Gil Brandt: Best Fits for the Top Free Agents

26CornerBlitz

The draft is loaded at DT plus we have Washington going into his 3rd yr he can be a bright surprise for us next yr so we just need a run stopper next to him.  

Id rather spend our money on the Oline and our #2 Corner.  

Sign Chris Hubbard and Cameron Fleming that opens up trading Cordy for a pk. 

Sign  CB Kyle Fuller from Chicago he's a young player that's developing nicely. 

6 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

The draft is loaded at DT plus we have Washington going into his 3rd yr he can be a bright surprise for us next yr so we just need a run stopper next to him.  

Id rather spend our money on the Oline and our #2 Corner.  

Sign Chris Hubbard and Cameron Fleming that opens up trading Cordy for a pk. 

Sign  CB Kyle Fuller from Chicago he's a young player that's developing nicely. 

Hubbard is, IMO, a better fit at guard than tackle.  If they pay Fleming anything above the league-minimum, then they haven't been paying attention IMO.

Fuller would be a huge get, but he's going to get PAID IMO.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

No way McBeane brings in an expensive DT with character issues after just shipping out Marcel and taking on that cap hit for next season.  I think Star Lotulelei is almost a lock.

8 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

No way McBeane brings in an expensive DT with character issues after just shipping out Marcel and taking on that cap hit for next season.  I think Star Lotulelei is almost a lock.

Star would be quite the departure from the way they've operated thus far...he'll be over-valued on the UFA market.

3 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Washington was so low-impact that it's hard to really count on him for anything.............but he is still very young being 23 this season.

That third round is not a great place to pick guys with motivation/effort issues in their past, IMO......... because once they get their signing bonus they are basically playing at or near league minimum salary from there on out..........which doesn't provide a great deal of motivation to do more than the minimum if the dude is sure he can catch on elsewhere.

That's what happened with Goodwin here.........he had the Bills over a barrel because he knew with his speed he could get that minimum paycheck somewhere else if the Bills cut him so he had the leverage to tap out everytime he got a boo-boo so he could go train for Rio.

5 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Serious coin but I’d be ok with it. 

I agree that he'd be a nice add. That kind of money splash probably keep TT as our starter next year which means another 12 months of all the TT threads!! 

23 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I'd be shocked if McBeane brought in Richardson. He's an immature headcase and completely devoid of the required "football" character to maximize his talent. 

He plays with passion which can be harnessed by the right coaching staff.

41 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

I agree that he'd be a nice add. That kind of money splash probably keep TT as our starter next year which means another 12 months of all the TT threads!! 

He plays with passion which can be harnessed by the right coaching staff.

He plays with passion when he feels like it. No amount of coaching is going to change that. If coaches like Bowles and Carroll can't harness it, nobody will as no amount of coaching can instill football character. Is there a chance he suddenly grows up and figures it out? Perhaps, but at 27 years old, I have my doubts. Not worth the investment to find out, imo. 

10 hours ago, Finkle Is Einhorn said:

I think it would be a mistake to spend a lot of money in free agency  on a defensive tackle this year given that it's the deepest most loaded position group in this draft class. There are guys you could draft who could come in and contribute right away for a fraction of the cost and a lot younger. 

In a 43 system - expect to be dedicating a lot to the line. With only Kyle at DT it is likely wise to add both an impact free agent and an impact draft pick up front 

No way. He's good (when he decides to be...) but I would rather have Dontari Poe for 5-6mil or DaQuan Jones for similar money. I hope/it is (what i think to be) more likely to be Star. I do hope however we do not mortgage the rest of our line by throwing a ton of coin at Star. I agree with DC Orange in that he has not played as well the last few years so I would hope he signs for a (little bit) of a McD connection-esque discount. Or give me Poe and draft H.Phillips in the second.