Mel Kiper's new Big Board and Position Rankings

DCOrange

For those with insider access, here's a link:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2018/insider/story/_/id/22455315/mel-kiper-2018-nfl-draft-big-board-top-25-prospects-ranking-position-position-top-10s

Top 10 QBs (top 4 are all in his top 10 overall big board):

1. Josh Allen

2. Sam Darnold

3. Josh Rosen

4. Baker Mayfield

5. Lamar Jackson

6. Mason Rudolph

7. Kyle Lauletta

8. Luke Falk

9. Mike White

10. Chase Litton

23 minutes ago, Pete said:

4 QB's will be drafted top 10 IMO after some wild trades.  I expect Cleveland and perhaps GMen trade down

I will be shocked if Cleveland trades down.  The last thing they want is more picks in money ball fashion with Dorsey and company now in charge.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I will be shocked if Cleveland trades down.  The last thing they want is more picks in money ball fashion with Dorsey and company now in charge.

It's to the point now that if they draft well, they're going to end up running out of cap space when it comes time to sign all these guys to new contracts haha. IF they do trade down from 1 or 4, I expect that they'll trade up multiple other times throughout the draft to consolidate picks a little bit and make sure they get all the guys they really want.

14 minutes ago, offyourocker said:

From all the different in depth review I read on this guy he should be a 4th round pick at best

If this was sarcasm, I apologize.  I'm no Allen homer by any means, but 4th round?!?! And I've read a lot about him as well.  Even watched 2 whole games! And I wasn't that impressed in that huge sample size.  But 4th round?!?

**My Personal QB Strategy Disclosure:  I just want the Bills to like a guy enough they go up and get him. (that's my first choice of options).  Do I have a top 4 rankings of those guys in my head? Sure.  Do I for one second pretend to know where they SHOULD slot? Nope. But that's not a cool take in this Hot Take world. 

Edited by Nineforty
grammar
  • Like (+1) 2

What I don't like about Allen is he seems to bail from the pocket early. At Wyoming this resulted in a ton of big plays as he's good outside the pocket. It just won't work in the NFL. He will get sacked before those plays will develop. Allen has the strongest arm and best build. That will always intrigue scouts. Sometimes it will do so to the extent he goes way higher than he should. I wouldn't be shocked if he is one of the first off the board or if he slides to the 20's. 

38 minutes ago, D521646 said:

Wow, Allen at 1, seems a bit odd to me.  Is this Clausen all over again? :) arm

Tim-

With Allen, it's all about perceived potential based on his physical makeup.  He's big, athletic, and has a cannon arm.  It doesnn't  hurt that he came from a somewhat pro style offense, but the physical traits are the big thing.

18 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I could certainly see them trading out of 4 if they get their QB. 

I have heard a number of Cleveland reporters say that because Cleveland has accumulated so many picks that their strategy is to get selected stud players rather than add a quantity of good players. 

Another factor as to why they would be reluctant to trade down at the expense of not getting an elite player or two is that they have plenty of cap space to fill in the roster. I get the sense that the new GM is focusing on a more immediate result than continue on with this interminable building process.