AJ McCarron wins grievance vs Bengals, is UFA

YoloinOhio

47 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

He adds to the list of potential starting qb's available though FA & draft. Hopefully, our FO get's it right. 

Was Daboll in Alabama when he was there? Obv I did NOT google it.

McCarron was long gone from the Alabama program by the time Daboll arrived there. 

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 4:38 PM, aristocrat said:

Wow the bengals played that wrong and lost him for nothing. 

They could still tag him. Right?

Transition tag maybe?

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 4:53 PM, YoloinOhio said:

I was just answering your question. I have no opinion on AJ McCarron.

That has to be the ugliest chest tat since Italians invented chest hair.

Could anyone be that religious to think that was needed??

Edited by cba fan
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I don't think so. Seeing the contract Glennon got last year will make teams a bit wary. Plus the glut of QB talent expected to be available. He will get paid, but I think it will be a solid deal and not crazy 

That'd be my guess too.

1 hour ago, Jasovon said:

Did people learn nothing from Mike Glennon?

I think they learned that sometimes paying a QB can be a fine draft smokescreen.

And that if you're gonna pay a guy to be a bridge / backup you might have to pay a bit more than you'd like, but you ought to handle it like the Bears did so that you only have $4.5 mill in dead money if you cut him before the second year. 

Edited by Thurman#1

10 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

The Falcons didn't think Brett Favre was a challenger for Chris Miller.

The Chargers didn't think Drew Brees was a challenger for Phillip Rivers.

The Falcons thought Favre was a drunk and an idiot, which he was that year. Cleaned up his act pretty well, but he was a problem for the Falcs.

And the Chargers knew Brees had serious injury issues and a good chance of never being healthy again. If he'd been healthy things might have been very very different there.

But yeah, there are some better examples, like the Packers letting Kurt Warner go (no, he wouldn't have beaten out Favre, but might have been kept and traded for serious value if he'd developed) or the Bucs letting Steve Young go in that trade. Garoppolo over the aging Brady may well turn out to be a classic example. I hope so.

14 minutes ago, vincec said:

Let me put it like this: how many think Andy Dalton is a franchise QB? Well, this guy was his backup and couldn’t move ahead of him on the depth chart. It’s not like he was sitting behind Tom Brady.

A 5th rd draft pick would need to prove himself before a big contract . One year mainly incentives or just say no. He might be a viable backup if not a starter.

13 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Based on his VERY limited NFL resume, anything more than a minimum contract is a big gamble.  

I am NOT saying that he might not be good.  However, if the Bengals don’t think he is a challenger for the much higher paid Andy Dalton, I would not hold much hope that he is an answer as a good starting QB.

Wow, does NOT look like an elite trained athlete.

Tom Brady looks identical to him minus the tattoo.