Benjamin Allbright - Bills Calling Around Looking for A Top 10 Pick

sven233

Benjamin AllbrightVerified account @AllbrightNFL

#Bills have been calling around, pursuing potential trade partners in the top ten of this year's draft. Presumably for a shot at a quarterback.

Been saying it from the start.....  WHATEVER IT TAKES. It's time for the everyone to stop accepting below average QB play and start expecting greatness.  Whatever it takes to get one of Darnold, Rosen, or Mayfield.

If it works, that's awesome and we're set.  And you know what?  If it doesn't......there is a Draft every single year and we can try again.  But it's time for the organization to find the guy they want and take a swing.....

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, sven233 said:

#Bills have been calling around, pursuing potential trade partners in the top ten of this year's draft. Presumably for a shot at a quarterback.

Been saying it from the start.....  WHATEVER IT TAKES. It's time for the everyone to stop accepting below average QB play and start expecting greatness.  Whatever it takes to get one of Darnold, Rosen, or Mayfield.

If it works, that's awesome and we're set.  And you know what?  If it doesn't......there is a Draft every single year and we can try again.  But it's time for the organization to find the guy they want and take a swing.....

Have you? Have you been saying it from the start? What other wisdom do you have for us?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Have you? Have you been saying it from the start? What other wisdom do you have for us?

That you should go ahead and just delete your account.......  That would make us all wiser not having to listen to you.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

How is this news?  Thanks captain obvious. 

Don't be an !@#$.

Plenty of members here believe the Bills will not draft a QB and will instead use our picks to build up team depth of quality, and many posters here want this to happen.

Information saying the Bills are working the phones to get into the top 10 is interesting and just another sign that they really are going to try and get one of the bigger named QBs in the draft.

Work on being not an !@#$.

30 minutes ago, sven233 said:

I go back to Beane's comments in the post-season PC when he said something like "we are definitely prepared (and/or willing) to do what it takes to get our guy" or something like that.

He had conviction in his voice and it just sounded like that is clearly their plan...give a lot away if necessary, move up, and get one of the named QBs.

Will be surprised if that does not pan out.

• Like (+1) 4

Glad to hear they are looking into getting a top 10 pick. 

Not sure top 10 is good enough though. I think it may have to be a top 5, or even top 3 pick depending on what QB(s) they want. 

I really want one of the big 3 (Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield). If we aren't getting one of those 3, I'm not sure I'd trade up for any of the others. Just my opinion.

• Like (+1) 4

What if they move up and take..a LB? McD wants a Keuchly type for his defense. I might be officially done with this team if that were the case. I don't really like any other sports so I hope that's not the case.

Has to be a QB. Don't move up for anyone but a QB. It's such an obvious thing that I can't believe I have to even say it. QB QB QB. Who is on their draft board? Who cares, get a QB. Do we care who is on the Pats draft board? No, they have a QB and everyone else is just the supporting cast.

This is the year to get the QB. Get one of the top guys. DO IT! Don't post a million threads about should they or shouldn't they. They have to. There are probably 3-4 long term franchise QB's and they will cost a fraction of what a mediocre veteran will over the next 5 yrs. DO IT BEANE!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

How is this news?  Thanks captain obvious. 

It's news and this kind of OP is the purpose of this message board.  Everytime we see a new post from someone "in the know" makes it more credible.  This kind of stuff builds my excitement as a fan.  

Questions.  Are they looking to get into the top 10 only on draft day, only if their guy is there?  Do they want to get into the top 10 ahead of the draft?  If they get the pick before the draft, would they try to go higher?  If they get a top 10 pick before the draft, and by their pick, Darnold, Rosen, and Mayfield are gone...would they settle for Allen, Rudolph, or Jackson, take a different player, or trade back down?

1 minute ago, PIZ said:

It's news and this kind of OP is the purpose of this message board.  Everytime we see a new post from someone "in the know" makes it more credible.  This kind of stuff builds my excitement as a fan.  

Questions.  Are they looking to get into the top 10 only on draft day, only if their guy is there?  Do they want to get into the top 10 ahead of the draft?  If they get the pick before the draft, would they try to go higher?  If they get a top 10 pick before the draft, and by their pick, Darnold, Rosen, and Mayfield are gone...would they settle for Allen, Rudolph, or Jackson, take a different player, or trade back down?

All signs are pointing towards Josh Rosen.

I believe we've identified him as the face of this franchise for the next 10+ years..

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

This guy is a co-host on a Denver Radio Sports show.

He has already talked about Denver moving up to guarantee the 2nd best QB.

If Denver doesn't get a FA QB, Donkey fans will be livid if Elway lets other teams jump them for the 2nd best in the draft.

Yes and Denver’s 1st and 2nd are worth more than the Bills’ 2 1sts.  It will take A LOT to get ahead of the Broncos and Jets if those teams want QBs.  I think it would be almost impossible if the Bills are in a bidding war with both of those reams.

Every team does this. Doesn’t mean anything. 

Everyone does their homework to see all their options. They’ve also let people know they’d be willing to move back too. 

Most teams have deal parameters in place, so when the moment comes, things can come together quickly. 

• Like (+1) 3

47 minutes ago, sven233 said:

I'm sure they are calling around, but with so many teams in need of a QB, drafting before and after us, I'm not sure it could get done at a reasonable cost.