Mel Kiper's new Big Board and Position Rankings

DCOrange

5 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

That happens more often than you think and to more teams than you think.  It takes a lot of things to come together to create a dynasty.  It's just how the league is when you look away from the dynasties.  It just takes lightning to strike in the right place and time with the right GM or coach.  Such as it was with us when Polian and Levy came along.  Do the Browns now have their own Polian and Levy?  Too early to tell.  Does not quite a few members of the board subscribe to bottoming out hard and then bounce to the top in part by having top 10 selections to work with?

In my opinion it is much harder to then back in the Polian/Levy days

Due to the salary cap and certain teams/cities having power over the league it has become very hard to compete.

Just saying things are not as easy as it now in those days.   If it were just money the browns wouldnt suck every year they have a ton of cap space.

4 hours ago, kdiggz said:

We need to get one of the top 4 guys. If we don't get a guy in the top QB draft in the past 14 years then this administration is a joke and I will no longer trust the process

They can't trade with themselves, which begs the question is there no amount of assets- be they current and future picks, and or players- that would give you pause from trading up for a maybe at QB position?

i understand why folks want to, but at any price?

1 minute ago, purple haze said:

They can't trade with themselves, which begs the question is there no amount of assets- be they current and future picks, and or players- that would give you pause from trading up for a maybe at QB position?

i understand why folks want to, but at any price?

that's the situation they put us in.  i hope they have a plan

2 hours ago, kdiggz said:

I know all of those players and they aren't NFL ready, some are on their 2nd school because they weren't good enough to keep a job at the first. You are comparing guys like that to Rosen who is he best pocket passer since Andrew Luck, Allen who has the best arm maybe ever, Darnold who was said to be a sure thing #1 pick for 2 years now, Mayfield who might be better than all of them, even Jackson who might have won 2 heismans if he was on a better team. The guys you mentioned don't have the same kind of resume in the least

I'm not saying the class is as good because I can't yet.  The players this year had a solid year and got better.  Next year's class can have a great year and improve too.  It's just way too soon to say anything about next year's class when you don't even know who will be apart of it.  Again, I'm all for taking a QB this year but we have no clue what next year's QB prospects will look like at this time.  One year is a long time for an athlete to improve and scouts will learn more about them.  

41 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

I'm not saying the class is as good because I can't yet.  The players this year had a solid year and got better.  Next year's class can have a great year and improve too.  It's just way too soon to say anything about next year's class when you don't even know who will be apart of it.  Again, I'm all for taking a QB this year but we have no clue what next year's QB prospects will look like at this time.  One year is a long time for an athlete to improve and scouts will learn more about them.  

1 year is nothing and does not make a QB. The guys in this year's draft have been doing it 2-4 years already. Rosen and Darnold have been top players since high school and have been on people's radar. This is the year

6 hours ago, KzooMike said:

What I don't like about Allen is he seems to bail from the pocket early. At Wyoming this resulted in a ton of big plays as he's good outside the pocket. It just won't work in the NFL. He will get sacked before those plays will develop. Allen has the strongest arm and best build. That will always intrigue scouts. Sometimes it will do so to the extent he goes way higher than he should. I wouldn't be shocked if he is one of the first off the board or if he slides to the 20's. 

he didn't have a choice on many of those. Collapsed pocket. My son is college TE coach at the FCS level and said(for what it's worth) the Wyoming had one of the worst pass protection O-lines in FBS. Still the low % must be investigated. Accuracy ?  Bad receivers hands ? Bad receivers ability to get open ? Bills scouts, I'm sure watching the plays for all these guys

• Thank you (+1) 2

On 2/16/2018 at 7:19 PM, kdiggz said:

1 year is nothing and does not make a QB. The guys in this year's draft have been doing it 2-4 years already. Rosen and Darnold have been top players since high school and have been on people's radar. This is the year

Again, I think this is the year we get a QB but look at the history of drafting QBs.  It doesn't matter who has been doing it for longer.  BTW some of the players have already been doing it for a few years in next year's class and some have had better results than some of the guys in this class when they were that age.  This class has potential just like any other class.  Let's not make them hall of famers before they've even hit the NFL field once.  

On 2/16/2018 at 12:29 PM, kdiggz said:

We need to get one of the top 4 guys. If we don't get a guy in the top QB draft in the past 14 years then this administration is a joke and I will no longer trust the process

No.  No, we don't.  If there is a guy we like, we should give our best effort to go up and get him.  But no, we should not target "one of the top 4" or "a guy"

I think I may have made a thread about this somewhere

On 2/16/2018 at 1:11 PM, Jay_Fixit said:

Kiper is the Fresno of analysts.

He made his mark years ago when he was the only media person dialed into front offices around the league.  Now no one is and he’s just living off of his old reputation. 

Edited by BarleyNY

On 2/16/2018 at 12:22 PM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

If he flipped Mayfield with Allen then he would be right on.

He must get paid a lot to make obvious mistakes.

That was my thought: "whoo, Allen's agent must be giving Kiper the Big Bucks"

Maybe I malign the guy.  Maybe he's just a fan of the "Looks the Way You Want Your QB to Look" school of QB selection, though then you'd think he'd push Rudolph higher.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Maybe I malign the guy.  Maybe he's just a fan of the "Looks the Way You Want Your QB to Look" school of QB selection, though then you'd think he'd push Rudolph higher.

Allen Is the hot girl in th club, which is why Mel likes him, but is also the crazy one.

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Allen Is the hot girl in th club, which is why Mel likes him, but is also the crazy one.

From what I can tell:

Allen: Hot blonde in the club, dressed to enhance her assets.  She might be the best GF ever or she might max out your charge cards and leave you crying.

Mayfield: Crazy one. You just want to take her home and get it on with her.

Rosen: Impeccably groomed pretty girl who is sitting with girlfriends because she seems too perfect to be real and you wonder what's the catch?

Darnold: Nice potential but has zits on her chin and forehead. You wonder if she's underage and will get you in trouble.

Rudolph: Marian-the-librarian type wearing Birth Control Glasses and overly modest clothes over a healthy, fit bod.

Jackson: He looks good, but you wonder if he's too much in common with the flaky girl you moved on from

White and Lauletta: You wonder what they'd look like if they hit the gym for six months and adopted a Paleo diet.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

From what I can tell:

Allen: Hot blonde in the club, dressed to enhance her assets.  She might be the best GF ever or she might max out your charge cards and leave you crying.

Rosen: Impeccably groomed pretty girl who is sitting with girlfriends because she seems too perfect to be real and you wonder what's the catch?

Darnold: Nice potential but has zits on her chin and forehead. You wonder if she's underage and will get you in trouble.

Rudolph: Marian-the-librarian type wearing Birth Control Glasses and overly modest clothes over a healthy, fit bod.

Jackson: He looks good, but you wonder if he's too much in common with the flaky girl you moved on from

White and Lauletta: You wonder what they'd look like if they hit the gym for six months and adopted a Paleo diet.

:lol:

Mayfield isn't the crazy one, just the wild one that is a good girl deep down.

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Its really just potential. Allen has possibly a stronger arm than anyone in the NFL right now along with a big frame and good running ability. The hope is that with corrected footwork, you’ll get the Allen you saw in the Senior Bowl/his Bowl game. Rudolph is nothing like him with the exception of also having a big frame. The running ability and arm strength are nowhere near Allen.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

From what I can tell:

Always been a sucker for the "Rudolph" type girls.

Unfortunately, I end up with the bi-polar Johnny Manziel's!