Mahomes was pretty stupid as well. 

We got lucky It was fake news.

That Watson/Mahomes botch might cost us for years if we dont grab one of the top QBs this year tho.

55 minutes ago, H2o said:

McCoy isn't going anywhere. They are just looking for click bait. It's not being reported by a single reliable outlet. 

This.