The Chargers Hire Phil McGeoghan as WR Coach - Bills Hire Terry Robiskie to Replace Him

26CornerBlitz

3 minutes ago, Wily Dog said:

Jones was playing most of his games with a bad shoulder and will have a new QB throwing to him next year which should help him considerably.

wish they told as that during the season. he was never listed.
Not fond of hindsight conclusions. I do not mean you good Sir WD.
 so post season someone says he was injured most of the year ?

no he sucked. even if he was injured. For plenty of reasons including route running ( at times ). is it Coaching?

Likely all of the above. 

Glad they are moving on from him.

Sanjay !

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

no he sucked. even if he was injured. For plenty of reasons including route running ( at times ). is it Coaching?

Likely all of the above. 

Sanjay !

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2018/01/18/coaching-tracker-latest-status-updates-cowboys-offseason-coaching-moves

Sanjay Lal (Wide Receivers Coach)

Replacing the departed Derek Dooley, Lal is expected to be named the new wide receiver coach, although the Cowboys have yet to make a formal announcement. Lal has 11 years of NFL coaching experience with four teams, most recently with the Colts this past season.  

Both Robiskie and Robinson have the experience and pedigree head coach Sean McDermott values in his assistants.  Robiskie, 63, has been an NFL assistant for over 35 years, coaching for six different organizations.  His first coaching job was with the Los Angeles Raiders in 1982.

Robinson, 65, has spent 27 years in the NFL with six different teams, as well as three years as a college assistant at Georgia Tech and two in the USFL with the Memphis Showboats, where he began his pro coaching career in 1984.

McGeoghan was hired by McDermott last offseason after spending 2016 as the wide receivers’ coach at East Carolina University.  He was Bills’ second-round pick Zay Jones’ position coach there for Jones senior season.  Prior to that, McGeoghan spent three years with the Miami Dolphins.

2 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

Don't have patience for a WR with bad hands.  The dude was literally setting records for drops.  He has played WR for how many years and still can't catch?  Not sure how one day it will just happen.

To your point, he went from catching everything to suddenly struggling to catch the ball. It just happened one day, so hopefully the switch can be flipped back in the other direction. Hopefully just rookie jitters.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Likely all of the above. 

Sanjay !

I believe that the seriousness of the shoulder issue showed up in the post season physical as did Eric Wood's problem, thus they didn't know .

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...didn't he play most of the season with a torn labrum and recently had surgery?.................

He did, but that shouldn't have had any effect on passes that hit him in the hands.  Although I can see that being a problem when he needed to reach for passes or holding on when DBs attempted to knock the ball out. 

14 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Anthony Lynn apparently disagrees.

Yea. Every coach in the NFL is a good coach because an NFL team hired them.  That's definitely how it works.  

I have nothing against him personally but after one year as the WR coach in Miami (two years as Assistant WR before that) he was allowed to leave and the same after one year in Buffalo.  Suggests the teams who have had him in that role have not exactly been clamouring to keep him.  

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to The Chargers Hire Phil McGeoghan as WR Coach - Bills Hire Robiskie to Replace Him
  • 26CornerBlitz changed the title to The Chargers Hire Phil McGeoghan as WR Coach - Bills Hire Terry Robiskie to Replace Him