Bears looking set to release Glennon

BuffaloBillyG

7 hours ago, JohnC said:

If he can run a pro offense and throw the ball down the field I would have no problem with him as a bridge qb. . 

He can't. 

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

No, someone said we all know who will sign first between Glennon and Tyrod. I said Tyrod assuming that the price is right. If Glennon takes a league minimum offer he might sign first. If you told a team you can have either at the same price everyone would pick Taylor. 

Agree. 

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He can't. 

Agree. 

If Glennon can't execute a pro offense and make the throws then find someone else. I'm open to all options other than retaining Taylor. This fine fellow deserves a fresh start somewhere else. 

13 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

No, someone said we all know who will sign first between Glennon and Tyrod. I said Tyrod assuming that the price is right. If Glennon takes a league minimum offer he might sign first. If you told a team you can have either at the same price everyone would pick Taylor. 

Not to belabour the point, but it's almost apples and oranges. Teams would be looking to TT as a potential starter and Glennon imho would be fighting for a #2 spot. So technically the price would determine who signs first but difference between starter and backup make them different markets

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

If Glennon can't execute a pro offense and make the throws then find someone else. I'm open to all options other than retaining Taylor. This fine fellow deserves a fresh start somewhere else. 

Careful what you wish for. Trust me, Glennon us much worse than TT and don't even like TT

• Like (+1) 1

As someone that watches almost every Tampa Bay Buccaneers game (including Glennon's start against them this year), the dude is simply not a good QB. If you want him as a backup QB, fine, but he is in no way shape or form an upgrade over Tyrod. He's a substantial downgrade.

12 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Not to belabour the point, but it's almost apples and oranges. Teams would be looking to TT as a potential starter and Glennon imho would be fighting for a #2 spot. So technically the price would determine who signs first but difference between starter and backup make them different markets

We are saying the exact same thing. 

16 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It was only a matter of time once they drafted Trubisky.  Glennon's butt ugly awful play last season expedited matters.

The Bears blew everyone else out of the water in Glennon sweepstakes.  One of the most confusing events of last year's draft.

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

I am all for moving on from Tyrod as well you know John I'd have drafted Watson at 10 last year and he would have been our starter by week 5 or 6 at the latest.  But I am not literally going to take anybody with two legs and two arms.  Glennon sucks.  

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I am all for moving on from Tyrod as well you know John I'd have drafted Watson at 10 last year and he would have been our starter by week 5 or 6 at the latest.  But I am not literally going to take anybody with two legs and two arms.  Glennon sucks.  

Read the post you responded to. I stated if Glennon can't run a pro offense then go to another option. The Taylor era is probably over with. There are options. They must be sought! A better option may not be a great option but it is still better than our current situation. 

Whaley was turning the page on Taylor without a veteran qb in place. I believe it is very probable that McBeane is still going to scour the market for a veteran qb even if they get one of the high end prospects in this draft. You and I are aligned in our thoughts about drafting a qb last year. If the Bills would have drafted either Mahomes or Watson last year this team would be in a more stable situation. (JeffisMagic was scorned; JeffisMagic was right.}

What I will not yield on is that the era of a pop warner offense must be extinguished to the ashes of this franchise's inglorious recent history. It's time to move on. 

3 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Careful what you wish for. Trust me, Glennon us much worse than TT and don't even like TT

Simple solution: Find another option. 

23 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Read the post you responded to. I stated if Glennon can't run a pro offense then go to another option. The Taylor era is probably over with. There are options. They must be sought! A better option may not be a great option but it is still better than our current situation. 

Whaley was turning the page on Taylor without a veteran qb in place. I believe it is very probable that McBeane is still going to scour the market for a veteran qb even if they get one of the high end prospects in this draft. You and I are aligned in our thoughts about drafting a qb last year. If the Bills would have drafted either Mahomes or Watson last year this team would be in a more stable situation. (JeffisMagic was scorned; JeffisMagic was right.}

What I will not yield on is that the era of a pop warner offense must be extinguished to the ashes of this franchise's inglorious recent history. It's time to move on. 

Simple solution: Find another option. 

John, I am begging you to please stop with “anybody else.” My plea to you is names and an actionable plan. I mean you literally chimed in thinking Glennon was a potential option!! He couldn’t play in the CFL. Who are the guys you are targeting and at what cost? Let’s have a real football discussion. 

My plan is 21, 22 and 2019 1st (max I’d pay) to move into the top 3 for Rosen or Baker. 

18 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

IIRC Glennon was POed when they drafted Trubisky. 

If he would have gotten his head out of his ass long enough the ball out and play reasonable then Trubiskiy would have never seen the field this past year.

Instead of letting Trubiski trade up and draft of, light a competitive fire under his ass he wilted and was correctly replaced. It is on him.

His future now is as a lower priced back up. He made his millions so props to him for cashing in on the talent he had to offer. He became a FA at the best time and demand made him millions. He is a success in that regard.

Edited by cba fan

Just now, cba fan said:

If he would have gotten his head out of his ass long enough the ball out and play reasonable then Trubiskiy would have never seen the field this past year.

Instead of letting Trubiski trade up and draft of, light a competitive fire under his ass he wilted and was correctly replaced. It is on him.

His future now is as a lower priced back up. He made his millions so props to him for cashing in on the talent he had to offer. he became a FA at the best time and demand made him millions. He is a success in that regard.

You're right. That was the plan the Bears had, but Glennon stunk it up so badly they accelerated the time table for Trubisky to get in the lineup. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yikes John.

Just an awful take. And what's the obsession with a "pro offense". Did you miss Deshauns Watson last season before he got hurt? That wasn't a pro style offense. 

Did you watch Taylor in the Jacksonville game? The Bills had the opportunity to take Watson last year. We passed. It was a mistake. There wouldn't be an interminable Taylor discussion if Watson or Mahomes was selected last year. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Did you watch Taylor in the Jacksonville game? The Bills had the opportunity to take Watson last year. We passed. It was a mistake. There wouldn't be an interminable Taylor discussion if Watson or Mahomes was selected last year. 

Watson and/or Mahomes would've been awful under Dennison.

21 hours ago, JohnC said:

The odds are substantially higher that Peterman will be on next year's roster and Taylor won't be. 

How wrong can one person be? 

I'll agree there's only a small likelihood Taylor is a Bill next year, but Peterman's odds are actually worse. 

Let's do the math :

1. The Bills will draft a quarterback high in the draft and his job is safe.
  2. The Bills will not accept going into the '18 season with rookie & Peterman. Even if Taylor is cut, they'll bring in a veteran
  3. The odds they'll bring in a veteran less fit to start than Peterman are microscopic
  4. Even if they do keep three quarterbacks, the odds are better for swiss-army-knife Webb, than Nate.

So it's the practice squad or getting cut outright. How could you misread things so badly?

Edited by grb
  • Like (+1) 1