Eric Galko of Optimum Scouting: Bills love Rosen (updated with new info)

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He said Gettleman is definitely moving back unless they decide to take a QB. And wants Glenn. And had a great relationship with Beane. He foresees 21, 22 and Glenn where they take Guice and another OL.

If they want Glenn then just drop pick 96 from my original valuation. That trade would likely be 21, 22, 2019 1st, 2019 3rd, and Glenn.

Personally, I think we have too many needs that need to be addressed that we will need draft picks to do. That being said, it will be interesting to see what the Bills do in free agency. If they address a lot of those needs via free agency then I will have a feeling they are more likely to trade up in the draft

Just now, May Day 10 said:

I'm actually worried that he is too mature.  

He seems like he could make his money and without warning cash out of the NFL for other endeavors.

this is true.  he doesn't need football.  that definitely scares teams.  someone like Baker Mayfield would give his life on the football field.  Josh Rosen isn't going to jeopardize his health and his future over football.  It's just a game to him.  he is so good though, it's a tough call.  is he going to put in the work?

19 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I'd be fine with it--Rosen is the best pure passer in the draft.

It'll be quite the hefty price to pay though, and I have my doubts as to whether or not the Giants would want to move down from 2.

This is my "two move" Eagles for Wentz style scenario.  If the Giants are willing to trade #2 it is because they think they can compete in 2018 with Eli. In that situation I think they want a high impact immediate starter - Chubb could be a fit, Barkley definitely is, Nelson would be an immediate upgrade to their biggest weakness too.  I doubt they want to go down to #21 even for the benefit of consecutive picks there.  So maybe the Bills trade up to Tampa's spot pre-draft or even to Denver's spot if they sign Cousins and then try and make a deal for #2?

I see the Colts as much more likely to be willing to trade back to #21 and #22.  They have a load of holes and are not likely to win in 2018 so are looking at a step this year and they could even pick a guy at #21 and then trade back from #22 and get another couple of picks to address their holes.   

Just now, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Personally, I think we have too many needs that need to be addressed that we will need draft picks to do. That being said, it will be interesting to see what the Bills do in free agency. If they address a lot of those needs via free agency then I will have a feeling they are more likely to trade up in the draft

Too hard to say before FA but that could be. The thing is there is only one need that can be addressed in this draft and not FA or likely next year’s draft ... franchise QB

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

It has really been their biggest issue. If they could get Guice, Glenn and say Billy Price for pick #2 that’s not bad.

i remember all year hearing flowers played great on the right and couldn't handle the left. their defense gets back to form and eli with a line. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

It has really been their biggest issue. If they could get Guice, Glenn and say Billy Price for pick #2 that’s not bad.

And then the 1st from the Bills next year which gives them another chance at a QB depending how the season goes with a rookie QB.

I see some talk that the Bills would have to trade up twice but I'm not buying that. There has to be some appeal to adding an additional piece instead of just one blue chip prospect. ..and then the Guice factor. Earliest I have seen him mocked was 28? What a fit that would be.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Too hard to say before FA but that could be. The thing is there is only one need that can be addressed in this draft and not FA or likely next year’s draft ... franchise QB

100% agree. And I don't think this is a deep draft where you are going to find long term answers to your needs all over the draft anyway.  To me 4 guys who could be long term pieces but none of them at QB is worse than 2 long term pieces one of whom is the future of the franchise at QB.  For those people who say "but what if the QB busts?" so be it.  Time to do the business or get off the pot.  No risk it, no biscuit.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

And then the 1st from the Bills next year which gives them another chance at a QB depending how the season goes with a rookie QB.

I see some talk that the Bills would have to trade up twice but I'm not buying that. There has to be some appeal to adding an additional piece instead of just one blue chip prospect. ..and then the Guice factor. Earliest I have seen him mocked was 28? What a fit that would be.

It also doesn’t prevent them from drafting a QB if one falls to the second since they pick so high ... or trading up to the bottom of the 1st 

3 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

See I think they might to get to the Giants pick. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

100% agree. And I don't think this is a deep draft where you are going to find long term answers to your needs all over the draft anyway.  To me 4 guys who could be long term pieces but none of them at QB is worse than 2 long term pieces one of whom is the future of the franchise at QB.  For those people who say "but what if the QB busts?" so be it.  Time to do the business or get off the pot.  No risk it, no biscuit.  

McBeane has to take their guy this year if they have conviction on one. And trading up for a Qb, especially one like Rosen, doesn’t get you fired if it doesn’t work out. Trading up for a WR would, but not a QB that is so universally lauded.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1