Bills hire Terry Robiskie as WR coach

YoloinOhio

33 minutes ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

days like this I love this place, I'm sure that will change soon :P

Yes, when this is civil life is good. :D
Off subject, I channeled an inner Al Hrabosky many moons ago in the bottom on the ninth on a beer night in Eugene Or...:beer:

I can't be the only one who feels like Phil Mcgoeghan did the Bills a favor by taking a lateral move to the Chargers. 

A coach left who McDermott may not have had any intention of moving on from (at least it didn't look like he did), and because of that we ended up with a pretty clear upgrade at that position (IMO anyways). 

Works for me! 

I have to say to say that I've been impressed with McDermott and Beane's ability to hire quality candidates with other options available to them. We are seeing guys choose Buffalo over other teams for a change. 

1 hour ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

You don’t catch 150+ balls your senior year and have bad hands... his problem was mostly mental, as well as the physical/speed of the game.

He will be fine.... 

....but the "One and Done Gang" officially labeled him a bust...they already declared the "Peterman era ( era-a long and distinct period of history with a particular feature or characteristic) over.......hell, I'm thinkin' our 1st round QB draftee throws two picks in seven on seven TC and is outta here......tough crowd.....Robey was declared a BUST for getting burned in a PRE-SEASON game......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

3 hours ago, JohnC said:

You are either 56 or not. Stop shading the truth. Admit your age and with pride take your senior discount. And don't bother trying the home hair coloring to hide the gray. Be authentic and be proud. :) 

Okay Okay Geesh. I am about to be fifty 7. Great time to be alive ! 4 kids, two Grandboys and a Grand girl comin' in may as well  with from my youngest daughter!

Plenty of gray and no color for me. Delighted i made it this far !!

Touch and go at times though LOL !!

TY JohnC !! Go Billls !

I like the hires

Here was the Browns drive chart from the game in 2004 when Robiskie was interim HC...the "it was men against boys" game

image.thumb.png.41e406c321479204e135a027fe581b84.png

Browns had -3 yards passing and 26 total yards for the game...QBs were sacked 7 times and had 5 turnovers...surprisingly enough they actually held a 7-3 lead late in the first quarter after we turned the ball over at our 18 yard line...they lost 37-7 that day.

When you have 10 drives that go for under 5 yards total, with 4 of them being double digit negative, you know you aren't going to have a very productive day...

hopefully he gets better results from the WR's...

Edited by matter2003

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

"I just want the Buffalo Bills to know the quality and caliber of Terry Robiskie. He's taught me a lot and he is an incredibly talented and hard working coach."

- Jesus of Nazareth.

Edited by BeefCurtns

23 hours ago, 707BillsFan said:

Terry Robiskie? How old is that guy? I remember him coaching the Raiders in, something like, the early 80's. We're talking Jim Plunkett and Marcus Allen years. Dang, he's old. Can WR coaches us walkers on the sidelines? 

He's 63 according to the Interwebs, unless he's disabled from his playing years that's not usually "walker" territory. 

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He's 63 according to the Interwebs, unless he's disabled from his playing years that's not usually "walker" territory. 

He looked old in '82 w/ the Raiders, that's all I was saying (and it's 36 years later). At the time, his age wasn't revealed. Bills QB in 82 will still Joe Ferguson. Seriously! 

Edited by 707BillsFan

25 minutes ago, 707BillsFan said:

He looked old in '82 w/ the Raiders, that's all I was saying (and it's 36 years later). At the time, his age wasn't revealed. Bills QB in 82 will still Joe Ferguson. Seriously! 

Well, according to his bio, he played in the NFL 5 years then took a position coaching.  If we assume he graduated at 22, he'd have been 27 as a coach with Oak.

Can't say as to why he looked old, apparently he wasn't

1 hour ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

So who will be the first person to find possible upcoming FA WR's connected to Robiskie  ?

Your wish is my command? 

Tennessee Titans: Eric Decker, Harry Douglas.  Atlanta: I think all their FA WR arrived after Robiskie left