Mike Mayock's Final 2018 Draft Position Rankings & Top 100 Prospects - Mock Draft on Wednesday at 8 PM ET on NFLN

26CornerBlitz

11 minutes ago, Logic said:

I personally happen to agree with you, which is why I want no part of Allen, and consider him QB5 in this draft. 

HOWEVER...for some reason, many NFL scouts, analysts, and GMs seem to disagree. Even Mike Mayock, who I really like as a draft analyst, has Allen listed as his QB2. He's being talked about as a legitimate possibility to be the #1 overall pick. Why is that? Could it be that the analysis of fans and draftniks (myself included) differs greatly from the analysis of professionals?

Damn it 26! You've got me sitting here defending Josh Allen! This is madness! I want no part of the guy! I think this must be part of my instinctual survival instinct to defend and try to be optimistic about every Bills player and decision. I'm convinced (and depressed) that the Bills will be drafting this kid. :(

Well...I hear ya...

In this day of analytics in sports Allen would figure to be doomed as a top QB prospect...

I think though...the tipping point for people like Mayock, or more importantly Beane (if all of this is true), HAS to be Allen's book smarts...He's a smart kid...And when you look at those elite, like high tier elite tools...Then add how smart he is...It may seem like less of a risk to project success...

He's my QB5 as well...So I get it...I can't find myself trusting this Allen thing can go well...I have Jackson higher, I think he's less of a risk...And that's saying something...But I do admit to giving heavy pause knowing SO many people who understand things better than I do see plenty of promise in Allen...

And if he comes to Buffalo, he's my dude...Until he's not...B-)

So Mayock has the Bills giving up 12, 22 and 65 to move up and get Josh Allen.

Is this guy a fu ck in idiot or is Beane and idiot if he gives up THAT much to move up 6 spots.

If this is the case, stay at 12 and be happy with Rudolph or Jackson.

Again, Allen is intriguing, but the price is ridiculous.

If Rosen is on the board at 12 and we dont have him coming out of this draft......

Its not even the drafting of Allen that would bug me.....it would be giving up that much draft capital when we could HAVE HAD ONE OF THE BIG THREE AND GIVEN UP NOTHING but the 12th pick

Those picks we give up Mayock's scenario could be used to get impact players AND have Rosen.

:(

Edited by John from Riverside

2 hours ago, Logic said:

I personally happen to agree with you, which is why I want no part of Allen, and consider him QB5 in this draft. 

HOWEVER...for some reason, many NFL scouts, analysts, and GMs seem to disagree. Even Mike Mayock, who I really like as a draft analyst, has Allen listed as his QB2. He's being talked about as a legitimate possibility to be the #1 overall pick. Why is that? Could it be that the analysis of fans and draftniks (myself included) differs greatly from the analysis of professionals?

Damn it 26! You've got me sitting here defending Josh Allen! This is madness! I want no part of the guy! I think this must be part of my instinctual survival instinct to defend and try to be optimistic about every Bills player and decision. I'm convinced (and depressed) that the Bills will be drafting this kid. :(

AMEN! I just don’t get it. I hope he goes to the NJ Jests, but if we wind up with Allen, I’ll take a deep breath and pray for the best. What more can I do?

What the scouts/draft analysts understand and so many Bills fans fail to understand is that Josh Allen only played two seasons in college.  That's right, TWO!

Most college players tend to improve the more they play during a four year season and understand their deficiencies so they can work to correct them. Allen has already been improving since the end of the college season in the senior bowl, combine and his pro day. 

This isn't just all about his potential from a scouts point of view as he has already shown he knows his footwork was crappy last season and has been working with Carson Palmer's brother Jordan Palmer to correct it. Palmer also worked with Texan's QB Deshaun Watson the last offseason and helped him a bunch too.

https://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Jordan-Palmer-says-Deshaun-Watson-shares-same-traits-as-Manning-Brady-15723

Palmer has stated he thinks that Josh Allen will be a great NFL QB! 

It is finally draft day now and my opinion is that there really isn't much difference between the first QB and 6th QB on the board.

After all the speculation and the189,048,444 mocks, staying at 12 is probably the best bet and the Bills WILL get a QB at 12 they can work with.

Absolutely no need to give up the store when there is basically no difference from the top QB to the sixth QB. 

From Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield and Allen to Rudolph and Jackson is no difference. The Bills could work with any of those QB's........... if the Bills have the RIGHT coaches to coach up whichever one they draft.

Edited by njbuff

10 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

As much as I am dogging on Allen in this thread it is only because of the circumstance. What I see a better QB on the board and we traded up for a high cieling project. 

To be honest I am fine coming out of Tomorrow with one of Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Allen (least preferred obviously) 

If Mayfield really does go #1, I think Allen will be the only option because I suspect the Giants will take Darnold and the Jets Rosen. Sucks, but that's my fear.