Benjamin Allbright - Bills Calling Around Looking for A Top 10 Pick

sven233

8 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

I want us to get to no worse than 3 probably #2. I've identified 3 QBs (as others have) who will be successes (Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield). The other guys are more of the project type. These guys can get it done in the NFL.

Josh Rosen is my #1 target, I want the best passer in the draft.

You should let the NFL GMs know who you’ve identified as successes!

if they choose this path they will have over 40 million in cap space.  That is enough to fill some holes with quality players.  When you look over the free agent list and Bills needs middle linebacker jumps out as something that is going to have to come from the draft.   Other positions can be addressed through free agency depending on how munc money they want to throw at it 

I still think moving up to pick 2 is an option.  It works for both teams.   The Giants can delay making a decision on Eli for another year and have ammo to build a competitive team around him.   Plus they would have two first next year to help make a qb move. 

the offer would be 21,22 and next years first, since this doesn't get it done via the trade chart , the can throw in two players that seem to have fallen out of favor that would help the giants, Glenn and Lawson 

Edited by baskingridgebillsfan

58 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

It really is like Schoop and Bulldog tweeting.

To me, living in Colorado for many decades, this is news worthwhile for bills fans.

You guys got to realize that other teams (and their fans) have the same ideas we do.

I jokingly told some Bronco friends of mine that the Bills are going to jump to #2.

They got pissed and said Elway better not let that happen.

FWIW

other teams want to move up no doubt.  There is no way the giants will trade with the Jets.   I think the Bills can outbid everyone else but the broncos.  If Cousins goes to Denver then we might have a chance 

2 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Did we have rumors like this last year? Don't remember honestly.

we did when Whaley was in charge , then it was they will take one in the mid rounds 

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

It really is like Schoop and Bulldog tweeting.

To me, living in Colorado for many decades, this is news worthwhile for bills fans.

You guys got to realize that other teams (and their fans) have the same ideas we do.

I jokingly told some Bronco friends of mine that the Bills are going to jump to #2.

They got pissed and said Elway better not let that happen.

FWIW

And this is why I have felt for a while now and indicated last week that 3 high picks will not get it done for the Bills.  Think of it in terms of the game of Monopoly.  Denver has the greens (Pacific, North Carolina) and we are offering down in the purples (St Charles Place).

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, sven233 said:

Benjamin AllbrightVerified account @AllbrightNFL

#Bills have been calling around, pursuing potential trade partners in the top ten of this year's draft. Presumably for a shot at a quarterback.

Been saying it from the start.....  WHATEVER IT TAKES. It's time for the everyone to stop accepting below average QB play and start expecting greatness.  Whatever it takes to get one of Darnold, Rosen, or Mayfield.

If it works, that's awesome and we're set.  And you know what?  If it doesn't......there is a Draft every single year and we can try again.  But it's time for the organization to find the guy they want and take a swing.....

Ugh, this Allbright is the Denver radio dude who thinks we're trying to move up to draft Allen.

11 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

other teams want to move up no doubt.  There is no way the giants will trade with the Jets.   I think the Bills can outbid everyone else but the broncos.  If Cousins goes to Denver then we might have a chance 

we did when Whaley was in charge , then it was they will take one in the mid rounds 

I hear you.  It's still so early in the year that nothing can be figured out yet.

For every, Cousins to Denver scenario there is a Cousins to Minnesota.

We all just have to wait.

56 minutes ago, 1st&ten said:

The Bills & about 7 other teams. Just testing the waters.

Well, yes, and (I'm guessing) possibly trying to move up pre-draft for a player trade, so that trade partners can vet the players.

I would guess the Bills try to swap a 1st and a player or 3 to move up towards 8 or so, leaving them in position to swap up further on draft day if they can find a partner.

3 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

And this is why I have felt for a while now and indicated last week that 3 high picks will not get it done for the Bills.  Think of it in terms of the game of Monopoly.  Denver has the greens (Pacific, North Carolina) and we are offering down in the purples (St Charles Place).

Ha, great analogy.  Arizona has the red (Illinois Ave) and the Jets Have the yellows (Marvin Gardens, but they have no Hotels)!

I don't know why, but I always wanted the Wheelbarrow.

2 hours ago, BrooklynBills said:

This would be a setup to get to #2 IMO.

Something like 21, 53, Shaq Lawson to CHI for 8.

Then 8, 22, Glenn, 19 2nd for 2

I wouldnt doubt Beane has already talked to Gettleman and was told get a top 10 pick and we have the framework for a deal

This is the post that makes the most sense to me..thanks BB    thats thinking outside the box which should be the route the Bills should go to get their QB

....All this speculation is further ammo for the idea that the Bills should be all in on Kirk Cousins.  Sitting there at 21&22, having to speculate on A) that you can find a trading partner and B) that the guy you have identified will be there to trade up for, is a whole lot of uncertainty to be betting on come draft day.  All Cousins costs is money, and his contract will seem steep at first, but it will fall right in line with the leauge in short order.  He has proven to be able to produce with a sub par roster and broken O-line.  If I were the Bills, he would be option one, then use the draft capital to start building with others and their cheap contracts.  For what it's worth, I do think Cleveland is going to win the Kirk Cousins sweepstakes.  Again, all he costs is money.

• Like (+1) 1

Call up Frank Reich and offer up both our firsts this year and one next year and secure the 3rd overall spot and we will get our QB.

The Colts would be damn fools not to trade back this year and could prob get Glenn out of it as well.

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, MC Hamburg said:

This is the post that makes the most sense to me..thanks BB    thats thinking outside the box which should be the route the Bills should go to get their QB

21, 53, and Shaq Lawson will not get us to 8.  Maybe to 11 or 12.  With Barkely, Chubb, presumably 3 QB's in the top 5-6 teams sitting at 7-10 will know enough to charge more of a premium.  Lawson is maybe worth a late second pick as he cannot plug into any and every defensive scheme.

• Like (+1) 1