The Bills Top 5 Most Successful Low-Round Draft Picks

BuffaloRush

On 2/17/2018 at 7:31 AM, BuffaloRush said:

We’ll have to agree to disagree here.  I think the UDFA should be a different Top 5 List

Then why isn’t it top 5 picks in “rounds that no longer exist?” What is special about round 7 as the jumping off point? Why not 5 or 6?It’s totally random. 

I like the idea of top 5’s in each round. I’m just not wrapping my head around rounds 7-17 being the same but anyone added after round 7 being different. It really changes the playing field because there were so many older players that would be eligible. It’s like having a free throw contest to see who would make more. The 2005 group gets 1 shot, the 1975 group gets 10. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

2 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Because he was a free agent - not a draft pick.  It’s really not that hard

Darrick Holmes is certainly an interesting choice.  Didn’t put him in the list because I thought the others were bigger contributors.  

Armour was a 4th round pick - not eligable.

Fisher didn’t do enough in Buffalo

This is kind of pointless if we are making the distinction of only last 30 years and that somehow a drafted player should be considered while an undrafted one shouldn't, which would lend even more credence to the original point than a low round draft pick would.

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

This is kind of pointless if we are making the distinction of only last 30 years and that somehow a drafted player should be considered while an undrafted one shouldn't, which would lend even more credence to the original point than a low round draft pick would.

In my opinion they are two serperate lists.  One for player drafted low, another for undrafted free agents.  

Is silly to have a “low round draft pick list” and then to quantify it by saying “oh by the way, undrafted free agents count too.”   It doesn’t make sense 

22 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

In my opinion they are two serperate lists.  One for player drafted low, another for undrafted free agents.  

Is silly to have a “low round draft pick list” and then to quantify it by saying “oh by the way, undrafted free agents count too.”   It doesn’t make sense 

Why not? With a low round draft pick teams are like OK...this guy isnt very good but we will take a flyer on him and see what happens. With a UDFA they are like this guy isnt even good enough to be drafted

4 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Why not? With a low round draft pick teams are like OK...this guy isnt very good but we will take a flyer on him and see what happens. With a UDFA they are like this guy isnt even good enough to be drafted

Like I said, I see the UDFA conversation as an entirely different list 

27 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

In 1988 (30 years ago) the Bills drafted 9 guys in the 7th round and after. The Bills haven’t taken a guy in the 7th since Dez Lewis in 2015.