Jags win in playoffs, remove tarps and now new uniforms

Punching Bag

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jaguars-set-to-unveil-new-uniforms-for-2018-season-one-possible-detail-leaked/

Although we don't know any specific details on the new uniforms, Mark Long of the Associated Press says the helmet will likely be all black. We can probably also assume that there's going to be a lot of teal involved because that was a big color for the Jaguars in 2017. After going three seasons without wearing teal, the Jags wore the color for two games in 2017, against the Bengals and Seahawks.

Besides dumping their uniforms, the Jags will also be making some other changes for the upcoming season. For one, the team will finally be getting rid of the tarp that covers the upper deck at Everbank Field. The removal of the tarp will add an extra 3,501 seats for each home game.

I personally LIKE the two tone helmets although not like uniforms.

Just now, Steptide said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the jags are 7-9 next year. They were lucky that the Colts were so bad and also the Texans lost their starting qb. No doubt they have a great defense, but I think the jags will struggle next year

They have too much talent to go backwards IMO. They could be even better should they upgrade at QB. 

13 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I personally LIKE the two tone helmets although not like uniforms.

To me the two tone helmets could've worked had they not made the difference so immediate between the two. The colors easily could've been blended better so it looked more natural and not forced.

I still wish they would go back to their helmets that were black but when light it then they shone green also.

Edited by corta765

Thank God they are getting rid of those awful helmets.

Though the uniform change has nothing to do with the playoff run; my understanding is that the process to change/modify uniforms takes quite awhile, and would have necessarily started before last season.

15 hours ago, Steptide said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the jags are 7-9 next year. They were lucky that the Colts were so bad and also the Texans lost their starting qb. No doubt they have a great defense, but I think the jags will struggle next year

14 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They have too much talent to go backwards IMO. They could be even better should they upgrade at QB. 

I lean toward the possible step back as well. Hinges on whether they upgrade at QB, if Watson is healthy in time, and if Reich and Vrabel have strong rookie campaigns. That's gonna be a tough division.

Edited by ProcessTheTrust

3 minutes ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

I lean toward the possible step back as well. Hinges on whether they upgrade at QB, if Watson is healthy in time, and if Reich and Vrabel have strong rookie campaigns. That's gonna be a tough division.

Anything is possible. They have quite a few young players who are on the rise.  If they get Allen Robinson back that will only improve their offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Anything is possible. They have quite a few young players who are on the rise.  If they get Allen Robinson back that will only improve their offense. 

I can see them going back because while they have a lot of talent, It's undisciplined. That usually doesn't end all that well. Also, Marrone is not a great coach (and this is not bias, I think he proved that in the championship game.) 

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I can see them going back because while they have a lot of talent, It's undisciplined. That usually doesn't end all that well. Also, Marrone is not a great coach (and this is not bias, I think he proved that in the championship game.) 

He coaches scared.  Coaches to not make mistakes and hope they end up winning.

36 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Thank God they are getting rid of those awful helmets.

Though the uniform change has nothing to do with the playoff run; my understanding is that the process to change/modify uniforms takes quite awhile, and would have necessarily started before last season.

You are correct. Once you make a major change to your primary uniform you have to keep it for a minimum of 5 years. The league has to be notified by March 1st of the prior league year also. It can take up to two years for the jerseys to be changed between designing the uniforms, testing them for TV to make sure colors numbers and names all are readable, and just market testing in general. You can change the helmet and pants in certain ways ala the Rams this year but not the uniform. The Browns already are in the process apparently of revising their uniforms again by 2020 after just changing them in 2015.

On a side point many people ask about the helmets and why the Bills can't do red or Patriots white for Pat the Patriot. The NFL has a one shell rule where the helmet a player wears has to be inspected by the league and approved. It is far too difficult to change the color weekly because of this which is why the standing Buffalo decal and stripes are easy to swap in, but its difficult to do the red.

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Quite a few coaches should learn a lesson from Doug Pederson's  aggressive approach.