Eric Galko of Optimum Scouting: Bills love Rosen (updated with new info)

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, PIZ said:

Not saying it would be a great idea.  I'd take the QB too.  Just saying that if they wanted the best RB and possibly the best QB, they could get both.  Giants and Colts may go Barkley before the Browns pick at 4.

I'd rather take the QB and risk losing Barkley than the other way around. Darnold should be the only one on their list of #1 overall

The thought of the Bills identifying their guy and going get him gets me through the day.

i think McDermott and Beane realize that Brady and Bill will both be out of NE shortly, and getting a franchise QB now, will ensure in a year or two that when the division is up for grabs post Brady, that they want to have a franchise QB who is ready to go.

20 minutes ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Person, IQ, and heart over pure, natural talent any day of the week.

I don't think Rosen has the heart or work ethic to succeed at the next level. Who wants a QB that whines about classes and football don't mix because it's too hard. lol. He complaining about workload? Who the hell wants a QB that complains about too much work?

Good luck with that...

Did you even look into what he said and why he said it.. I just went through that whole thing and I fail to see what he said was wrong..In fact most discussions on the topic support and understand what Rosen said and why he said it.

Non issue in my book...

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Finkle Is Einhorn said:

At this point they should to give up whatever it takes if that means you have a chance at a franchise quarterback. It's the single most important position in all of sports.everythings a risk .  

I agree if they believe he's our franchise QB for a decade, then just go get him what ever it cost , you can get any position filled through free agency LB , DT , CB , etc,,, franchise QB's not so much,  

9 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Did you even look into what he said and why he said it.. I just went through that whole thing and I fail to see what he said was wrong..In fact most discussions on the topic support and understand what Rosen said and why he said it.

Non issue in my book...

Yea I read about it. Read the whole interview. Sounds like him complaining about work to me. Don't hear that stuff out of Peyton Manning who stayed a whole 4 years at school to finish his degree in communications. Didn't hear much whining from Andrew Luck when he decided to finish his architecture degree...

I guess ALL NCAA student athletes have this problem too then...

7 minutes ago, VABills said:

So Dennis Shaw > OJ Simpson and Milt Plum > Jim Brown.  

QB over RB unless there really is no QB to draft. When you have 2 QBs worth a top 10 pick, why would you risk losing both to draft a RB? ESPECIALLY after giving away Wentz and Watson?

16 minutes ago, VABills said:

OJ Simpson, Jim Brown?

OK. If you were starting an all pro NFL legends  team, who would be your number one overall pick? Tom Brady or Jim Brown?

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

11 minutes ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Yea I read about it. Read the whole interview. Sounds like him complaining about work to me. Don't hear that stuff out of Peyton Manning who stayed a whole 4 years at school to finish his degree in communications. Didn't hear much whining from Andrew Luck when he decided to finish his architecture degree...

Lots of people seem to agree with his take on work load for student athletes.  Are you sure Peyton didn't get some special treatment where many other less star athletes didn't. it seemed to me Rosen was advocating for many other student athletes who will need to  depend on those college degrees but their football workload made it harder for them to get the degrees they wil need to be successful.

might be interesting to know how many college football players utilize their college degrees when college is done

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 1

The truly great teams that are built for the long haul, start from the inside out. Seeing as we seem to finally have a GM and Coach on the same page, they made the hard decisions in their first season, and both of our lines resemble a mobile home after an F5 tornado; I believe the reports that is where we will be spending our draft capital. Furthermore I wholeheartedly agree with the approach.

Doing this and then snagging someone like Mike White on Day 2 is the right way to go.

8 minutes ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

QB over RB unless there really is no QB to draft. When you have 2 QBs worth a top 10 pick, why would you risk losing both to draft a RB? ESPECIALLY after giving away Wentz and Watson?

OK. If you were starting an all pro NFL legends hall of fame team, who would be your number one overall pick? Tom Brady or Jim Brown?

If you say Tom Brady you're a dam hypocrite. If you say Jim Brown,  you're a moron. pick you poison. lol

Never understood why Bills fans have to call other Bills fans idiots, morons, stupid, etc.  Isn't this board for sharing opinions and discussing Bills information, rumors, etc.?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Eric Galko was the first to report of the Trubisky interest last year as well. This guy is plugged in.

It's probably going to take 21st, 22nd, 53rd, 2019 1st Rd pick, 2020 3rd Rd Pick and Cordy Glenn and I would absolutely do that deal for Josh Rosen. He's immediately the 2nd best QB in franchise history and we've boxed off the most important position in sports for a decade. 

2 minutes ago, simool said:

The truly great teams that are built for the long haul, start from the inside out. Seeing as we seem to finally have a GM and Coach on the same page, they made the hard decisions in their first season, and both of our lines resemble a mobile home after an F5 tornado; I believe the reports that is where we will be spending our draft capital. Furthermore I wholeheartedly agree with the approach.

Doing this and then snagging someone like Mike White on Day 2 is the right way to go.

No

Draft Josh Rosen, and who is he throwing to, who's blocking for him and who rushing the passer and stopping the run when you trade away all those assets. I say stay at 21 & 22 and take best QB available. Is Rosen that much better than Rudolph or Allen??

Edited by Tatonka68
  • Like (+1) 1