Vontae a Bill!!

YoloinOhio

28 minutes ago, The Drought said:

You can never have too many good cb's on your team, but you can spend too much getting there. I can't see a scenario where they sign both Gaines and Davis, neither is signing cheap.

I agree it seems too expensive at this point. Might as well let Gaines hit the market if HE thinks he needs 9 million lol

26 minutes ago, Pete said:

The GIants secondary was the most pathetic in football last year.  Apple is a self centered head case.  Janoris made Deion look like Jack Tatum.  And DMC took his ball and went home.  Eli is toxic

Yes i have been following that to small degree.
I was responding to some wise acre's sarcasm above.
Giants are going to be weak again this year. wonder where the Apple ends up?

7 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

I cannot see Davis signing before UFA opens up. He may take some visits, but he'll want to see what he can get when UFA opens up. 

He would be best to get the most now before other players hit the market.  He is free to to take visits and negotiate, most players cannot.  He may wait if his value wasnt what he thought it was.

9 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

I cannot see Davis signing before UFA opens up. He may take some visits, but he'll want to see what he can get when UFA opens up. 

He should. not sure he will need to though. 0:)

3 minutes ago, snamsnoops said:

and receive a comp pick for it!

Beaners luvs that stuff

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

im not a fan of paying gaines 9 mil for 8 games. i would if he played all the games. 

we might all agree on that.

and thats where the tipping point is. if Bills feel he can remain healthy ? Does anyone else really know his health ?
At this point he is a proven risk during his career. Darned decent football player though..

3 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

CB is a definite need based on departures and some lackluster play by those who didn't start....if it happens, it would be a good sign of things to come. 

well, would probably be a replacement for Gaines and Gaines is the better player...so not really that good of a sign

3 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I wonder if what we think is happening with Gaines (him outpricing himself) is actually true, if Davis gives us a relatively good starter (potentially even at the same level) and allows us to get a nickel guy like Aaron Colvin from Jax or Patrick Robinson from PHI?

Bryce Callahan would be great also.

2 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

and some have said that White's best suited for slot CB, so you sign Davis, re-sign Gaines, sign DT Star Leouti and draft another DT, add a speedy LB to replace Brown to play with Milano  and play a majority of nickel defense, like McDermott did in the Carolina, and the D might improve. 

Man Star Lotulelei is so overrated here. 

Testing the market. See how much a team like Cleveland or Buffalo pays then go to a contending team and say so and so offers this much can you beat it. Happens every year unfortunately. It's a hard enough sell to get players to come here so until we have a QB and are a super bowl contender we are still not going to be the top choice for free agents

44 minutes ago, Passepartout said:

Always confuse Vontae and Vernon Davis as they look like twins IMHO!

??

41 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Bows the time for him to sign.  Before other players at his position become available.  He's already free.  The competition for $$$ isn't.

40 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I think it is an opinion based upon the position/role he plays. And then the Bills need against the a/b gap runs.

he is rather good at defending that.

12 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

it would be a pretty shrewd deal.  Sign a player with no comp attached and let gains walk and get a comp pick 

it would be a feather in the cap for Beanes method.
But i hope they work on Gaines and have a role for him he could deal with.
Logic say no. one or the other

48 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Where is he from? 

I think Star makes a lot of sense for the bills due to need and the fact that his worst year of his career was when he was apart from McD. I think it makes sense for both sides and i want to see it happen, but i definitely don't want to overpay for him. 

53 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Where is he from? 

I think Star makes a lot of sense for the bills due to need and the fact that his worst year of his career was when he was apart from McD. I think it makes sense for both sides and i want to see it happen, but i definitely don't want to overpay for him. 

Is Bryce, Bo’s brother? Bo was big time on draft day

Edited by Yard Monkey