Mike Mayock's Final 2018 Draft Position Rankings & Top 100 Prospects - Mock Draft on Wednesday at 8 PM ET on NFLN

26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

This thread as always makes me sick to my stomach.  I like Mayock more than any of the others, but there still are only educated guesses.  We still could pick up one of these free agents and then just pick up talent, or take a Bradford, and then draft one at 21.

As far as all of these bad decisions in the past, we can’t do anything about it so move on.  Previous Mgmt sucked since back to Butler, and even screwed up after Kelly with Collins.

Thanks to OP for sharing this story.  I’ll defer to you guys on these college QB’s as I’m not well informed in college and basically watch the NFL all day on Sunday with the ticket.

So much to be determined with the 2018 QB draft class.  The veteran QBs slated to be UFAs are a big part of the equation. 

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

Don't confuse a QB class having a bunch of first round prospects with it being a "good class".  A good QB class produces good NFL QBs, which in the case of 2004, is likely to be 2 or 3 HOFers from the four first round QBs.   People were claiming that 2011 and 2012 were great QB classes, too, but only 3 of the 8 QBs taken in the first rounds of those drafts succeeded.

If both Goff and Wentz are successful, then 2016 will be a very successful QB class even though only 3 QBs were taken in the first round.

And they traded up for him ... so in 2005, they had no first rounder when Aaron Rodgers was sitting there at #18 when Dallas drafted in the Bills' place.  :doh:

That would be 3...Eli, Big Ben, and Rivers are all guaranteed to have the gold jacket.

29 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

One pick...one freaking pick.

Jacksonville 2004 draft: "Whaaaa, Buffalo, we don't want to trade with you because we are worried the receiver we want won't be there anymore."

9.   Jacksonville

10. Pittsburgh

11. Buffalo

One pick away.  

...No way we should have walked away without Jacksonville's pick, passing on the chance at Big Ben.

billsfan11, you left out the best part:  in trading up for Losman we gave Dallas our number 1 pick in 2005.

Who was there for us at that spot in 05?

Do I even have to say?!

Aaron Rodgers.

It was 2 picks IIRC...

9. Jax - Reggie Williams - WR/Washington

10. Hou - Dunta Robinson - CB/South Carolina

11. Pittsburgh - Ben Roethlisberger - QB/Miami (OH)

12. NYJ - Jonathan Vilma - LB/Miami

13. Buffalo - Lee Evans - WR/Wisconsin

22. Buffalo (f/ Dal) - JP Losman - QB/Tulane

^ all from memory so please correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

As history has proven you might as well draw straws in evaluating rookie quarterbacks.  The Bills should sit tight and draft whoever is there are 21/22.   It's actually a lucky break that there are so many QBs rated this high this year.  You have to know when you're sitting on a winning hand.

Yeah, that's what we thought in 2004, too.

4 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

You must be more qualified to rank the prospects then.  What’s your rankings ?

Actually when you talk qualifications...yes he is just as qualified. Mayock has never been a GM, Scout, or in any way worked in a front office. He gives his opinions. His opinions are not gospel and if you ask 50 "draft experts" their opinions this time of year you get 50 different answers.

Mayock gets his rankings from what he is hearing in league circles.

I think people are going to be surprised when Allen is drafted really high.  Rosen is overrated, not sure why people are so in love with him.  Attitude and injuries are too big of negatives for him to go high.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Ittakestime said:

I think people are going to be surprised when Allen is drafted really high.  Rosen is overrated, not sure why people are so in love with him.  Attitude and injuries are too big of negatives for him to go high.

Get ready to be surprised!

5 hours ago, D521646 said:

I think, without reservation, that this might be the best QB draft class since 2004.  We may well see at least 5 QB's taken in the first round, maybe more?

Tim-

The best?! :lol:

Only if by "best" you mean "most hype driven"

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Nope.

He does his own work-ups and provides his own grades.

Think about it--why would he have a guy like Dalvin Cook as his RB1 when it was obvious he was going to slip due to character concerns?

48 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Nope.

He does his own work-ups and provides his own grades.

Think about it--why would he have a guy like Dalvin Cook as his RB1 when it was obvious he was going to slip due to character concerns?

He stole Cook from me! Hope he didn't love Glennon half as much.