Active shooter at Florida high school

Just now, DC Tom said:

That list includes such tragedies as a bus having a window shot out with a pellet gun, a kindergartener pulling the trigger of a police officer's service weapon, a stray bullet from off-school grounds hitting a school building, and an accidental discharge in a gun safety class on a weekend when school was out.  

Saying this was the "18th school shooting" equates mass murder to vandalizing a school bus, and is ignorantly misleading and stupid.

Okay it's the 14th.

1 minute ago, garybusey said:

Okay it's the 14th.

Look up the list.  It's more like the third.  Really, my point is less about school shooting than it is about not believing every useless meme you see and hear, and actually doing five minutes of research before you spout off.

But then, you're functionally illiterate, so "research" is well out of your grasp.

31 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Look up the list.  It's more like the third.  Really, my point is less about school shooting than it is about not believing every useless meme you see and hear, and actually doing five minutes of research before you spout off.

But then, you're functionally illiterate, so "research" is well out of your grasp.

Never minding the fact that the memes are coming from an industry that is largely responsible for the increase in these events.

Just now, GG said:

Never minding the fact that the memes are coming from an industry that is largely responsible for the increase in these events.

Big...Pharma?  Big Agro?  Monsanto?  It's Monsanto's fault, isn't it?  God damn fluoridated GMO corn ethanol...  [/Greg]

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Feelings are more valuable and informative than facts.

That's how the right gets everyone thinking they "need" guns in their home to protect themselves from those scary immigrants and robbers.

Edited by elroy16

42 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Feelings are more valuable and informative than facts.

And to quote my pal, Ben Shapiro, facts don't care about your feelings.

So what I'm reading is that the shooter was anti-Trump, pro-communism, pro-Antifa, and pro-CAIR?

Damn Republicans and their useless prayers.

Edited by LABillzFan

8 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

And to quote my pal, Ben Shapiro, facts don't care about your feelings.

So what I'm reading is that the shooter was anti-Trump, pro-communism, pro-Antifa, and pro-CAIR?

Damn Republicans and their useless prayers.

He was a 19-year old orphan.  He didn't have beliefs, he was just !@#$ed up.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

He was a 19-year old orphan.  He didn't have beliefs, he was just !@#$ed up.

I'm starting to think that people who believe in the failed policies of the left are probably mentally ill.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Over the course of a lifetime an American's odds to dying in a mass shooting are approximately 1:110,000.

Thats roughly that same odds you have of dying in a lethal dog attack.

Mass shootings are not a problem.  You are being fed a narrative.

They most certainly are a problem that we should be exploring avenues to prevent.  Should we not bother to research something like ALS or Parkinsons since they are nowhere near as common a killer as heart disease is?  Obviously so many of the ideas out there are far too extreme, but there is nothing to be lost by trying to find realistic ways to limit the number of these events.

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, shrader said:

They most certainly are a problem that we should be exploring avenues to prevent.  Should we not bother to research something like ALS or Parkinsons since they are nowhere near as common a killer as heart disease is?  Obviously so many of the ideas out there are far too extreme, but there is nothing to be lost by trying to find realistic ways to limit the number of these events.

Individual incidents are problematic, but we don't have an epidemic which rises to the standard of requiring government intervention at the level of the violation of natural and Constitutional rights.

Interesting you mention Parkinson's.  There are approximately 50,000 new diagnoses of Parkinson's every year, while there are, on the high end, only 400 deaths related to mass shootings annually.

The annual death toll from mass shootings is similar to that of bathtub drownings. 

Why aren't we up in arms about limiting the volume of water that can be contained in bathtubs?  Or requiring bathtub owners to register themselves and staff their homes with lifeguards?

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

3 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

The annual death toll from mass shootings is similar to that of bathtub drownings. 

Why aren't we up in arms about limiting the volume of water that can be contained in bathtubs?  Or requiring bathtub owners to register themselves and staff their homes with lifeguards?

Jeez TYTT, don't give the Left any ideas..............................:D

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Why aren't we up in arms about limiting the volume of water that can be contained in bathtubs?  

You think California isn't pursuing that?

• Haha (+1) 1