Eric Galko of Optimum Scouting: Bills love Rosen (updated with new info)

YoloinOhio

In the podcast Galko mentioned the Giants probably won't be taking a non-QB at 2. Right now they are determining if they can win now with Eli so they'll want to trade back. 

My question is say if the Browns go Darnold at 1, would the Giants be interested in Barkley? From the scouting reports I've read everyone seems to be super high on Barkely and have him as a better prospect than Elliot. Giants taking Barkley could screw up this potential trade. What are everyone's thoughts.. would NYG go RB at 2?

Edited by DtownB2

9 minutes ago, DtownB2 said:

In the podcast Galko mentioned the Giants probably won't be taking a non-QB at 2. Right now they are determining if they can win now with Eli so they'll want to trade back. 

My question is say if the Browns go Darnold at 1, would the Giants be interested in Barkley? From the scouting reports I've read everyone seems to be super high on Barkely and have him as a better prospect than Elliot. Giants taking Barkley could screw up this potential trade. What are everyone's thoughts.. would NYG go RB at 2?

They could have Barkley, or trade down and possibly solve 3 holes

Gleen at LT

Guice at 21 for RB

LB at 22

I can definitely see the Giants staying and taking Barkley, but if I was the GM and wanted to make another run with Eli, I trade down to fill more holes.

13 minutes ago, DtownB2 said:

Welcome to the board.

I could see the Giants being interested in Barkley, but I have a hard time seeing a team taking him at 2 unless they felt he were a franchise-changer.  The cost-benefit simply isn't there IMO.

That said, I think the Giants take either Mayfield or Rosen at 2.

14 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Were  his passes less catchable than the others?  Elway threw hard no matter the distance which made catching his balls difficult.  I worked with a guy who played as a WR with him at Stanford.  This guy said by the end of the season his fingers were so messed up he was catching the ball with his palms and his body.

His WRs sucked 

19 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

In reference to your other point about Rudolph being a “one read guy”, you’re somewhat right but entirely wrong about his Senior year. Don’t take my word for it, go listen to Traspasso on WGR this morning and he’ll say it himself. In Rudy’s Sophmore and Junior years, that is an accurate statement - but in his Senior year, game after game he is making across the field reads and holding the ball and staying in the pocket, throughout every game - and guess what? His numbers improved to almost 5,000 yards, 37 TDs and a rating around 170 while completing 65% of his passes. And....he’s getting better.

my biggest measure of any qb, especially college to nfl prospects is td to int. ratio. therefore i am perfectly fine with with standing pat in the draft and taking rudolph at 21...or 22. 6'5" 230 senior 4 yr. starter....improved every year. 4904 yds in 2017

with 37 tds and 9 ints. ....10ypa.

the only way i trade up is to get mayfield. but, no way i give up 3 firsts or any other picks from this year 21,22 plus tt or glenn is as far as i go when it comes to moving up in the draft. of course my first course of action would be to give one of the firsts for foles.

but staying with only draft scenarios, i would be ecstatic with rudolph and vita vea. maybe then go bpa lb and washington, mason's speedy teammate. then i concentrate in the 3rd on bpa center/guard and edge rusher.

then i pick my rb/cb and possibly another qb like riley ferguson or the best of whoever falls. this is all predicated solely on the draft and of course things can/ will change with free agent pickups.

Edited by billsredneck1

7 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Welcome to the board.

I could see the Giants being interested in Barkley, but I have a hard time seeing a team taking him at 2 unless they felt he were a franchise-changer.  The cost-benefit simply isn't there IMO.

That said, I think the Giants take either Mayfield or Rosen at 2.

i would bet money that they take a qb at no.2. why wouldn't they want to set themselves up perfectly to pass on from eli in a couple of years, ie. brady/jimmy g.  they would be nuts to take a rb at 2 and trading down i don't think would help them....enough.

imo browns are staying at one...nyg staying at 2...indy staying at 3. it's possible cle. moves down from 4, but if they get darnold, they can also take barkley. denver at 5 is the wild card. they have mayfield and allen staring at them...or maybe they take our 2 firsts and tt to let us get ahead of the jets and get mayfield.

this is the only plausible scenario where i see we can trade up and get mayfield. my gut says, we go fa or stand pat at 21 or trade for foles.

Edited by billsredneck1

On 2/16/2018 at 2:19 PM, Nihilarian said:

Shifting gears again here. I think all this talk of Rosen is just smoke as I just don't see this GM/McD moving up to the #2 spot and giving up perhaps three firsts and/or Glenn for an unknown at QB when the team has so many holes on the current roster to fill. It simply doesn't fit their respective DNA when Beane stated he will build through the draft. Giving up all those picks for a QB who may or may not become a solid starter could be a regime killer. Think Ryan Leaf, RG3, JaMarcus Russell, Vince Young, David Carr, Jake Locker et al.

You could definitely be right that it's smoke. 

But are you actually saying that you think it doesn't fit their draft to build through the draft because Beane stated that he will built through the draft? That makes no sense at all.

Bringing in Rosen would be building through the draft.

People here want us to safeguard those picks against being used to trade up when that is almost certainly what they were acquired for.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

You could definitely be right that it's smoke. 

But are you actually saying that you think it doesn't fit their draft to build through the draft because Beane stated that he will built through the draft? That makes no sense at all.

Bringing in Rosen would be building through the draft.

People here want us to safeguard those picks against being used to trade up when that is almost certainly what they were acquired for.

It would indeed. I just think that moving up to the #2 spot would be cost prohibitive. Does that make sense?

Let's just say for the sake of argument that because the Bills own picks later in the first round than usual @21, 22. That they will need extra ammunition to make that trade up to #2 overall. I would think that both this years #1s and next years #1 and say Glenn at LT and it might even take more than this with extra #2s. 

That is four to six conceivable starters for one player and almost immediately kills the chance to build through the draft this year as most 30% of all starters are obtained in the first round. Then 30% were taken in the second or third round. Roughly 26% are taken in rounds four through seven. So, most players selected after the third round have a marginal chance to even make it in the NFL. 

This team has far, far too many holes in the roster to give up that many prospective starters for a QB who may or may not ever become that elite franchise QB. Recently Mike Mayock listed Josh Rosen as his third best QB in this year's draft. (just sayin) This may change as we move towards the combine and pro days. 

Then, should the Bills keep TT or sign a better bridge QB or even Kirk Cousins they would be free to use all those first, second and later picks on players to help the team in 2018. Plus, they could trade Glenn, TT for more picks to further enhance this year's draft class. This would be what I would rather see them do.

Needs, QB, WR, DT or two, LB or two, CB. This team has more needs than just a QB and I'm not sold on Rosen as being an elite NFL QB just yet. 

On 2/14/2018 at 11:35 PM, YoloinOhio said:

This seems to be what they have been saying - though it could be a smokescreen 

Agreed it's a possibility, but what exactly would they be smoke screening for? They have the second pick, they could literally draft any player in the entire draft except for one of them. 

The only thing I could think of would be convincing the Browns to hold off and pick their qb at 4, so maybe the Giants could have their pick of the litter. 

18 minutes ago, ColdFront_USAF said:

Agreed it's a possibility, but what exactly would they be smoke screening for? They have the second pick, they could literally draft any player in the entire draft except for one of them. 

The only thing I could think of would be convincing the Browns to hold off and pick their qb at 4, so maybe the Giants could have their pick of the litter. 

The smokescreen would be that the NYG are going to build around Eli right now and not going to take a QB at 2, and teams looking to move up think they can safely go to 3 with the Colts and get Rosen. But the NYG may actually plan to take Rosen.

On 2/14/2018 at 8:27 AM, Nihilarian said:

The NY Giants FO are morons if they trade away that #2 pick and don't take Rosen themselves. So, let's say they wait until next season or the year after to go for a top QB. Then they will need to give up the farm for a player sitting right there for them. 

I don't see the Giants being this foolish and knowing Eli is so near the end of his career.

I agree, the Giants would be stupid to not draft a QB with the 2nd pick in the draft. When they get Eli and Beckham back with upgrades at O-Line and RB I don't think they will ever get another chance to get a quality QB without trading the farm.

4 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

UPDATE: Eric Galko on his latest podcast says the cost for the Bills to get to #2 will be 21st, 22nd, 2019 2nd Rd Pick and Cordy Glenn. If that's true then it is a steal for us.

That's all it'll take to get our Franchise QB? ANNOUNCE IT NOW!

DO EET

UPDATE: Eric Galko on his latest podcast says the cost for the Bills to get to #2 will be 21st, 22nd, 2019 2nd Rd Pick and Cordy Glenn. If that's true then it is a steal for us.

Yup I would make that trade all day every day.

• Like (+1) 1

If Cordy Glenn is healthy, he has significant value.  If he isn't, I don't see how the Giants would want him.  That is not exactly a steal, imo, but I would definitely make the trade.

takemymoney.jpg

• Like (+1) 2