Eric Galko of Optimum Scouting: Bills love Rosen (updated with new info)

YoloinOhio

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He said he has heard repeatedly that the Bills are linked to Rosen. Last year they were so closely linked to Trubisky that Trubisky believed he was going to be a Buffalo Bill (but it was 100% Whaley and that was thwarted by McD).

He said they believe Rosen will get them back to the Jim Kelly era. He has been told McD is not at all turned off by his personality but some other teams are.

He said Gettleman is definitely moving back unless they decide to take a QB. And wants Glenn. And had a great relationship with Beane. He foresees 21, 22 and Glenn where they take Guice and another OL.

darnold at 1 to Browns

this is the best thing I've heard on this site in a long time.  Rosen is a real deal franchise QB at a fraction of the price of even someone like Case Keenum.  he's the only one in this draft that can start day 1.  if the Bills trade up for someone like him it shows they are taking the QB situation seriously for perhaps the first time ever in our history.  keep in mind, Jim Kelly was our 2nd pick in the draft.  we have never used our 1st pick on a QB (EJ we traded back) let alone traded UP to the top of the draft to get one.  it's a no brainer for me.  the majority of the successful franchise QB's are picks 1-5.  the Bills have absolutely refused to pull the trigger.  it's no wonder we have been stuck in QB purgatory

Edited by kdiggz
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

this is the best thing I've heard on this site in a long time.  Rosen is a real deal franchise QB at a fraction of the price of even someone like Case Keenum.  he's the only one in this draft that can start day 1.  if the Bills trade up for someone like him it shows they are taking the QB situation seriously for perhaps the first time ever in our history.  keep in mind, Jim Kelly was our 2nd pick in the draft.  we have never used our 1st pick on a QB (EJ we traded back) let alone traded UP to get one.  it's a no brainer for me.  the majority of the franchise QB's are picks 1-5.  the Bills have absolutely refused to pull the trigger.  it's no wonder we have been stuck in QB purgatory

Well said!

• Like (+1) 1

I would be thrilled and I could certainly see the Giants doing it. 21,22, 96, Glenn and next year’s 2nd for pick 2 and pick 130. 

The Giants walk out of this draft with their LT, 2-3 starters and a top 50 pick next year. 

The Bills would have Rosen and 2 more top 60 picks while keeping next year’s 1. They’d also have picks 117, 130, 149, & 157. This draft would give them their QB, presumably 2 starters (maybe something like Phillips and Malik Jefferson) and a bunch of depth guys. They can probably get their #2 RB (Freeman) a versatile OL (Clapp), WR (Chark) & another DL (Mata’afa) 

• Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

this is the best thing I've heard on this site in a long time.  Rosen is a real deal franchise QB at a fraction of the price of even someone like Case Keenum.  he's the only one in this draft that can start day 1.  if the Bills trade up for someone like him it shows they are taking the QB situation seriously for perhaps the first time ever in our history.  keep in mind, Jim Kelly was our 2nd pick in the draft.  we have never used our 1st pick on a QB (EJ we traded back) let alone traded UP to the top of the draft to get one.  it's a no brainer for me.  the majority of the franchise QB's are picks 1-5.  the Bills have absolutely refused to pull the trigger.  it's no wonder we have been stuck in QB purgatory

Not gonna disagree with any of this but my real concern is how well he can play behind our line.

If he can get the ball out quick I'm not worried but plays that take time to develop will worry me with whomever we have at QB.

It was also interesting that he mentioned a lot of these deals are already done and not announced. He said tampering isn’t a real thing. Everyone is talking to everyone all the time (GM to GM, GM to agent) . Teams just can’t talk directly to players without approval.  I know some people know that already but just putting it out there. 

30 minutes ago, Xwnyer said:

thats a steep price to pay.  better be next coming of Peyton , Brees or MArcia

He reminds me of Dan Marino. Just saying.

If Giants are foregoing a QB with pick 2 I would think the Giants would be intrigued to trade out of that spot unless they see someone that they just have to have.

If The QB the Bills want is there at two, they need to do what needs be done to ensure they they get him.  If they don't, a team like the Cards, Jets or Broncos will make that move and Bills fans will watch the next franchise QB play for someone else, just like we will watch Mahomes and Watson and wonder what might have been.

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He said he has heard repeatedly that the Bills are linked to Rosen. Last year they were so closely linked to Trubisky that Trubisky believed he was going to be a Buffalo Bill (but it was 100% Whaley and that was thwarted by McD).

He said they believe Rosen will get them back to the Jim Kelly era. He has been told McD is not at all turned off by his personality but some other teams are.

He said Gettleman is definitely moving back unless they decide to take a QB. And wants Glenn. And had a great relationship with Beane. He foresees 21, 22 and Glenn where they take Guice and another OL.

darnold at 1 to Browns

I'm usually against a big trade up but screw it, I'll be very excited if this all comes to fruition. Personally I'd be happy with Darnold or Rosen at #2. We would have to spend money in free agency to make up for the lost picks but if Rosen becomes the franchise it won't matter.

15 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

If a deal is there to be made pull the trigger now.

Well really cant pull the deal right now if you are Bills. UNLESS they will be happy with either Rosen or Darnold. Otherwise cant get there now to have Browns take your guy. 

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

So early who knows what happens in May.  Fa still will change alot of what happens.  Same guy says Buffalo is high on Foles.  So they trade for Foles and trade all the way up for Rosen too?  I find that highly unlikely. 

It would be one or the other according to him. 

34 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

the initial contract is peanuts compared to the 500 mil he might be able to make over his full career. then broadcasting. he's not making that anywhere else. 

mic drop

I could see him earning a lot on his second contract and then bailing.  He thinks he can build Amazon 2.   Give him $100 Million and a pile of ambition and smarts, and he could be out of football in less than 10 years.  Maybe not, I don't know.  I also worry whether or not he may be distracted by other endeavors while he is playing and may not give 200% to NFL preparation.