Estelle Gettys Hot Takes

Estelle Getty

Hello my old friends. I haven't posted since they switched the software, it took me six months to figure out how to log in.  I was always here in spirit.  At my age it is not so easy and Blanch is always hogging the computer looking for Mr. Right Now.  Anyways on to football, my views from heaven:

- I think our future QB may be on the Bengals at the moment, and it isn't Dalton.  Suprised more people havent been talking about A.J. M coming here whether he ends up being a FA or not. 

- Can see us making a run at Jimmy Graham if he is willing to come here as our FA splash (Depending on QB situation).  With the way Clays contract is set up he is a dead man walking in 2019.  

- Defensive front 7 will be totally overhauled as it should be.  

- Glad to see Dennison and soon to be Taylor put in the scrap heap.  For the record I was on the fence about Taylor going into the year, my mind is firmly made up now. 

- Mc D is a good leader but as we all know clock management and his aggressiveness need to get much better. 

- Keep in mind in 2019 we will have an absurd amount of salary cap space, Beane is gonna be forced to dust off the velcrow wallet and spend a few dollars. 

Praise the good lord the drought is over and we can finally brush those big ass chips off our shoulders.  Go Bills!

Edited by Estelle Getty
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

We don’t even know how much we’re spending in 2018, how do you know that we’ll have a lot of cap space in 2019? ?

It's projected to be around $90,000,000 I believe. Contracts could be loaded to where a majority of the cap hit is in 2019. 

57 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

His FA status will be determined on Thursday. He is not predicted to win his grievance so most likely he will be an RFA.

Yolo, can you say more about this?  Articles I found seemed to be more "we have no clue which side will prevail"

For example:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/02/13/inside-aj-mccarron-grievance-against-cincinnati-bengals/333587002/

"How will the arbitrator rule? No one involved in this grievance has any idea.

The Enquirer has learned this case is somewhat unique under the current CBA based on the circumstances surrounding it. Disputes over improper listings have occurred in the past, but this ruling could provide a clearer framework regarding listings for teams and players going forward.

As for McCarron and the Bengals, each side feels they have a strong argument."

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yolo, can you say more about this?  Articles I found seemed to be more "we have no clue which side will prevail"

For example:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/02/13/inside-aj-mccarron-grievance-against-cincinnati-bengals/333587002/

"How will the arbitrator rule? No one involved in this grievance has any idea.

The Enquirer has learned this case is somewhat unique under the current CBA based on the circumstances surrounding it. Disputes over improper listings have occurred in the past, but this ruling could provide a clearer framework regarding listings for teams and players going forward.

As for McCarron and the Bengals, each side feels they have a strong argument."

That’s just what they have been saying on the radio. I think he will be going to the Browns either way, either via FA or offer sheet.

Edited by YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Seriously, give Dorothy my number. 

I'd rather not go with AJ. I mean, he never  even challenged Mr. Mediocre Andy Dalton for a starting spot. If he was worth, really anything as a QB I'd figure there to be a camp battle at some point.

Dare not blaspheme Andy Dalton ever again

7 hours ago, H2o said:

It's projected to be around $90,000,000 I believe. Contracts could be loaded to where a majority of the cap hit is in 2019. 

And that is before we cut Clay before the 2019 season to save about 10 million, and  more than likely part ways with Glenn saving almost 12 million.  On top of that the 2 million a year of Tyrods that will be off the books. Assuming we dont sign Cousins and go with a draft pick or cheap option our highest paid player will be Jerry Hughes (if he's even on the team, I have my doubts) at about 10 million.  That is some crazy stuff, we will be forced to spend. 

As far as AJ to the Browns if he is a RFA that is far from a done deal especially given a new GM in Dorsey who covets draft picks and may or may not even like AJ. I have no proof, it just serms like a happy middle ground for us from risking alot on a 1st rounder who might be able to play in the NFL, and giving Cousins 30 million a year.  A reasonable contract and or trade for AJ seems alot more new age Billsy than the other 2 options, don't you think?

Edited by Estelle Getty