Eric Galko of Optimum Scouting: Bills love Rosen (updated with new info)

YoloinOhio

Ya know for all of the people that complained about being too conservative, wouldn't it be very conservative to not trade up and find another decent QB to fill in?  That just continues the trend of conservative crap that has dragged this team down for years.  Let's be aggressive and go get a guy.  Philly was one of the most aggressive teams I've seen in terms of getting a QB and play-calling style and they beat a team we dread to play. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Interesting!  I did not know that!  Last I saw he'd been drafted by the Pats.

We claimed him on waivers early in the season and he was on the roster throughout most of the year. He was active for a few games. I don't think he saw any real action besides the field goal team. He does have some potential as a possible RT down the line.  But he does give us great insight into Rosen. 

22 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

They aren’t trading the pick, aren’t taking Rosen, and I think it’s too high for Mayfield or Allen who i think they could get at 4

Browns could trade up from 4 to 2 with the Giants - draft number 1 and number 2 and land both of their top 2 guys - and they probably should.

4 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

My guess if they did that, they would take Darnold and Saquon Barkley.

Bills could then trade with Giants at 4 and get one of the top 3 QB's in the draft without giving up as much as it would take to get to 2.    The price for trading up to 2 will be astronomical.

Or Buffalo could trade the Colts for 3rd pick and still get their QB.

I hope Cleveland trades up.

Edited by PolishDave

2 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

Bills could then trade with Giants at 4 and get one of the top 3 QB's in the draft without giving up as much as it would take to get to 2.    The price for trading up to 2 will be astronomical.

Right. I figured trading with the Colts would be the easiest thing for us to grab one of the top 3. The Giants desperatly need a RB they might want Barkley for themelves too.

9 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

While this is all true, it was a rubber matt that ended Kevin Kolb's NFL career.

It wasn't, actually.  He returned from Rubbermatgate to get a concussion from being kneed in the helmet by a Redskins player:

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/retired-kevin-kolb-has-concussion-symptoms--every-second-of-every-day-164216614.html

19 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

I'm all about Mayfield out of the three. I think we need some competitive swagger on our team. 

Two QBs: Joe Fergeson & Jim Kelly. Both had good arms. Both were accurate passers. Both were good in the pocket. Neither was very  mobile.

One turned out to be decent but average. The other has a gold jacket.

IMO, Darnold & Mayfield remind me of Kelly. Rosen, a nice QB with all the measurables, just doesn't.

If we don't sign Cousins, unlikely, I am all for using our draft capital to trade up. We will wind up with two 2s and a #1, the pick that we trade up for. I'm just not sure that the trade up should be for Rosen.

1 minute ago, FearLess Price said:

Right. I figured trading with the Colts would be the easiest thing for us to grab one of the top 3. The Giants desperately need a RB they might want Barkley for themselves too.

Imagine if Cleveland traded all their picks this year in order to move up twice and land the top 3 picks in the draft.   1, 2 & 3

With a decent coach and their existing talent on the roster, they could and should be a dominant force in the conference for years.   But it's Cleveland.

51 minutes ago, DasNootz said:

There's a difference between Jim Kelly and Josh Rosen for those that seem to equate the two after Rosen shunned going to Cleveland.  Jim had a passion for the game and the talent.  The area and the fans can win him over eventually, but he doesn't have the passion and desire to be the very best there are way too many opportunities for long term failure.

Rosen has made it pretty far (day 1 power 5 conference starter, very highly rated across all draft board) for a kid who apparently has no interest in football.  Imagine if he cared, he'd pretty much be the greatest prospect ever.  That, or this is a ridiculous tired notion that exposes posters who know nothing.

43 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Let me see if I can parse this:

-The role you expect Bradford to fill on the team is to start regularly for a variable (but crucial) period of time - IOW, critical that he be available

-The reason you believe Bradford to be a good choice to fill this role is that he has a "horrible injury history"

Makes sense.  B-)

Although, according to the abovelinked article at Buffalo Rumblings, he does have the shortest overall time to throw.  It sounds like your concern is holding the ball in specific situations?

One concern I have with both Rudolph and Rosen is limited mobility.  I don't necessarily want a QB who can run, but to succeed at the NFL level without getting hurt a QB does have to be able to sense pressure in the pocket and move around (sidestep, step up) to avoid it.

Yes, you're right...how he holds the ball in specific situations, mainly when the pressure gets to him and he's trying to buy some time or in those limited situations, his first step or two when he tries to run a bit, the ball security concerns me more from projecting what "could" be an issue with faster, stronger Defensive linemen and the need to hold that ball appropriately at all times. But, that's also why I essentially say it's a piece to work on, but not anywhere close to a real concern that dissuades me from making him my selection.

17 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

Imagine if Cleveland traded all their picks this year in order to move up twice and land the top 3 picks in the draft.   1, 2 & 3

With a decent coach and their existing talent on the roster, they could and should be a dominant force in the conference for years.   But it's Cleveland.

That would be crazy.

Ive done that in madden a few times, traded all my picks in exchange for 2 or 3 1st round picks.

The problem with the browns is they are extremely young and lack veteran leadership. Taking a solid QB and RB with Todd Haley calling the plays should be an upgrade.

Its the Browns tho, so who knows, they might take Josh Allen  lol.

37 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

Or Buffalo could trade the Colts for 3rd pick and still get their QB.

I hope Cleveland trades up.

indy is not going to trade that 3rd pick. they want bradley chubb, according to an interview i heard on wgr yesterday. that being said there's no way i'd give up 3 1sts and then some to get rosen at 2.

i recently read an article where it showed rosen as quite willing to express his social views. in this one particular piece he expressed much disrespect for the president with generalized, uninformed liberal views. to me he seems like a california thin skinned lib, that will also likely be injured often. i agree with the poster who called him a possible jay cutler...at best.

i don't see that as a fit in buffalo. the only qb i trade up for is mayfield. tough, competitive and full of passion for the game. i myself would rather give up 22 for foles and then take a qb they like somewhere after.

or, as far as trading up, i would go both 1sts and tt or glenn to denver for 5 and chad kelly. get a good ken dorsey type for qb coach and go with nate, baker and chad as a stable upcoming talented young guns. it's a process.

Edited by billsredneck1
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Agreed! And, I've mentioned this in another thread but his left tackle for two years (LT and QB relationship can be a close one) Conor McDermott is on our roster and loves Rosen from everything I've read.  How Conor feels about Rosen as a friend and teammate should be, at least, a part of the evaluation of Rosen.

While there are other UCLA players on rosters in the NFL, having a guy like Conor McDermott on our roster gives us some very special insight into how teammates feel about Rosen and what type of leader and person he is. Dude was in the offensive huddle with him for two years. This fact should not be overlooked.   

All of his teammates love him. Check Twitter. He's super smart and thoughtful which rubs people the wrong way. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

indy is not going to trade that 3rd pick. they want bradley chubb, according to an interview i heard on wgr yesterday. that being said there's no way i'd give up 3 1sts and then some to get rosen at 2.

i recently read an article where it showed rosen as quite willing to express his social views. in this one particular piece he expressed much disrespect for the president with generalized, uninformed liberal views. to me he seems like a california thin skinned lib, that will also likely be injured often. i agree with the poster who called him a possible jay cutler...at best.

i don't see that as a fit in buffalo. the only qb i trade up for is mayfield. tough, competitive and full of passion for the game. i myself would rather give up 22 for foles and then take a qb they like somewhere after.

or, as far as trading up, i would go both 1sts and tt or glenn to denver for 5 and chad kelly. get a good ken dorsey type for qb coach and go with nate, baker and chad as a stable upcoming talented young guns. it's a process.

You were making sense and sounding reasonable until you mentioned the douchebag.    I will burn my season tickets on camera if they made any kind of trade for Chad "super-douche" Kelly.     He shouldn't be on any team ever.   And if JK and Elway weren't friends, he wouldn't be.

3 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

You were making sense and sounding reasonable until you mentioned the douchebag.    I will burn my season tickets on camera if they made any kind of trade for Chad "super-douche" Kelly.     He shouldn't be on any team ever.   And if JK and Elway weren't friends, he wouldn't be.

But, how do you really feel about Chad ?

• Haha (+1) 1