Eric Galko of Optimum Scouting: Bills love Rosen (updated with new info)

YoloinOhio

One thing matters: did you get it right?

Did the Eagles give up too much for Wentz in their multiple trades? They have a stacked roster that is so good they won the SB by outdueling Brady in an offensive shooting match with their backup QB after Wentz, who was in the running for league MVP and set the Eagles TD passing record in 3/4 of a season, went down with an injury...

They gave up a lot but they got it right. IF you get it right you win a LOT. If you get it wrong you get fired. If you stand pat and do nothing you go 8-8 ish for a few years and get fired anyway. Only one outcome is attractive.

• Like (+1) 1

It doesnt matter who the QB is that they take...but they need to take a QB this year (either pay for best FA or spend the draft capital to get your guy) because the QBs in next years draft look like warm vomit. Identify your guy and grab him this year, we cannot afford to wait...

I dont know if it means trading up, standing pat and taking who is there or what...but it starts with identifying the RIGHT guy and doing what you think is necessary to get him. 

Just now, joesixpack said:

Was it REALLY fletcher cox that won them that championship?

You may wanna re-watch the game.

Butt hurt and being from New Jersey is no way to go through life son.

58 minutes ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Person, IQ, and heart over pure, natural talent any day of the week.

I don't think Rosen has the heart or work ethic to succeed at the next level. Who wants a QB that whines about classes and football don't mix because it's too hard. lol. He complaining about workload? Who the hell wants a QB that complains about too much work?

Good luck with that...

Remember all the success good guys and hard workers like Tim Tebow and EJ Manual had? Those were good times.

I’d take him without a moment of hesitation.

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He said he has heard repeatedly that the Bills are linked to Rosen. Last year they were so closely linked to Trubisky that Trubisky believed he was going to be a Buffalo Bill (but it was 100% Whaley and that was thwarted by McD).

He said they believe Rosen will get them back to the Jim Kelly era. He has been told McD is not at all turned off by his personality but some other teams are.

He said Gettleman is definitely moving back unless they decide to take a QB. And wants Glenn. And had a great relationship with Beane. He foresees 21, 22 and Glenn where they take Guice and another OL.

darnold at 1 to Browns

I wouldn't hesitate moving the two picks and Glenn. Doesn't seem like enough though.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Draft Josh Rosen, and who is he throwing to, who's blocking for him and who rushing the passer and stopping the run when you trade away all those assets. I say stay at 21 & 22 and take best QB available. Is Rosen that much better than Rudolph or Allen??

Yes, he is. Allen shouldn’t even be in this conversation. He’s horrible.

This team has been trying to play it safe and fill other holes for nearly 2 decades and we have nothing to show for it. If they think Rosen can make us a consistent winner then do whatever it takes to get him. Do you think the Eagles regret getting Wentz? You can still fill other holes with either FA or other draft picks.

• Like (+1) 1

Wentz likely would have been league MVP if not for a freak hit to the leg.

The team that won the Super Bowl is going to get their MVP quality QB and pro bowl LT back for next season. I think they are in a good spot.

Oh, and some team is going to trade them a high draft pick for Foles now too. I'll bet they regret the Wentz deal every day...

Edited by TheFunPolice

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

Wentz likely would have been league MVP if not for a freak hit to the leg.

The team that won the Super Bowl is going to get their MVP quality QB and pro bowl LT back for next season. I think they are in a good spot.

Can't play that game. Watson likely would've been league MVP if not for a freak non-contact practice injury.

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He said he has heard repeatedly that the Bills are linked to Rosen. Last year they were so closely linked to Trubisky that Trubisky believed he was going to be a Buffalo Bill (but it was 100% Whaley and that was thwarted by McD).

He said they believe Rosen will get them back to the Jim Kelly era. He has been told McD is not at all turned off by his personality but some other teams are.

He said Gettleman is definitely moving back unless they decide to take a QB. And wants Glenn. And had a great relationship with Beane. He foresees 21, 22 and Glenn where they take Guice and another OL.

darnold at 1 to Browns

Interesting if true about Trubisky. That's actually what I read too - that the only QB the Bills were really, truly interested in was Trubisky. But it's hard to know what to believe around draft time. 

How reliable is this guy? 

This has me way too excited. It would just be a dream scenario if we could get pick #2, and Rosen. I don't think 21,22 and Glenn would be enough. It probably takes at least another 1st next year but so what. As much as I've been against trade ups in the past I would be ALL FOR this one. 

Trying not not to get my hopes up though. It's draft season (aka wild speculation and crazy rumor time). 

18 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Wait, what's that? Brady just tacked on another 100 yards on their defense?

Come on man, do better.

Nope he was strip sacked on the game winning drive... ooops

Edit: we can reach out to Super Bowl MVP linebackers Malcolm Smith and Vonn Miller as well. 

Im flexible about doing better though, are we saying bills should be able to pick up their super bowl mvp qb in the 3rd round or the 6th? 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

Just now, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

People who have seen me post know that I've been an advocate for Tyrod as bridge QB. But if the Bills love Rosen, and are willing to leverage every asset possible to get him, let's roll with it!

If push comes to shove TT could still be I just dont think they want to pay that cap hit......

Regardless...this is the draft i would like them to get serious about qb

Three things: 

First, it's funny to hear that the Bills are into Rosen, since I ALREADY heard they were into Darnold. So let me get this straight: The Bills happen to like both of the consensus top 2 QBs in the draft? Get right out of town!

Second, I find it quite believable that the Bills would trade with the Giants, given the connections of Beane and Gettelman. In fact, I'd consider it the MOST likely scenario. Our two firsts this year and a first next year probably gets it done. I'm fine with the price if they really believe in one of the top QBs as a franchise guy.

Third, I find it quite reasonable that the Giants WOULD trade out of the second spot. I believe they load up on picks, build around Manning, and go for a QB to groom somewhere in round 2-4.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Not too far off lol, hopefully does better.

Much rather have Mayfield and Darnold.

Agreed. Mayfield is my guy. Unfortunately, I don't think the Bills will take him. I think it will haunt them, because he's gonna be a good one.

• Like (+1) 1