Sign in to follow this  
Dadonkadonk

[Vague Title]Uh oh TT haters...

TAY764868.png%3Acover()&w=120&h=120
Tyrod Taylor
BUF.png
QB
Bills

Completion pct.: 34.9 (17th). Passer rating: 62.9 (10th). Adjusted YPA: 5.7 (sixth).

Score: 33.

Benched by his own team amid a playoff run and constantly heckled by a vocal group of fans on the interwebs, Taylor may well be the most underappreciated player in the league. The Bills receivers do Taylor no favors, averaging fewer yards of separation on their routes than any group in the league.

TT is too conservative.  I agree.  This data would suggest if he took more chances he might do just fine.  But the WR group either by injury or lack of talent, has held this offense back just as much as TT ever has.  In fact while typing that sentence Zay Jones just dropped another pass. 
Should TT be blamed for not taking enough chances.  Yes.  Foles gave his guys opportunities to make plays in the SB and it worked.
So much for all the supposed experts on here that say the Bills WRs are running wide open all game long.  All bullshat but they (Maj) will never admit it.  
I still say TT lost the Jags game.  He missed some throws that just need to be made.  But if you think a rookie is going to do much better with this group of no talent receivers think again.  TT numbers got worse each year but so did the WR group - 2016 by injury and 2017 by trade/injury.

• Like 1

Man... if only there were a thread that a topic like this were appropriate/relevant .  Thankfully,  we here at tbd needed a hero to come along, step up to the plate - and start a topic discussing the nitty gritty stuff. Finally, someone who is willing to get their hands dirty and put their head to the ground and do what everyone here has been thinking but lacked the courage to do... 

Start a thread about Tyrod Taylor..

Kudos to you fine sir....because that hero is YOU! And to think..without you, we'd be lost and have nothing to discuss!

Edited by gobills1212
  • Like 4
  • Haha 11
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Man... if only there were a thread that a topic like this were appropriate/relevant .  Thankfully,  we here at tbd needed a hero to come along, step up to the plate - and start a topic discussing the nitty gritty stuff. Finally, someone who is willing to get their hands dirty and put their head to the ground and do what everyone here has been thinking but lacked the courage to do... 

Start a thread about Tyrod Taylor..

Kudos to you fine sir....because that hero is YOU! And to think..without you, we'd be lost and have nothing to discuss!

It's about the data and the WR group.  Reading is hard.

6 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

It's about the data and the WR group.  Reading is hard.

By that logic, so is context as well finding a thread where folks are already talking about shortcomings, potentials,  glass ceilings, and whatever else anyone who watched at least of a third of the games last season happened to observe... good god man!!!

Edited by gobills1212
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

By that logic, so is context as well finding a thread where folks are already talking about shortcomings, potentials,  glass ceilings, and whatever else anyone who watched at least of a third of the games last season happened to observe... good god man!!!

That is the problem when debunking myths.  You saw what you wanted to see.  The data shows the WR group is worst in the league.  

Should he still throw the ball to KB when he is covered. Yes he should.  Oh did you see that Jones just had another hit his hands and fall to the ground.  Worst catch % in the league.  Another data point.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

That is the problem when debunking myths.  You saw what you wanted to see.  The data shows the WR group is worst in the league.  

Should he still throw the ball to KB when he is covered. Yes he should.  Oh did you see that Jones just had another hit his hands and fall to the ground.  Worst catch % in the league.  Another data point.  

Oh wow... 

Sorry, my bad. Maybe this isnt funny after all.

I assumed you were trolling..

But apparently you have STATS (gasp!!!)

Turns out you are just a tyrod fan... now it all makes sense;)

Edited by gobills1212
  • Like 1

he should only be replaced with someone with a better career winning percentage than him 

• Like 1

There is already a bunch of threads blaming the wrs for tyrods problems. Give it up dude tyrod just isnt good.

2 offensive tds in 7 games against playoff teams is the only stat you should care about.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Oh wow... 

Sorry, my bad. Maybe this isnt funny after all.

I assumed you were trolling..

But apparently you have STATS (gasp!!!)

Turns out you are just a tyrod fan... now it all makes sense;)

LOL.  I'm a Bills fan as I assume you are.  Yes I want a better QB.  I have no problem drafting a QB over and over until we find a great one.  

Bills made the playoffs with TT at QB, opportunistic defense, and worst WR group in the league.  Which of those three are the hardest or easiest to improve? 

Again, draft a QB in the first round.  Hell go ahead and do what I hate and trade up and get your guy.  But to think that is easy to do and will assuredly make the team better is folly.  

Can we please stop with this non-sense?

I'm sick of hearing that he didn't have good receivers. He had Woods at Watkins last year... were they not good receivers?

Tyrod sucks and it's time to move on. 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

LOL.  I'm a Bills fan as I assume you are.  Yes I want a better QB.  I have no problem drafting a QB over and over until we find a great one.  

Bills made the playoffs with TT at QB, opportunistic defense, and worst WR group in the league.  Which of those three are the hardest or easiest to improve? 

Again, draft a QB in the first round.  Hell go ahead and do what I hate and trade up and get your guy.  But to think that is easy to do and will assuredly make the team better is folly.  

It's like I always say, the most dangerous tyrod supporter is a tyrod supporter armed with stats!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

I'm sick of hearing that he didn't have good receivers. He had Woods at Watkins last year... were they not good receivers?

Yes that would be an accurate statement.  Woods and Watkins were on the roster in 2016.  You got me.  

1 hour ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Yes that would be an accurate statement.  Woods and Watkins were on the roster in 2016.  You got me.  

Yes they were on the roster.

Are you saying Woods and Watkins aren't good receiver's or what's your point? 

Edited by Klaista2k

1 minute ago, Klaista2k said:

Yes they were on the roster.

Are you saying Woods and Watkins are good receiver's or what's your point? 

Seriously?  I have to clarify that Watkins played 8 games most of them hurt in 2016.  Woods 13 again several playing hurt.  

Good night.  

I was never a Tyrod “hater” until the Saints game this past season. You cant watch the second half of that game and tell me that Tyrod Taylor is an adequate starter is this league

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dadonkadonk said:
TAY764868.png%3Acover()&w=120&h=120
Tyrod Taylor
BUF.png
QB
Bills

Completion pct.: 34.9 (17th). Passer rating: 62.9 (10th). Adjusted YPA: 5.7 (sixth).

Score: 33.

Benched by his own team amid a playoff run and constantly heckled by a vocal group of fans on the interwebs, Taylor may well be the most underappreciated player in the league. The Bills receivers do Taylor no favors, averaging fewer yards of separation on their routes than any group in the league.

TT is too conservative.  I agree.  This data would suggest if he took more chances he might do just fine.  But the WR group either by injury or lack of talent, has held this offense back just as much as TT ever has.  In fact while typing that sentence Zay Jones just dropped another pass. 
Should TT be blamed for not taking enough chances.  Yes.  Foles gave his guys opportunities to make plays in the SB and it worked.
So much for all the supposed experts on here that say the Bills WRs are running wide open all game long.  All bullshat but they (Maj) will never admit it.  
I still say TT lost the Jags game.  He missed some throws that just need to be made.  But if you think a rookie is going to do much better with this group of no talent receivers think again.  TT numbers got worse each year but so did the WR group - 2016 by injury and 2017 by trade/injury.

Man i can't believe people still want Taylor back next yr.  I'm tired of watching him he's not the answer we are wasting our time.  He's not a QB not a starter in this league.  

When other teams say they wanted to make your QB play QB that's when u know u don't have 1. What stats u got for that? What's his stats from the pocket???. 

39 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

It's like I always say, the most dangerous tyrod supporter is a tyrod supporter armed with stats!

Yea the problem is they don't pay attention to advanced stats that truly tell the story bout Taylor. They pk and choose like as if there grocery shopping. 

All i know is when down by 3pts or more in the 4th Quarter we are in some serious trouble of losing that gm with Taylor at QB .

4 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Man i can't believe people still want Taylor back next yr.  I'm tired of watching him he's not the answer we are wasting our time.  He's not a QB not a starter in this league.  

When other teams say they wanted to make your QB play QB that's when u know u don't have 1. What stats u got for that? What's his stats from the pocket???. 

He is a lower end QB starter in this league.  You can win with him and make the playoffs.  With an elite defense, offensive line, and running back you could win the Super Bowl with him.  The odds of those pieces falling into place are slim to none.  It's time to move on.

32 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

There is far more to it than just Tyrod sucks.

The guy simply won't throw it unless the receiver is wide open and he is almost too careful with the ball when passing. He holds onto the ball way too long waiting for receivers to break free. He doesn't see the whole field as many times there are open receivers and he doesn't see them. Like a lot of Bills QBs, he is Mr checkdown as McCoy was the leading reception receiver last year with 59. He had 77 targets with nearly the best catch percentage on the team last season.

Both Clay and Zay Jones had 74 targets each and they only caught 49, 27 passes respectfully. KB only played in 6 games last season so it's kinda hard much about him.  31st in both passing attempts and yards, 27th in passing TDs. 

Most are pretty certain that this FO wants to move on from TT because they want more of a downfield passer than a runner.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

He is a lower end QB starter in this league.  You can win with him and make the playoffs.  With an elite defense, offensive line, and running back you could win the Super Bowl with him.  The odds of those pieces falling into place are slim to none.  It's time to move on.

He is a starting QB in this league and a team like Cleveland or Denver would be smart to bring him in while building their rosters. He is better than what they currently have. 

20 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

He is a starting QB in this league and a team like Cleveland or Denver would be smart to bring him in while building their rosters. He is better than what they currently have. 

Cleveland has their choice of the most hyped QB class since 2004.  It's already been reported that Denver tried to trade for A. Smith which makes me think they'll go for Kirk Cousins.  Any of the Vikings QB free agents are better options than Taylor imo.  Nick Foles trade is also a possibility.  Tyrod's best chance to start is with a team that will draft Lamar Jackson as he can be that team's bridge QB as they have a similar skill set. 

Oh for God's sake!  Can't these threads just go away!?   

Tyrod is!  And soon!

• Like 1

I was ready to move on from TT but after coming across this post and the shocking revelation that we didn't have the best WRs, I'm all in with him. Get him great WRs, fix the line, get a better back up RB, use O'Leary more from day 1, and make sure the D always holds up and then TT will be good. Well, the same could be said for almost any halfway decent QB. Make sure all the surrounding pieces are perfect and he will do okay. 

Sarcasm aside, it's time to make sure we get a real QB, one who doesn't need everything to be lined up all the time. A guy good enough to cover other weaknesses on the team at time. One who makes average WRs look better.

• Like 1

I sure hope other teams believe he is a good QB so that we can get a draft pick.  Where are the stats for dumping it off, throwing over the head of your WR, and totally not seeing a wide open WR streaking down the sideline.  Brady, Foles, etc. would have done fine with this WR group.

• Like 1

There is no easy answer to our "QB Issue"...as much as you don't want to hear this...Tyrod may be our best answer until we develop another QB. Oh wait...Nathan is ready to step in...NOT!

It's not the WR's. Tyrod has been the same guy for 3 years. Same flaws, same limitations no matter what data is presented. 

• Like 2