Eric Galko of Optimum Scouting: Bills love Rosen (updated with new info)

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Never understood why Bills fans have to call other Bills fans idiots, morons, stupid, etc.  Isn't this board for sharing opinions and discussing Bills information, rumors, etc.?

When and where did I call anyone a moron directly? I said IF he chooses to go Brown over Brady, he's a moron. I've been called A LOT worse in these forums but don't get butt hurt over it.

2 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Eric Galko was the first to report of the Trubisky interest last year as well. This guy is plugged in.

It's probably going to take 21st, 22nd, 53rd, 2019 1st Rd pick, 2020 3rd Rd Pick and Cordy Glenn and I would absolutely do that deal for Josh Rosen. He's immediately the 2nd best QB in franchise history and we've boxed off the most important position in sports for a decade. 

That's suicide.  And honestly, I would hate to give up a 1st round pick next year too.  I hated it in the Watkins trade and I'd hate it now.  I hate not having a 1st round pick.  It just sucks.  If we trade all of that prepare to take a few steps back before going forward again.  Such a trade presupposes that we are only one player away and we are not.  I can see giving up 21 and 22 but not 2019 1st and another future 3rd.  If we give up all of that + Glenn then we've been had big time.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Never understood why Bills fans have to call other Bills fans idiots, morons, stupid, etc.  Isn't this board for sharing opinions and discussing Bills information, rumors, etc.?

Consider the source.  At least I know how to spell damn.  

2 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

That's suicide.  And honestly, I would hate to give up a 1st round pick next year too.  I hated it in the Watkins trade and I'd hate it now.  I hate not having a 1st round pick.  It just sucks.  If we trade all of that prepare to take a few steps back before going forward again.  Such a trade presupposes that we are only one player away and we are not.  I can see giving up 21 and 22 but not 2019 1st and another future 3rd.  If we give up all of that + Glenn then we've been had big time.

I hate giving up future 1st's too just makes next year's Draft less exciting but it's the cost for a top QB and too be honest we haven't hit on many 1sts, 2nd and 3rd's recently. 

Nothing papers over the cracks of your roster like a really good QB and Rosen is a prodigy. Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers are all on their last legs. Getting in young star at QB with a chance to be elite is imperative. 

3 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

I hate giving up future 1st's too just makes next year's Draft less exciting but it's the cost for a top QB and too be honest we haven't hit on many 1sts, 2nd and 3rd's recently. 

Nothing papers over the cracks of your roster like a really good QB and Rosen is a prodigy. Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers are all on their last legs. Getting in young star at QB with a chance to be elite is imperative. 

I agree with the overall notion of giving up the picks being worth it, but tough to make the point about not hitting on picks after watching White and Dawkins play last year. 

3 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Based on past trades it'd be something along the lines of picks 21, 22, & 96 this year, and our 1st & 3rd next year. Using the below chart and a 130% multiplier for the team moving up those picks get it done. 

cm7HHYa.jpg

This is a bet your future for five years move.  All is well if you are right but if not, it’s like jail.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Draft Josh Rosen, and who is he throwing to, who's blocking for him and who rushing the passer and stopping the run when you trade away all those assets. I say stay at 21 & 22 and take best QB available. Is Rosen that much better than Rudolph or Allen??

If you move that much he’s probably starting as a rookie, and you’re picking up vet backup on the cheap... then all the rest of that cap can be used on at least on high quality WR and some FA upgrades where available on the line. 

1 minute ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

But we just hit on a 1st and a 3rd with White and Dawkins.  The book is still out on Jones who had some really good moments.  It's a new regime and I'm all for the idea of New GM, New Coach, New Franchise QB.  I'm all for the idea but I think the price that you mentioned is exactly what Beane was talking about when asked about trading up.  If you can get a deal that makes sense within what you are working with then you do it without hesitation.  But if teams are trying to take advantage of you just because they know you need a QB, that's where IMO you just back off.  I'll do a deal but I'm not going to get taken advantage of.

4 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

Like I have said before...the cost will be huge

but....if the bills are convinced that Josh is a franchise QB....you have to do it....its the most important position on the field.

No you don't, this draft is loaded with QB's and Rosen is not that much better to throw away ALL those picks. If they did Bills would go 4-12 next year with there 2019 1st rounder going to NYG. STUPID!

Either they will find a long term answer at QB or they will all get fired anyways.

Might as well find the guy you love and roll the dice. Let your fate rest on the move you truly want to make, rather than what you settled for because you drafted a guard and a WR and hoped Tyrod Taylor of Case Keenum would be the answer.

I'm a fan of signing Cousins and keeping all the picks to load up the team. I would also be excited to see this team identify a guy and go get him.

The only unacceptable outcomes to me are sticking with Tyrod or signing Case Keenum, who is going to get some "smart" people fired in a year or two.

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

No you don't, this draft is loaded with QB's and Rosen is not that much better to throw away ALL those picks. If they did Bills would go 4-12 next year with there 2019 1st rounder going to NYG. STUPID!

Sorry but no I dont agree

This is a good year for qbs....and the bills would be getting one of the best of them