FOX and The NFL Have a 5-Year Agreement to Televise the Draft

26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

And TV just keeps paying money to the NFL. Anyone still want to try and tell me how the Golden Goose is dieing??? 

It it dies - and it could - it's likely to be a longer term thing. The short term and the longer term don't always line up.

More, I seem to recall one or two cases previous of television executives making bad decisions. Maybe I'm just imagining that, maybe they've always been perfect. 

7 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

How much money is TV making compared to 5 years ago?

Let see what the NFL profits are this year. 

7 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

How much money is TV making compared to 5 years ago?

And what did they get again 2 Billion from Verizon this year

another 50M from Amazon to stream. 

Thats why whe people talk about rating decline and saying how it is horrible are missing the boat. NFL like others are suffering from cutting the cord and such. And what are they doing? Monetizing the streaming rights 

Edited by MAJBobby

Just now, Chicharito said:

So help me now if I have to listen to joe buck. That guy is horrible ! So dry and boring I really don't get how he is got in the #1 position on that network. He has a great voice for NASCAR!!!!! Nobody watches that so he would be great .

FOX will simulcast NFL Network’s Thursday, consisting of the first round, and Friday coverage, which includes rounds two and three. It’s unclear what will happen on Saturday for rounds four through seven. Per Ourand, FOX has commitments for the third day of the 2018 draft, and it may not be able to adjust them.

15 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

FOX will simulcast NFL Network’s Thursday, consisting of the first round, and Friday coverage, which includes rounds two and three. It’s unclear what will happen on Saturday for rounds four through seven. Per Ourand, FOX has commitments for the third day of the 2018 draft, and it may not be able to adjust them.

Does that mean the Eisen crew? 

That would be a dream come true! I don't have cable and watching at my dad's house means ESPN and Mel Kiper ruins it for me. 

This makes no sense to me at all.  Why would FOX pay for the draft if they:

(a) Aren't bothering to send a production crew and are just simulcasting the NFL Network,

(b) Don't want to air all three days, and

(c) Have to compete for eyeballs with ESPN's broadcast in addition to the NFL Network's

I understand it's built into the Thursday Night package price, but this still doesn't make any sense.  The only thing FOX gets is a broadcast exclusive out of the deal.  If you are the type of person who watches any significant amount of the draft, it's highly unlikely you're a cord cutter and highly likely you at least have ESPN if not the NFL Network.

10 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Let see what the NFL profits are this year. 

And what did they get again 2 Billion from Verizon this year

another 50M from Amazon to stream. 

Thats why whe people talk about rating decline and saying how it is horrible are missing the boat. NFL like others are suffering from cutting the cord and such. And what are they doing? Monetizing the streaming rights 

And the NFL has the Super Bowl halftime performers paying to perform and asks for volunteers to set up and take down the stage?

$#%&@! greedy $&@#%ers!!!

7 hours ago, sullim4 said:

(a) Aren't bothering to send a production crew and are just simulcasting the NFL Network,

(c) Have to compete for eyeballs with ESPN's broadcast in addition to the NFL Network's

I understand it's built into the Thursday Night package price, but this still doesn't make any sense.  The only thing FOX gets is a broadcast exclusive out of the deal.  If you are the type of person who watches any significant amount of the draft, it's highly unlikely you're a cord cutter and highly likely you at least have ESPN if not the NFL Network.

There you go.....watch how many ads for the Thursday night games.....

There are going to me a lot more commercial breaks. There will be even less of chance that any analysis of Buffalo Bills pics will actually make it on to TV because they will either be in commercial during our picks, or go to commercial right after our pick is made. 

8 hours ago, sullim4 said:

The only reason to hang onto cable is for watching sports, which is a crazy amount of money to just watch sports IMO. The NFL and FOX is trying to stay ahead of the public, so they can still watch the draft even if people are cutting the cord. They didn't say how much this deal is, but that it ties into the Thursday Night football Package. I got rid of cable a month ago, but am trying out SLING tv which has about a minute or so delay. This deal actually makes a lot of sense.